http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4391

Secret Service of the Imperial Court

Handles by Director Daniel Lee

http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4406

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wuxiawuxia
I bet it will be cgi Flying Guillotines:( blood ect...

:monkey06

but of course Shaw Brothers version had convincing blood color XD

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
but of course Shaw Brothers version had convincing blood color XD

I still prefer that to CGI blood.

HyperDrive

CGI blood is too perfect. I'd rather have them use koolaid blood even.

Since 14 Blades (the Secret Service remake) sounds like it centers around the assassins' weapons more. It seems more like the original Flying Guillotine plot.

Then again, they should stop following "industry trends" and not be remaking any of these.

thedirtytiger

I agree, real blood is way better than fake and I also agree these should not be remade as an6ything they do will probably not be as good as the originals.

wuxiawuxia

Come on now these films are not gonna be better than the originals, especially for us, old school fans. But given the right cast (Donnie Yen ? Director Derek Yee? ), these new remakes have the potentials to be new, modern martial arts masterpieces. Look at the recent The Warlords. :)

All I am saying is give these new remakes a chance and it's always good to know the new filmmakers go back and revisit the old Shaw Brothers classics. XD

Come on now these films are not gonna be better than the originals, especially for us, old school fans. But given the right cast (Donnie Yen ? Director Derek Yee? ), these new remakes have the potentials to be new, modern martial arts masterpieces. Look at the recent The Warlords. :)

All I am saying is give these new remakes a chance and it's always good to know the new filmmakers go back and revisit the old Shaw Brothers classics. XD

I'll give you that, I never seen Warlords. I'm not totally oldschool, but some of the new movies I've liked have been few and far between, problem I have with remakes is they seldom have anything to do with the originals, then they try to polish it till it's so shiny and pretty:( what ever happend to the dirt, the grit, the blood, sweat, and tears. They use to make these movies in 4-6 weeks, the actors where out there doing kung fu for 12-16 hours a day in the heat to get parts down, the dirt and sweat is not makeup, now these aholes are walking out of their air conditioned trailers all nice and showered. All I ask is they get back to basics.

Whatever happened to that 5 Venoms remake?

The Dragon
I'll give you that, I never seen Warlords. I'm not totally oldschool, but some of the new movies I've liked have been few and far between, problem I have with remakes is they seldom have anything to do with the originals, then they try to polish it till it's so shiny and pretty:( what ever happend to the dirt, the grit, the blood, sweat, and tears. They use to make these movies in 4-6 weeks, the actors where out there doing kung fu for 12-16 hours a day in the heat to get parts down, the dirt and sweat is not makeup, now these aholes are walking out of their air conditioned trailers all nice and showered. All I ask is they get back to basics.

Whatever happened to that 5 Venoms remake?

Yeah, say that $hyte, T!!

What happened to putting a little effort and creativity behind these films?! Other than exceptional efforts such as Donnie Yen's scene with Wu Jing in SPL, we haven't really seen much recently. I mean Tony Jaa's films are going in a somewhat newer direction, for the most part, today's crews are really lackluster.

butcher wing

these will be good for my collection, I have an alright version of the flying guillotine but the others will be nice. Does anyone know if there is a time set for 8 diagram pole fighter and challenge of the masters ?

butcher wing

my bad I didn't read it close enough, flying guillotine that on should be interesting to watch. I like the original.

wuxiawuxia

Of the three, I am most interested to see how Derek Yee (who was the star himself in the original Death Duel) would revolutionize the same film using today's standard.

One Armed Boxer
What ever happened to these movies?

`Secret Service of the Imperial Court` came out as the Donnie Yen movie `14 Blades`....I`m not sure what the deal is with the `Flying Guillotine` and `Death Duel` movies though.

`Secret Service of the Imperial Court` came out as the Donnie Yen movie `14 Blades`....I`m not sure what the deal is with the `Flying Guillotine` and `Death Duel` movies though.

A quick Google search doesn't turn up anything on the Guillotine remake since May 2009.

Must've never gotten off the ground. Maybe too bloody for the mainland Chinese censors?

Archived