Guest monk sante

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kermit
can we have much review on this fortune star dvd

tut tut tut

How could you make such a mistake?

I'm sure Chen Lung will correct it for you.

Guest tigerstyles

just got it the deleted scene is actualy in the Aus DVD and so makes this version trimmed then.. great print proper ratio and i think the original traile ris different from the Aus DVD tooo.

sound is downmix not original mono..

Guest Chinatown Kid

Just got the Joy Sales DVD yesterday and definately have to say it's worth upgrading to. It's got the original aspect ratio plus the pic quality is excellent and alot better than the Aussie DVD's pic quality.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yeah it is cut, they have 2 deleted scenes in the extra features.....

Still can't beat the Aussie DVD for extra features, glad I own both! ;)

Guest tigerstyles

i own both too i also have a spare Aus DVD ( not the US ripoff version) i totally love this movie.. various differences in the HK edit too. anyone care to list them?

Guest Chinatown Kid

I'm not really that big a fan of Wuxia/Swordplay films so this film is one of my favorite's of Wang Yu. I thought the basher style fights were pretty good and brutal, especially the scene where Jimmy takes on the dojo full of Karate students. It's cool to see the Australian sights in it, Sammo makes a cameo, and I always thought the theme song used in the film(Sky High sung by Jigsaw) was quite catchy. :D

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

I actually liked it. Not "it made me feel funny in my tummy"-type liked it, of course. It was just nice to see a HK movie star making out with a girl with real passion. Not the kind of robotic, asexual face-mashing Bruce Lee got up to.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yeah you have a point there Von, Wang Yu was portrayed as a hip and sexually suave man of the world in that film unlike most Chinese stars of that time. The filmmakers seemed to want to portray him as an Asian James Bond type character that the ladies(including non-Asian) were quite attracted too which was something new.

Guest Markgway

Wang Yu's modern attitude to sex was one of the better aspects. How often do you seen a Chinese hero cavorting with a topless white woman? Usually they're asexual like Eunuchs or act gay like they'd rather feel the Abbot's balls that touch a fresh tit. If I were co-starring with Lily Li or Ching Li et al I'd make sure I got a juicy love scene that's for damn sure. ;)

Guest chen lung
Usually they're asexual like Eunuchs or act gay like they'd rather feel the Abbot's balls that touch a fresh tit.

:rollin You and your "willy" ways Mark.

Archived