Man from Hong Kong (english language!)

Guest monk sante

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

I have the Screensound DVD from Australia and the quality is great, anyone know if the Joysales version is worth upgrading to or is the Aussie DVD still the best around?

Guest chen lung

It has nice extras and the international version for sure (we don't know what JS will offer, even if it does say 'English').

Guest Chinatown Kid

Thanks chen lung, I guess I'd better wait and hear some opinions on this Joysales version before upgrading because the Aussie DVD may still be the best....

Guest dager in the cotton

stick with oz print it's a great disc, loved tha footage of jimmy arriving at the airport in his MFHK suit, talk about bring your own wardrobe productions

Guest Shaolin Patriot

However, missing from the list of extras is the director's commentary, which I understand is available. Perhaps it is an Australian rights issue to include it on discs other than region 4 (Australia).

Guest Chinatown Kid

Well if the JS version has the original 2.35 aspect ratio I will consider upgrading, I doubt it could beat the extra's on Screensound Australia's version though!

Guest Chinatown Kid

Please let us know Tommy, I saw on Yesasia that the aspect ratio is 2.35:1 w/s so if that's true I'll be upgrading. ;)

Guest Markgway

Menucaps confirm that it will be the English language version.

There's not even a Chinese language option on the disc.

Brigadier Chow

I think this must be an error on the part of DDD.House. All other Fortune Star releases have been in Cantonese/Mandarin w/ eng sub option. Unless this film was originally filmed in english, which I doubt.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think this film was originally filmed in English being a Australian/Hong Kong(Golden Harvest) co-production. The director, Brian Trenchard Smith, was Australian. I believe they dubbed it in Chinese for the HK release. Tai Seng was selling the chinese dubbed version on vhs before it became available on DVD by Screensound Australia.

it was originally English. But I'm shocked it doesn't at least have a Cantonese or Mandarin soundtrack.

Guest killer meteor

Game Of Death and Game Of Death II didn't have Chinese tracks because FS used the English versions.

Guest chen lung

Spannick said the Mandarin version on VHS was shorter than the international English version, so that's probably why. Look at 'Game of Death', that didn't have Cantonese/Mandarin because they were differently edited.

Guest Tommy September

Hello,

Just got MFHK joy sales DVD!

its Eng dubbed, no chinese language availabled.

( of course, Chinese sub is are include )

nice W/S transfer, and lovely remastered as well.

But not much extra include though :(

Anyway, worth to buy this classic gems.

Archived