Are there any R1 Shaws that aren't labeled?

littlefuzzy

littlefuzzy

In DVDAF, I know that the Dragon Dynasty titles aren't listed as Shaw films, although I may correct that myself later on.

Then, we have the R1 Image titles - "Shaw Brothers Collection" or "Shaw Brothers Kung Fu Collection"

Tokyo Shock - "Shaw Brothers Kung Fu Collection"

BCI - Shaw Brothers Gold Collection

Well Go - The box says "Shaw Brothers Collection" although the individual titles just show "Sword Masters" The DVDs say "The Shaw Brothers" so I may add that to the individual titles.

Are there any other R1 releases of SB films that are worth getting? Correct aspect ratio, original language/subs, and so on?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlefuzzy

Well, that one still has Shaw Brothers in the title... I'm talking stuff like Dirty Ho (from Ground Zero,) and so on. I don't really know any others, although clicking on Ground Zero, I found stuff like Brave Archer, Flag of Iron, 2 Champions of Deaths (sic).

Miramax released Mighty Peking Man under Tarantino's Rolling Thunder Label. It's English dub only but is widescreen, can't remember if it's 16x9 or not.

Well, that one still has Shaw Brothers in the title... I'm talking stuff like Dirty Ho (from Ground Zero,) and so on. I don't really know any others, although clicking on Ground Zero, I found stuff like Brave Archer, Flag of Iron, 2 Champions of Deaths (sic).

Ground zero are almost always bad VHS transfers, I believe they are unoffical releases (aka bootlegs)

Miramax released Mighty Peking Man under Tarantino's Rolling Thunder Label. It's English dub only but is widescreen, can't remember if it's 16x9 or not.

It is anamorphic (DVD review).

I'd like to see a comparison between it and IVL. Miramax will probably look better levels-wise, but IVL will be damage-free.

Killer Meteor
It is anamorphic (DVD review).

I'd like to see a comparison between it and IVL. Miramax will probably look better levels-wise, but IVL will be damage-free.

Exactly lol! I actually prefer the look of the Miramax even with the grain and debris, cause it looks more like actual film. Shame there's no Mandarin track

Archived