Shaw citizen documentary

FrankBolte

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! Does anyone have this? If so it would be cool to do some fan subs in English.

I've been looking for this for some time. The only place I've seen it for sale is in that French boxset:

36EME CHAMBRE DE SHAOLIN, LA - TRILOGIE

http://www.mediadis.com/video/detail.asp?id=128816

I almost ordered it from Amazon.fr a while back just to get this doc but I'm glad someone posted it on YT. (Thanks for that link, Frank!). I work with a guy from Algeria who speaks French. I'm half tempted to ask him to watch and translate.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Thanks! Does anyone have this? If so it would be cool to do some fan subs in English.

Hey MantisFIST, were you offering to fan sub it? Or did you just mean it would be cool if someone did it?

kungfusamurai

It's a nice doc. Too bad they dubbed in the translation into french instead of using subs whenever the people spoke English, like Sir Run Run did. I think they also show clips of the making of Proud Youth in the doc, if that's the movie with the water wheel fight scene.

One thing I thought was interesting was the footage they were making the sound effects (foley) for Two Champions in Part 6. The film print was really bad with lots of vertical lines. Obviously they didn't use that as the source print to make the copies to be sent out to theatres. So where was the sound being recorded? Was there an audio master tape, like used in music studios, where they added the audio and it was synced up later to a clean print? If that was the process, then did they use multi track audio tapes to record film audio, putting sound effects on one track, spoken languages on another, music on another, and then mixed them down into mono to be added to the film print? If that's the case, then did they archive those original multi track audios, or did they just record over them once the film had been released?

KFS

Holy smokes. Tong Gaai choreographing Wong Yu and Chen Kuan Tai in Rendezvous With Death in part 3!!!!! To live to see this day of some bloody Shaw bts stuff like this!!! And Sun Chung on the set baby.

Great to see so many behind the scenes shooting of our beloved classics. A must have.....with English subs please.

mantis FIST
Hey MantisFIST, were you offering to fan sub it? Or did you just mean it would be cool if someone did it?

Would be cool if someone did. I do not speak French.

Blutsbruder

Thank you so much for this link!!

It's not necessary to speak or understand frensh. It talks for it self !! The Shaw-Brothers-Biografie I once wrote affirmed this clip at it's best.

You made my day, FrankyLau ;)

TibetanWhiteCrane

The best part was Chen Kuan Tai having lunch! And Run Run's crib... nice!

Oh for the ability to time travel...

thanks Franky!

Can people put names to faces and movies thoughout? I'd love to know exactly what scenes we're seeing footage of.

I believe Part 3 0:52 is Tanny Tien Ni in Hex.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
i speak french if somebody give me i can do it :)

Hey Hanak- I sent you a PM. :D

TibetanWhiteCrane

Well, the Chor Yuen movie was of course Rendevouz With Death! That was Wang Yu and CKT fighting in the rain. Then there was the Return To The 36th Chamber segment. I think that guy doing the monkey form was Yueh Hua, but im not sure! I actually caught surprisingly little of who was who, and how, where and why.... might have to see it again. English subs would be sweet. Those darn french....!

Er, Rendezvous With Death was Sun Chung's picture. He was there along the wall in sunglasses as Tong Gaai was choreographing CKT and WY. There was no fight in the rain.

Chor Yuen was directing another picture.

ok i contacted kung fu bob, and he will send me the docu.

I will make eng subs for it.

Dont need speciall something in return.

Just i'v seen once Mr kowloon had rare bruce lee stuff on dvd.

And if somebody could give me those it would be wellcome!

Or tell me how to get them.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
ok i contacted kung fu bob, and he will send me the docu.

I will make eng subs for it.

Dont need speciall something in return.

Just i'v seen once Mr kowloon had rare bruce lee stuff on dvd.

And if somebody could give me those it would be wellcome!

Or tell me how to get them.

Sent another PM. :D

Archived