question about BUllet in the Head....

lillippa328

lillippa328

I just watched this FANTASTIC action movie and it was great!!!!!!!!!!!

But i read there are 2 different endings....the one i saw was ***SPOILERS***

Ben and Paul end up in a car chase scene which is reminscent of their child hood days and theyre in a fight to the death....

whats the otehr one? (if any)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I Like Elaine

The Joy Sales edition has both endings via seamless branching. Though do note that the footage is in pretty rough shape.

i love Bullet In The Head!!

fantastic piece of film making, with excellent performances from the four main stars (especially Jackie Cheung), whose friendship is stretched passed breaking point by greed & power (something Waise Lee also obtained in another John Woo classic; A Better Tomorrow), witnessed by the always brilliant Simon Yam.

i have the 2 disc region 2 DVD, released by Hong Kong Legends.

movie (disc 1) soundtracks: english dub, cantonese + english subs or an ever informative Bey Logan commentary.

ending: i believe it's the car bashing one in the dock yard (been a while since i watched).

disc 2 extras: interviews/features with/on Jackie Cheung, John Woo, David Wu, Simon Yam, Waise Lee, Patrick Leung, Lau Chi-ho, retrospective with Bey Logan, cast biogs & the alternate ending.

Hong Kong Legends released it as both a single disc edition & the double disc (if you love the movie, go for the 2 disc edition!!)

just checked on play.com & they actually have them both at the moment!!!

2 disc edition

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/163430/Bullet-In-The-Head-Platinum-Edition/Product.html

1 disc edition

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1098987/Bullet-In-The-Head/Product.html

Guest Markgway

I love the operatic car chase ending.

After I saw the shorter boardroom ending I was like "is that it?"

Guest Markgway

Darker as in more depressing? lol

Probably the car chase ending. The boardroom finish is over more quickly (very to the point). With the car chase/crash and subsequent shooting of the skull you have more time to be emotionally drained.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Which one is darker?

The car chase takes place at night at the docks, so it's much darker than the brightly lit board room ending. XD

Seriously, I like the car one much, much better. It's certainly darker in tone, with these two former friends revisiting their racing bikes as kids moments -as they youthfully expressed "life"- through their violent race to kill one another. This ending is leaps and bounds better than the other one.

lillippa328

yea i liked the ending i have better....but maaaan this movie was very emotional for me....just seeing the acting and these kids grow up and money corrupt one, and one of the good honest ones being put in such a terrible state....

fuckn great movie, this is how all action movies should be !

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

You're not alone on that opinion. Once I finally bought this on DVD I had all my friends over to watch it. The "audience", who were used to me showing them light on plot kung fu films, were floored!

I love this film too, one of my favourites from my fave director. The death of Jacky Cheung's character always brings a tear to my eye. I did prefer the car shootout ending, although Waise Lee's over the top acting style right at the end pissed me off. Another issue is the terrible music, so bubblegum cheesy! Apart from the use of the Monkees I'm a Believer in that brilliant Simon Yam assassination scene. In terms of film making, plot, action and acting its up there with the greats. The opening half hour or so is so evocative. Love the bit where Jacky Cheung downs a whole bottle of whiskey before the sweet shootout. As if!

Archived