Once Upon a time in China Storyline?

GoldenFist

GoldenFist

I Loved Once Upon a Time in China 1 & 2, though I haven't seen three I heard it's good. My friend, is sending me 4,5, and 6 ( Once Upon a time in China & America ) and I was doing some research, and the story is kinda confusing to me. For Example, what happended to Yuen Biao in the series? If anyone can break it down and tell me who went away or new charcters joined, I'd be thankful.

- Goldenfist

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Omni Dragon
I Loved Once Upon a Time in China 1 & 2, though I haven't seen three I heard it's good. My friend, is sending me 4,5, and 6 ( Once Upon a time in China & America ) and I was doing some research, and the story is kinda confusing to me. For Example, what happended to Yuen Biao in the series? If anyone can break it down and tell me who went away or new charcters joined, I'd be thankful.

- Goldenfist

Bey Logan said in the time in China commentaries that Yuen Biao was told he was getting the lead roles but he didn't so Biao went & leading roles in other films.

lillippa328

yea he played the famous Foon...the characters kept the whole way threw tho

Omni Dragon
yea he played the famous Foon...the characters kept the whole way threw tho

yeah well foon was the leading role in the black & white films in fact most of the black & white's foon mess up something & wong fei hung would save the day

daisho2004

I like Vincent Zhao as Wong Fei Hung, he made a lot more movies then Jet Li did but they were never subtitled which really sucked for me I really enjoyed this series!

I like Vincent Zhao as Wong Fei Hung, he made a lot more movies then Jet Li did but they were never subtitled which really sucked for me I really enjoyed this series!

To the best of my knowledge, Zhao was in just two OUATIC movies, 4 & 5. Maybe your thinking of the TV series?

daisho2004

Well in Chinatown there on VCD's and look like full length movies either way I wish they were subtitled!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Well in Chinatown there on VCD's and look like full length movies either way I wish they were subtitled!

Daisho2004- He's right, Zhao was in movies 4 and 5 and starred in the TV series -which is what you saw on VCD. The TV series had some really decent action, but I do, also wish... that it had English subtitles. Sigh....

DarkWarrior

There are subtitled versions of 4-6

4-Wong vs The Red flower Cult & a Group of nasty fighters with a creative Lion battle.One had guns inside & swords with other hidden weapons which is the main part of the film.Forigen countries used the lion dance to show had powerful there are.

5-Wong Vs Pirates during a time when even the local police was courrupt & poor because of greed

6-With Jet Li (They say this is the film that Brett Rattner stole the ideal for Shanghai Noon)Wong loses his memory & becomes part of a indian tribe then fights chinese & U.S, villians even a gunfighter helps Wong.

Sammo Hung directed 6.

DarkWarrior

There are subtitled versions of 4-6

4-Wong vs The Red flower Cult & a Group of nasty fighters with a creative Lion battle.One had guns inside & swords with other hidden weapons which is the main part of the film.Forigen countries used the lion dance to show had powerful there are.

5-Wong Vs Pirates during a time when even the local police was courrupt & poor because of greed

6-With Jet Li (They say this is the film that Brett Rattner stole the ideal for Shanghai Noon)Wong loses his memory & becomes part of a indian tribe then fights chinese & U.S, villians even a gunfighter helps Wong.

Sorry for the Extra Post can someone please deleate it.

Yuen Biao starred in a spinoff of the Once Upon A Time In China called Kickboxer aka Once Upon a Chinese Hero. Its a pretty good movie and it has a great fight with Yuen Wah at the end. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107056/

Yes, I totally forgot about this. It is a good movie, and I too wish the TV series starring the underused Vincent Zhao english subbed. Surprised a fansub group has never attempted it. Also, anyone a fan of OUATIC would do well to check out the SAM trilogy: White Lotus Cult, Sam The Iron Bridge & One Armed Hero. I enjoyed these movies at the time and some of the choreography is fantastic.

daisho2004

I have all the OUATC #1-6, I just wanted to have the TV series, but only wish it was subtitled as I said before.

Archived