Roc Tien

Guest daTOAD

On 10/3/2013 at 9:24 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Someone on Vimeo created a really random set of clips from a terrible dubbed version. Kind of funny-

http://vimeo.com/album/1569942

He is referred to as the "late Roc Tien", but I think this is an attempt at satirizing Game of Death, not that it needed any help.

Lo Meng kissing dudes? Wang Yue broke? Wang Yu can't sell his house? Wow.

I'm a little bit late...but I don't think that vimeo talks about " our " Tien Peng ! They mention 456 movies !! From what is mentioned on hkmdb, he only played in 63 movies and directed 8 movies, so, there must be a confusion somewhere...:bs_smile:

• Like 3

On 10/3/2013 at 11:33 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I some times wonder if some of these old kung fu stars such as Tien Peng, or Wang Lung Wei, simply had too many injuries, and just quit. Anyway, no one seems to know if Peng went on to TVB, eh?

I don't know if he went to TVB, but I know that he played in series. I'm aware of at least two of them ; one with Pearl Chang Ling and another one in which he plays an historical character that I recently got, but I don't have the title in mind at this moment.

• Like 3

On 10/14/2013 at 11:44 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Well, I read that Tien Peng was in prison for murder, some kind of triad hit,etc. This was just a rumor, but considering some of these guys connections (Wang Yu, Lung Fei)

Lung Fei also had connections with the triads ? I wasn't aware of this...

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 10/8/2018 at 10:18 PM, DragonClaws said:

Black Eagles Blade(1981)

image-w856.jpg?1505896058

I like the look of this movie, anybody seen it? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

It's on my LOOOOONG of to watch list of movies...I know that Chi Kuan Chun plays a blind man in it, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 3

I will...As for me, I hardly recognize Tien Peng...For me, he looks more like Tien Ho than Tien Peng...

Hey,  wait a minute ! I just took a look to hkmdb and Tien Peng does'nt play in this movie, it's Tien Ho who plays in it !!

• Like 3

AlexanderFu
On 8/15/2019 at 5:36 PM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I've seen it, it has a somewhat sequel/not sequel - Blade of Doom. Also Relentless Broken Blade.

The 3 seem to go together somehow, they're a mish mash of the same characters. 2 of them have dubs, (Black Eagles Blade doe not that I know of).

I'd suggest them all.

• Like 5

I wonder whose idea it was to show Adam Cheng wearing his clothes from the TVB series The Hawk on the cover of this movie !!

• Like 3

ShaolinMapache

General discussion of Roc Tien. Can someone point me to the direction to read more about him and his life?
Does anyone have a list of widescreen or restored prints of Roc Tien films?
What are some recommendations of films staring Roc Tien?
He's a great actor and I love most of the films I've seen him in. 

ChaochowGuy+1972-9-t.jpg

• Like 4

NoKUNGFUforYU
17 hours ago, ShaolinMapache said:

Does anyone have a list of widescreen or restored prints of Roc Tien films?

Lots of his early swordplay is wide screen, the prints are decent, but not "remastered" to 1080p, with the exception of his King Hu films, which are awesome. Also some decent prints of his bashers are here and there, Chiu Chow Guy and a few others. Toby has one he is sitting on (he has a ton of stuff to do first) and there are the Shaolin movies, with many of them restored or widescreen (though re-edited, etc)

• Like 4

On 4/7/2020 at 2:34 AM, ShaolinMapache said:

He's a great actor and I love most of the films I've seen him in. 

Maybe you could list the movies you already watched in order that we avoid doubles in posting our recommendations ?

One that comes to my mind : Heroes of the late Ming Dynasty. I only found it as a bootleg years ago, so, I don't know about the quality print.

• Like 2

ShaolinMapache
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Maybe you could list the movies you already watched in order that we avoid doubles in posting our recommendations ?

One that comes to my mind : Heroes of the late Ming Dynasty. I only found it as a bootleg years ago, so, I don't know about the quality print.

The ones I've seen are 18 Bronzemen ( 1976), Brave in the Kung Fu Shadow (1977), Wanderer with Nimble Knife (1979), The Silver Spear (1979), The Jade Fox (1979), The Elimination Pursuit (1983)

• Like 3

You can watch To subdue evil (aka Duel of karate) with confidence.

The plot is excellent and the fights are good.

There are also the following movies that are very good in his filmography :

Swordsman of all sswordsmen

The bravest revenge

Melody of love, The lost romance, The windows of the mind (if you are also interested in other genre than martial arts)

Rider of revenge

Bronze head and steel arm

A girl fighter

The champion of the boxers

Chiuchow guy

The big fight

Tigers at top

Majesty cat

Assassin

Pai Yu Ching

Imperial sword

Scorching sword, fierce winds and wild fire

The lawman

• Like 3

ShaolinMapache
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Melody of love, The lost romance, The windows of the mind (if you are also interested in other genre than martial arts)

I did not know he did romance movies! Wow! Thank you for all the lovely suggestions. I can't believe I forgot he was in To Subdue the Evil. That's the poster for my icon. I loved it so much I did a review on it. https://flyingguillotinekungfu.blogspot.com/2018/07/to-subdue-evil.html  

• Like 2