Undisputed 3: Redemption (2010)

The Amazing Psycho Per

Finally got to see this last night (Netflix had it on a 30 day hold out) and really enjoyed it. Florentine definitely made up for the misstep that was NINJA. Had no idea Lateef Crowder was in it until I saw his name in the opening credits. His fight versus Adkins was the best. Also impressed with the guy from KILTRO as the lead villain.

Here is my full review if anyone wants to read it:

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2010/06/prison-prescription-undisputed-iii.html

Great site and a really fun review.

Good review! Just watched it last night and it was everything I hoped for- it's too bad that Isaac Florentine kinda flopped on Ninja because I think he has a great eye for action and this movie incorporated some dramatic elements fairly well too.

If you haven't seen any of the Zaror/Espinoza movies, go get one now. I haven't seen Mandrill yet but Mirageman is great and Kiltro is even worth looking at.

My favorite fights wound up being the ones with Lateef Crowder who is so friggin agile and powerfully fluid, I would have picked him to win (if I were a hypothetical gangster in this movie). Adkins is awesome and I really like the specter of his right knee kind of lurking around to give him some vulnerability. I think Adkins is best with his kicking; the punching can seem a little too wide at times but his kicks are powerful and the grappling looks like his real forte (but who would watch that in a movie? not even most MMA aficionados). Scott looks crazy beefed up again, perhaps a tad under what he looked in UD2 but quite a tank.

Zaror was great, super fast and loose and having fun with the role. Everyone in this film has a lot of potential to be a star (Adkins especially) but Zaror may be the most naturally charismatic screen fighter I've seen in a while. Plus, he's pretty bad-ass.

I think Turbo (Mykel Jenkins) was a good character for Boyka to riff of, although they did make Boyka a little too one-dimensionally stoic (still much better than UD2). He may not be as good as Micheal Jai White in the screen fighting department but he has the ability to be an action star if he keeps it up.

My only concern is that the quality will flag if they keep going with this series; I'd like to Adkins move on to bigger and better stuff (although this is nothing to sneeze at).

TheFlyingPanda

Just watched Undisputed III and I gotta say... I loved it! This movie was pure Martial Arts entertainment like the good ol' days of Martial arts 80's flicks. It had 100 kicks, bad guys who like to just be bad, a training montage and a twist at the end. Scott is in ! serious ! shape and an impressive Martial artist, who deserves some roles in bigger films. He inspired me to hit the gym this week and dust off the rust from my legs for some bag kicking! The sad thing is, this direct to DVD film has better MA choreography then most Hollywood big budget films. Maybe it's time to give directors like Issac Florentine a shot at a major film? Let me get back to my training in becoming "The World's Most Complete Fighter"

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, dude. If you're just discovering Scott Adkins, you need to get "Undisputed 2", "Special Forces", and "Ninja". All directed by Florentine, too. They make a good pair for a MA flick.

• Like 1

DeathFuMaster

Special Forces is not that great though. Scott Adkins is a badass in it though. If he wasn't in that film that movie would suck methinks

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude
Special Forces is not that great though. Scott Adkins is a badass in it though. If he wasn't in that film that movie would suck methinks

Methinks you're right.

TheFlyingPanda

I watched Undisputed 2, got myself a copy before part 3. Loved the MA in it too! Michel J White is another underrated Martial artist, his moves are quick with style.I haven't seen the Shepard with JCVD, is it good? I'm looking forward to seeing upcoming projects By Florentine with Scott Adkins.

ShaOW!linDude
I haven't seen the Shepard with JCVD, is it good?

It's better than some of his stuff the last few years. At least I think so anyway. It's definitely worth a watch due to the fact that the end fight is between him and Adkins.