What would be your dream kung-fu movie?

CrazyFrog

5 hours ago, Phillabuster said:

Greetings everyone. I'm new to the website and I'm loving it. 

Welcome to the KFF family! Glad you enjoy it here!

5 hours ago, Phillabuster said:

This movie was inspired by the true story of the battle of Cunaxa in 401 BC. 10+ thousands of Greek mercenaries went too deep in Persian land and where basically f*cked. The only way home was to fight their way home. Against multiple clans with no mercy.

That's a cool story. To some extent, Saving General Yang did that. Centurion also did that, which was a good movie. You could make a movie set in the Tang Dynasty about Chinese mercenaries fighting in Central Asia, and then having to fight against numerous Turkish tribes as they make their way back to the Western Chinese border.

• Like 1

Jesse Smooth

My brain works a little bit different. I have several movie ideas. However, in my alternative universe, MARTIAL LAW (1991) would have starred Wesley Snipes and Jennifer Beals as the two cops.

• Like 2

Imagine if Golden Harvest got Ed Parker to do a movie because of his friendship with Bruce. Imagine “When Kenpo Strikes”. Set in Hawaii after the Pearl Harbor attacks. (In an alternate universe) Ed leads a group of Hawaiian warriors fighting Japanese. Or somehow how Ed would end up in the orient to showcase his Kenpo skills.

Edited by Jesse Smooth
  • Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Kung Fu Otters or Otters doing kung fu, either animated or Claymation. I don't like Pandas or Dogs doing kung fu, it's boring. 

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude
3 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Kung Fu Otters or Otters doing kung fu, either animated or Claymation. I don't like Pandas or Dogs doing kung fu, it's boring. 

Kung Fu Otters vs Ninja Ferrets. That's silver screen gold right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wish Scott Adkins lived during the 80's and could have starred in a Hong Kong movie at the time like In the Line of Duty or Tiger Cage or something like that.

Then my dream HK movie would be a martial arts film directed by Sammo Hung starring himself, Scott Adkins, Donnie Yen, Jackie Chan, Michelle Yeoh, Cynthia Rothrock, Yuen Biao, and more

So basically...

The Millionaires Express except more martial arts, and with Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, and Scott Adkins  :khi7h: (Also add Michelle Yeoh and Moon Lee because it's lacking some ladies!)

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 2

For me i would like to see the old style make a comeback somehow, but in a modern way. Mainly because i will watch those old movies over and over again, today there are a few movies not many that i will watch over, so there are still some here and there. I think mainly the stories need to be good and the action equally. Be neat to see some new faces that stand out and push the limits of something new and creative.  I realize budget and time are a factor, but it could still happen if the right people come along. I like the training sequences and long choreography fights. Like if i were to make one first it probably be fantasy/science fiction, so could make it interesting. Like a cross or mix of warriors of virtue and neverending story with interesting characters etc. with different and unique styles, interesting machines, weapons and lots of good choreo.

I probably would open with a training/fighting intro sequence, hasn't been done for a long time and would make it alittle more interesting then the old ones to set the tone of what you are in for. Anyway Just my 2 cents

Edited by slinky#1
  • Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
9 hours ago, Django said:

A Golden Harvest production with Hwang In-Shik in a lead role would have been great.

They should have given him The Association, instead of that Byong Yu character. Sure, he had a few moves but was pretty shit as a lead overall. And then they fob off HIS with a crappy badguy part and action credit. Make him the lead, rewrite the script, get rid of all the stupid stuff, keep the tits, inject more action, GO! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2