What are some good Jet Li "traditional" kung fu films?

TripMasterMunky

TripMasterMunky

By "traditional," I mean films that don't include DMX or high speed car chases. :P Although I did enjoy Romeo Must Die lol.

To give some examples, I really enjoyed his films like Once Upon A Time in China, Fist of Legend, Hero, and Fearless (my personal favorite.)

So what other films of his would I like that are similar or just more traditional in a sense? I enjoy films with good plots. Or maybe if there's a modern film of his that is sort of a blend of traditional/modern, you could recommend that. I think you guys get what I mean. I'm just seeing what other films I would like in Jet Li's large filmography.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thundered mantis

I think the best Jet Li films on action terms are:

Shaolin Temple III

OUATIC

OUATIC II

Fist of Legend

Dragon Fight

Hitman

Kiss of the Dragon

Forbidden Kingdom

Fearless

Hero

Danny the Dog

Guest LoBo

You would probably like these films:

Dr. Wai in 'The Scripture with No Words'

The Tai-Chi Master

Fong Sai Yuk

Fong Sai Yuk II

Born to Defend

________

BDSM JAPANESE

TripMasterMunky
Jet sucks.

... Now, not back in the day, though.

Lol, how come you say that?

I'm not the biggest Jet fan, but idk, I think I like his more modern stuff with things like Fearless and Hero.

odioustrident
do you ever have anything useful or informative to add to these forums besides your stupid constantly changing Bruce avatar.:S

haha I have to say I am loving those avatars myself; to each his own.

So nobody wants to mention Last Hero in China? There are some classic forms in there amidst all the craziness.

The Dragon
Lol, how come you say that?

I'm not the biggest Jet fan, but idk, I think I like his more modern stuff with things like Fearless and Hero.

I say that regarding his "cross-over" films. I consider films like Hero and Fearless period films, even though he absolutely never performs traditional styles/forms of the characters he's portraying, i.e. Hung Hei Kuan, Wong Fei Hung, Fok Yuen Gap, and so forth.

Even still, these are the films of his I like the most.

and, btw, what's with the Cradle To The Grave crapola? A complete waste of two excellent Martial Artists Jet/Dascascos-again!

AbeRudder

If it weren't for the Shaolin Temple movies (Shaolin Temple, Kids from Shaolin and Martial Arts of Shaolin) id consider Jet to be overrated. He gets to show what he can REALLY do in those movies.

Archived