Question on Sonny Chiba films

sonnychibaidol

sonnychibaidol

Does anyone know the Sonny Chiba movie where he literally rips out a man's liver/stomach with his bare hands in a fight?

Is it possible to get all of the Street Fighter movie series (including the ones with Sue Shiomi) in their original uncut Japanese language format with English subtitles on DVD? I am still having trouble getting all this in Australia.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Yes. Here they are...

The entire Sister Streetfighter collection:http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.539209/qx/details.htm

And the Streetfighter collection:

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.533410/qx/details.htm

They are all anamorphic widescreen, with the original Japanese soundtracks, optional English subtitles, and the uncut versions of each film.

bob.....have you every watched his aikido movie? was wondering if it was worth seeking out....wait a minute...that was dumb..of course it is...its chiba

kungpowmaster

Here's my question, and semi-rant. I have the Grindhouse double feature of The Bodyguard, and Sister Street Fighter. I have this Phillips widescreen TV, I think it's HD too. Anyway, I put The Bodyguard in last night, and the picture has all these like little lines running through it, it's hard to explain, like the picture is slighly broken up, to where the solids are like splinter fragments, it looked really bad, it was obvious right at the beginning with the words on the screen. It was really unwatchable like that. Now the menue, and other pre-movie label related stuff looked fine, and I didn't notice this when I checked Sister Street Fighter. So, I took out the disc and put it on another TV I have set up in another room, and I didn't notice any of this on that TV. So, I wondered if maybe it was my disc at first, but now it seems more like it's that TV, and that's a newer TV too. And it was like that throughout the movie, and even if I changed the picture size options. Anyone else encounter this with a newer TV? I agree DVD is an advance in technology, but I tend to pine for the olden days of the 80's, things were simpler then.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I can't stand the new tv's, plasma, hd, flat, lcd.... what the fuck ever! Call me an old coot, but I never had any problems with the old regular tv's. And NOTHING but trouble with the new ones!!!!!!

Sorry to derail.

Does anyone know the Sonny Chiba movie where he literally rips out a man's liver/stomach with his bare hands in a fight?

I believe this was the end of Street Fighter? He rips some poor sod's balls off to.

Hail Chiba!:nerd: I have Soul of Chiba to be watching in the next couple days.

Here's my question, and semi-rant. I have the Grindhouse double feature of The Bodyguard, and Sister Street Fighter. I have this Phillips widescreen TV, I think it's HD too. Anyway, I put The Bodyguard in last night, and the picture has all these like little lines running through it, it's hard to explain, like the picture is slighly broken up, to where the solids are like splinter fragments, it looked really bad, it was obvious right at the beginning with the words on the screen. It was really unwatchable like that. Now the menue, and other pre-movie label related stuff looked fine, and I didn't notice this when I checked Sister Street Fighter. So, I took out the disc and put it on another TV I have set up in another room, and I didn't notice any of this on that TV. So, I wondered if maybe it was my disc at first, but now it seems more like it's that TV, and that's a newer TV too. And it was like that throughout the movie, and even if I changed the picture size options. Anyone else encounter this with a newer TV? I agree DVD is an advance in technology, but I tend to pine for the olden days of the 80's, things were simpler then.

Do you have your DVD player connected via scart, componet or HDMI? If it's scart, then you need to find a better way to connect to your TV. I have a Phillips upscaling DVD player connected to my HDTV via HDMI and the picture quality is fantastic. If you want a cheaper solution, you could do what I do with my HTPC, that's to simply hook your PC up to your HDTV via VGA or HDMI. This gives me crystal clear picture quality plus I can play Hi-Def x264 encodes without needing a bluray player.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
bob.....have you every watched his aikido movie? was wondering if it was worth seeking out....wait a minute...that was dumb..of course it is...its chiba

Yes, THE POWER OF AIKIDO is a cool little hand-to-hand combat film. But Chiba-san only has a supporting role in it, as it was meant to be a showcase for his brother that stars in it.

Here's my question, and semi-rant. I have the Grindhouse double feature of The Bodyguard, and Sister Street Fighter. I have this Phillips widescreen TV, I think it's HD too. Anyway, I put The Bodyguard in last night, and the picture has all these like little lines running through it, it's hard to explain, like the picture is slighly broken up, to where the solids are like splinter fragments, it looked really bad, it was obvious right at the beginning with the words on the screen. It was really unwatchable like that.

This has something to do with "progressive scanning" or some other techno thing. I've had similar problems with certain movies like Dragon Dynasty's TAI CHI MASTER. Somewhere on the board there are good explanations of it. If I can find them I'll post a link here for you.

I can't stand the new tv's, plasma, hd, flat, lcd.... what the fuck ever! Call me an old coot, but I never had any problems with the old regular tv's. And NOTHING but trouble with the new ones!!!!!

You Old coot! XD I feel the same way Bro! I just want to enjoy my films. I'm starting to feel like I'm going to have to take a college course just so I can hook up my TV components! :l

I believe this was the end of Street Fighter? He rips some poor sod's balls off to.

Hail Chiba!:nerd: I have Soul of Chiba to be watching in the next couple days.

In the STREETFIGHTER he crushes a skull, tears off a rapist's balls- so he's not a "poor sod", f**k him-, and rips out a throat. I think in THE EXECUTIONER he pulls out a guy's rib? I feel like I know the scene he's talking about, but can't quite recall which film it's in.

SOUL OF CHIBA is a cheap, cheesy, exploitation flick... I loved it! XD It sucks, but in the best possible way. :D Bronson Lee teaming up with Terry Tsurugi? How can you go wrong? Plus, possessed monkey fighters!!! Yay! :nerd:

Do you have your DVD player connected via scart, componet or HDMI? If it's scart, then you need to find a better way to connect to your TV. I have a Phillips upscaling DVD player connected to my HDTV via HDMI and the picture quality is fantastic. If you want a cheaper solution, you could do what I do with my HTPC, that's to simply hook your PC up to your HDTV via VGA or HDMI. This gives me crystal clear picture quality plus I can play Hi-Def x264 encodes without needing a bluray player.

Huh? :o You're too smart for me Kaleyboy.

Soul of Chiba has one of the most unbelievably depressing soul crushing endings ever, for absolutely no reason. AND it's got Bolo too.

kungpowmaster

kaley- Thanks, I'll have to take the time to check all that out, I'm not sure how I have it connected, as it hasn't been a big big deal, as usually the discs all play fine, only a couple or so looked "off". It also has some many settings, I haven't checked it all out indepthly.

SlothStyleKungFu

Though the gore-kill was a Sonny trademark in many films, you are probably referring to my avatar, which is from Executioner 2: Karate Inferno.

Archived