WONG YUE VS. JACKIE CHAN [comedy not kung fu]

Guest daTOAD

Guest daTOAD

I know some will disagree ,but IMO no one could pull off comedy better than Wong Yue. this dude cracks me up and not in a laughing at you ,but laughing with you kind of way. dudes comedic timing is incredible. Jackie could be funny, but never[to me] in period pieces. Jackie shined in modern day settings.no Doubt these 2 ruled kung fu comedy. only Fu Sheng[who i hated in comedic roles] and Venom Kou Choi[he never looked right doing comedy-his face was too hard] came close and were still miles behind Wong and Jackie. my pick is Wong. the Liu's used him well and in my all time fave Kid From Kwantung he was brilliant.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thundered mantis

I like Jackie much more, but I guess it may be because he was my first exposure to the genre as kid: Young Master, DM, SITES

Guest killer meteor

I always found Wong Yue really irritating. Then again, Fu Sheng never really made an impact on me, nor did the likes of Meng Yuan Man and Hsiao Hou. I think Jackie and Sammo are great at comedy, because they went beyond the grinning manically and pulling tricks stage. Chiang Sheng was also very good at humour

Guest WalkOn

Wong Who? ;-) Jackie took comedy KF to the next level, not even close! I was exposed to Wong Yue first and I found him pretty good, put after my first exposure to Jackie, I was a fan since. I really didn't have any high expectations when I first went to see a JC film, I was still a Bruce FanBoy at the time and wasn't too keen on the idea of a so called "New King of Kung Fu", but I couldn't deny JC's charm ability and comedy.

Jackie all the way!

Guest daTOAD

i cant believe Wong gets no love. Dirty Ho, KFK, Young Avenger, Dirty Kung fu, Kid With the Tattoo. come on, the kid was a clever smart ass while Jackie was a ham[i love his stuff though].

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think Jackie is the more skilled performer but I like them both. Wong Yue surprised me in Kid From Kwangtung though and he looked great in his fight scenes with Wang Jang Lee, better than usual.

Guest WalkOn

I have love for Wong Yue, I do enjoy his performances, but I always felt after watching his films that I'd preferred someone else in his role.

Archived