Experiment on a sheep

falkor

I got one of my mainstream friends, whose only ever seen commercial martial arts films before, to watch a double bill:

*Ong Bak 2

followed by

*Born Invincible

The result was: no comparison; he preferred Born Invincible!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got one of my mainstream friends, whose only ever seen commercial martial arts films before, to watch a double bill:

*Ong Bak 2

followed by

*Born Invincible

Now that wouldn't happen to be YOUR favorite film, would it?

Experiment you say? Hmm... some "control group" you got there. :D

Killer Meteor

*Ong Bak 2

followed by

*Born Invincible

And what does that prove?

Shaolin_Fox

I actually tried this on a friend of mine myself. 1st we watched the movie Hero (Jet Li), afterward I showed him Challenge of Death, he preferred Challenge of Death.

And what does that prove?

The kung scientists are currently checking over the MRI data, and full publication is still pending. Initial analysis would suggest that Tony Jaa, Panna and Sahamongkolfilm Co. are well on their way to reviving the Old School genre, but haven't yet equalled the output of the Yuen Clan.

I'll have to dispute your expirement.

One thing is it depends on what movie you show first, people that don't watch KF might sit through the first movie and pay attention but by the second their mind starts to wander off.

Then take in consideration what preference your friend will develope, this stems off into many different levels - modern or oldschool - period or present day - basher or shapes, Shaw, GH, or indy, maybe Wuxia or the girls with gun movies will be his favorites.

I think more tests are required:p

Archived