What if Bruce Lee was in a western film?

GoldenFist

In AMERICA, but I mean the Wild West? Like I love movies wtih Clint Eastwood in it, and I love Bruce Lee. I wounder would of been like if Bruce Lee was a side kick like in green hornet or had a main role in a flick like that?

-Goldenfist

There was supposed to be a western written by Stirling Silliphant that was to have featured Lee called KELSY. I don't think it ever got beyond the script stage.

Or Stranger & The Gunfighter with Lo Lieh and Lee Van Cleef.

I do believe that was the original plan to have Lee and Sofia Loren play in the proposed script together, and it later became the Lee Van Clief/Lo Lieh vehicle, Blood Money.

Probably would have had more action scenes, and less of the "typical" dialogue spoken by Lo's character. Some of that still makes me cringe everytime I watch that film. Lo was nothing like his reputed Shaw characters here. Here he was a sell-out, no "tickee, no washee", guy. :l

Shaolivevil
I do believe that was the original plan to have Lee and Sofia Loren play in the proposed script together, and it later became the Lee Van Clief/Lo Lieh vehicle, Blood Money.

Probably would have had more action scenes, and less of the "typical" dialogue spoken by Lo's character. Some of that still makes me cringe everytime I watch that film. Lo was nothing like his reputed Shaw characters here. Here he was a sell-out, no "tickee, no washee", guy. :l

That would've been great to see. Bruce Lee and Sophia Loren and/or Lee Van Cleef together. I can definitely picture Bruce Lee in a Western, kicking ass. He wouldn't go for any of that stereotypical shit for his character whatsover and he damn sure wouldn't sign on it if it made him or the Chinese look bad...

On 4/26/2009 at 6:38 PM, shukocarl said:

There was supposed to be a western written by Stirling Silliphant that was to have featured Lee called KELSY. I don't think it ever got beyond the script stage.

When Bruce demanded a new script during his AWOL period of Enter the Dragon, this could have been the script that was sent by Warner Brothers.

Had Bruce been in a Western for Carlo Ponti, it could have featured George Wang since he had been a fixture of Italian films. Perhaps we could have got a Western remake of The Mechanic with Bruce as Charles Bronson's character, and George's son as Jan Michael-Vincent's character.

• Like 1