Liu Yung's The Manchu Boxer

Winfred

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this movie worth picking up on the new Joy Sales DVD?

I think this dvd doesn't have english subs.

Johnny of DDDhouse has confirmed that the new Joy Sales DVD of The Manchu Boxer does have English subs.

Guest Markgway

I saw the Korean version (dubbed in English) and didn't rate it.

Don't know if the Mandarin version is any different?

Would be interested to know.

kungfusamurai

I bought the english dubbed version a few years ago. It was called Bonecrushers. I haven't watched it all the way through. I just recall the quality being equal to that of a VHS source like the Ground Zero DVDs, and I think it was somewhat widescreen. Was that the Korean version you are referring to, Mark?

KFS

Guest Markgway
I bought the english dubbed version a few years ago. It was called Bonecrushers. I haven't watched it all the way through. I just recall the quality being equal to that of a VHS source like the Ground Zero DVDs, and I think it was somewhat widescreen. Was that the Korean version you are referring to, Mark?

KFS

Yes, that's the one. Very rare for a Korean version to become widely available in English! Sometimes versions differ so the Mandarin print might have extra or missing scenes? If anyone knows please post.

thedirtytiger

I have the Chinese version somewhere and the Bonecrushers release as well as a Greek video but I never compared versions. I might do so if I can find the time.

Guest Markgway
I have the Chinese version somewhere and the Bonecrushers release as well as a Greek video but I never compared versions. I might do so if I can find the time.

FIND TIME!!

Seriously, that would be good if you did a comp.

Hi..I have not seen Mandarin version yet, so I don't know the difference with the original but these scenes aren't in Korean version and these are in English dubbed Hong Kong version only. Are Mandarin version and English dubbed Hong Kong version same one?

pdvd000v.jpg

1. Opening Credit.

pdvd002a.jpg

2. Before scene that Samo Hun and Wilson Tong attack participation players of a martial arts tournament.

pdvd005u.jpg

3. Inserted Tony Liu-Yin's cut in the last martial arts tournament scene.

pdvd006b.jpg

pdvd007.jpg

pdvd008btu.jpg

4. Fake battle of Kim Ki-Ju and Wilson in the last martial arts tournament scene.

pdvd009fna.jpg

5. Amy Tao receives a Tony Liu's letter from a girl.

Guest Markgway

Yongpal - What do you mean by "fake battle"?

Unfortunately I don't remember the film well even though I only saw it last year.

Wilson loses to make the winner Kim Ki-Ju. Before the tournament, Wilson and Samo killed tournament participants for Kim Ki-Ju.

Archived