What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

PandaPawPaw
5 minutes ago, Agent U said:

After some hesitation, I've decided to take the plunge and try Tekken 8.

The blatant monetization rubs me the wrong way (the very first thing that popped up once I first opened the game was the in-game shop), and the game play is very different from classic Tekken, with so many one-button specials and all.

But putting those two things aside, I'm quite enjoying the game and having a lot of fun with it online. 

Unlike Dead or Alive 6, where you'd often run into the same players, in T8 there's always someone new to fight.

That butt slapping isn't real right (@0.33s)? :rofl

5 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

That butt slapping isn't real right (@0.33s)? :rofl

Not sure, don't play any of the the characters shown there and never had that done to me. Those clips before 0:50 are from Tekken 5 or 6 btw, not 8.

Dampierre had a butt slap in SoulCalibur V, and Tekken 3 featured a character with a farting attack, so it'd be nothing new really.

Spoiler

Also, can't lie some T8 characters are really asking for it 😊

20240928222046_1.jpg

20241001232820_3.jpg

20241004233901_1.jpg

• Haha 1

I started playing Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The Game a few months ago. I have the deluxe edition, which came with 1 new Klown skin and the movie characters of Mike and Debbie are playable. Awesome note: the film's stars, Grant Cramer and Suzanne Snyder voiced their characters for the game. They just added two new Klowns" the female Klowns that the Terenzi Bros. meet and for the humans, Tom Savini and Elvira.

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre game has a new side game, called Rush Week. Set in 1978, you're either Johnny (now sporting a black leather jacket with a S on the back) or the 6 sorority victims who must escape Johnny's killing spree. It's free with the game, which won Best Video Game at the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards.

I'm also back on ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) after taking a bit of a break. I hit champion level and am doing quests now and joined a new guild. I know, I'm sounding all nerdy LOL

Edited by AlbertV

@Drunken Monk Not sure if you're a VG type of guy!? Haven't really seen you active on this part of the forum...

Anyway, I started playing A Quiet Place: The Road Ahead and almost a bit to my own surprise am actually enjoying it.

There's enough story and character development to make me care for this world. Creatures and how they can detect you (by mic sound) is pretty well executed too. Haven't played 'Alien Isolation' which they basically "borrowed" this from.

Could've done with a bit more horror and violence though to be honest. Being this is Rated M for "Mature" whatever this means in this day and age.

There's some cliché stuff in here that I'm sure will rub some people the wrong way. So far I honestly couldn't care less.

Two hours in and I'm looking forward to where this journey will take me.

I completed the main story of The Simpsons Hit & Run (PS2) on Friday night, It's still one of my favourites. Since its story is set in October, it's a fitting month to play it. I'm now thinking about trying for 100% completion.

On 10/17/2024 at 4:17 PM, laagi said:

@Drunken Monk Not sure if you're a VG type of guy!? Haven't really seen you active on this part of the forum...

Sadly, I'm not a gamer. I would love to be but video games give me insane anxiety. Especially open world games. Occasionally I'll enjoy a linear, pre-determined narrative game (loved The Last of Us) but I can't handle stuff like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Elden Ring.

• Like 1