What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

On 10/9/2023 at 3:37 PM, DiP said:

I bought the PS4 port of Red Dead Redemption, two months after it's release. Before and after it came out it suffered a major backlash for not greatly improving the graphics and retaining the 30 frames gameplay.

However, it got a few patches ever since when it comes to the graphics. But just last week it got a new patch that enables the game to be played in 60 frames on PS5. I tried playing the game a bit, and watching the cutscenes. I'm so impressed! The game looks the best it has ever been. Now, if only Rockstar could enable the sequel in marvelous 60 frames (which I don't see happening anytime soon)...

Just grabbed the physical edition of RDR which is one of my all time favs! Glad it got some upgrades since it's initial release. RDR2 60 frames would be amazing!! But sadly I think I read they're done supporting it now.. 

Also, I know this game wasn't as highly received, but I'd love a GTA4 treatment of RDR on PS5 as well

• Like 1

Old skool rpg's are the best. I've tried numerous times to get past Star Ocean 3, 4 etc but just give up. I don't generally like the 3D characters. 2d sprites work grand.

Ordered both Star Ocean 2r for the switch and PS5. I wonder how the game will compare to the original PlayStation version. I did remember playing it for over 200 hrs, getting all my characters up to lv 255.

• Like 1

Any of you guys got one of those Kinhank retro console things(pro 2)if so are they any good?Thanks

DarthKato

I'm playing through Nioh 1 again. I got close to the end the first time I played, but I stopped for some reason. I'll be completing it this time. 

I'm going through the Dead or Alive fighting games.

Such an underrated series, which has always pushed the envelope in many regards.

A friend recommended me Subnautica. So far, I don't have much expectations but the premise is good. You crash and find yourself in the middle of the ocean, and have to dive to find materials for crafting, rebuilding, upgrading, and surviving in doing so.

• Like 1

Modern warefare 3 Xbox X.For me this is exactly the same as part 2 just different maps.Very disappointing and way over priced.

DarthKato

Just started on Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (PS4). I'm really enjoying it so far. It feels like Nioh mixed with a kung-fu/Wuxia movie, so I defiantly recommend it to folks on here who don't mind difficult games. Just as a warning, there is a pretty steep learning curve, but just stick to it and you will eventually get it. 

• Like 2

I'm currently into classic point-and-click adventure games on PC. I've started with replaying my absolute favorite of all time: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (in preparation for its' remastered re-release very soon).

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
On 1/12/2024 at 3:30 PM, DiP said:

A friend recommended me Subnautica. So far, I don't have much expectations but the premise is good. You crash and find yourself in the middle of the ocean, and have to dive to find materials for crafting, rebuilding, upgrading, and surviving in doing so.

Subnautica 1 and the sequel are both great games.

Are you claustrophobic in the deep sea with the unknown peering as you though the pitch darkness? Don't play at night time, 😂

• Haha 1

DarthKato

Finally beat Wo Long. It was an awesome game. Now I'm starting in Dark Devotion on Switch. It's a pretty good Roguelike, but man its tough. 

Currently playing Persona 3 Reloaded for PS5, almost at the end of the game and it's pretty good.

Also waiting for FF7 Rebirth to come out on 2/29.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 2:38 AM, SunChien said:

Currently playing Persona 3 Reloaded for PS5, almost at the end of the game and it's pretty good.

Also waiting for FF7 Rebirth to come out on 2/29.

I love Persona games. Even got P4 Arena Ultimax, but haven't played it much.

Yggdrasil

I've gone back to playing PSX games. Currently, the Japanese 2D puzzle platformer, Tombi.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

I recently got hooked on playing Idle Inventor. Simple game but I can't stop earning all that money to upgrade each factory!

Yggdrasil
On 2/26/2024 at 12:21 AM, Yggdrasil said:

I've gone back to playing PSX games. Currently, the Japanese 2D puzzle platformer, Tombi.

Well finished that and made the same mistake I did 20 odd years ago.

Playing Hideo Kijoma's Policenauts instead.

DarthKato

The last boss of Dark Devotion is an ass, so I put it on the back burner and started playing the Hotline Miami Collection that I got on sale on the Switch. It's really damn good so far. They're sort of like an action puzzle games. You're a paid killer who has to take out rooms of guys, but you have to do it just right or you will die fast. It's also got a cool Retro 80s look to it which only adds to my love for it. 

• Like 1

DarthKato
4 hours ago, sym8 said:

Tomb raider remastered 

Damn these controls are hard.

I've been on the fence about getting them (Never played them back in the day). Did they do a good job remastering them? 

Agent U
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, sym8 said:

Tomb raider remastered 

Damn these controls are hard.

The issue with these remasters is often how dated/difficult the controls feel now.

I had a very hard time getting accostumed to control in the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy.

Also, on RE5 you could get the classic camera in one of the DLC, and I found that virtually unplayable, though I had completed the very first game with that same camera.

Anyway, I haven't bought or played the TR remaster, but I hear there's an option for 'modern controls', which may help.

I'm also on the fence about getting it.

Would much rather a proper modern-day remake, like this fan-made demo:

Edited by Agent U
  • Like 3

Yggdrasil
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, DarthKato said:

I've been on the fence about getting them (Never played them back in the day). Did they do a good job remastering them? 

I looked at the reviews and it was marked at 7/10.

"Literally old games running under new skin and modern controls are dreadful."

If you like adventure games, you should play the Uncharted games. The early games are better than Tomb Raider in my opinion, even though TR was my first playstation game I bought and played.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1