What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

How does everyone feel about this new highly realistic FPS? 

I couldn't really believe it at first. But heck, just imagine some of your best games like this. GTA 6, Red Dead Redemption, Final Fantasy, Last of Us, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Horizon Zero Dawn.

But here's the thing, this trailer right, it almost looks like it was filmed using a camera first, on large sets, before implementing the footage into the game. How would this work with the above games? it's got to be impossible, especially with futuristic games and fantasy type games. A bit more easier with modern setting games like GTA. 

Drunken Monk
9 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

I couldn't really believe it at first. But heck, just imagine some of your best games like this. GTA 6, Red Dead Redemption, Final Fantasy, Last of Us, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Horizon Zero Dawn.

But here's the thing, this trailer right, it almost looks like it was filmed using a camera first, on large sets, before implementing the footage into the game. How would this work with the above games? it's got to be impossible, especially with futuristic games and fantasy type games. A bit more easier with modern setting games like GTA. 

Apparently, the above footage was created entirely in Unreal 5 and there was no real filming involved. We've just gotten to the point that technology can do this.

I've seen the two sides to this coin online. Some side with you and are exciting about seeing their favorite games like this in the future. But others are disappointed, saying this footage is too real (note that it's without music too). They're worried kids will get hold of this game and feel as close to actually killing someone as you can get.

1 minute ago, Drunken Monk said:

Apparently, the above footage was created entirely in Unreal 5 and there was no real filming involved. We've just gotten to the point that technology can do this.

I've seen the two sides to this coin online. Some side with you and are exciting about seeing their favorite games like this in the future. But others are disappointed, saying this footage is too real (note that it's without music too). They're worried kids will get hold of this game and feel as close to actually killing someone as you can get.

I completely agree with that. You see so many bell ends drive like they are playing a GTA game. Can you imagine this or with Oculus. You wouldn't know the real world and the fake world, especially if you're off your nut on drugs.

J.J. Hayden
3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Yes, saw this recently, very impressive, opens up a lot of possibilities, both good and bad. Hard to decide if I'm for or against it this level of realism.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 4:22 PM, Drunken Monk said:

At first, I thought that was footage.

I'm not sure I like this degree of realism tbh.

As far as influencing people's actions, sure. I remember being so much into Dark Souls at a certain point that I almost felt like starting to roll on the street 😅 But it never went beyond that for me.

Ultimately, it always depends on what kind of structure you've got. Although screen violence against enemies who look just like a real person is bound to 'normalise' real life violence even further.

On 4/21/2023 at 5:22 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Not my style. That being said, live video games aren't a new thing. The earliest game I can think of at the moment to utilize this concept is Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within, which was released in 1995.

Drunken Monk
13 hours ago, DiP said:

Not my style. That being said, live video games aren't a new thing. The earliest game I can think of at the moment to utilize this concept is Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within, which was released in 1995.

The thing is, this isn't live. It's all generated by the Unreal Engine. So while live games have been around for ages, think of the possibilities they can now do. This game looks real but they could add unreal elements: zombies, monsters etc.

For some people it opens a world of possibilities. For some, it makes things a little too real.

I bought The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (it came out last Friday) yesterday but I've decided to play the first game again, Breath of the Wild, in preparation. I'm still going through Resident Evil 4 so once I'm done with that, it's full-time Zelda mode for me.

• Like 2

BigDruDogg

Final Fantasy Pixel Collection!! I never got a chance to play all of the old classics growing up, so it's fun to give them a shot

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

As a Potter fangirl I was eagerly waiting for Hogarts Legacy which was released on PS4 only now while it's out for other platforms for some months already. Enjoying it A LOT so far.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 3:36 AM, DiP said:

I bought The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (it came out last Friday) yesterday but I've decided to play the first game again, Breath of the Wild, in preparation. I'm still going through Resident Evil 4 so once I'm done with that, it's full-time Zelda mode for me.

Dang, I didn't know it was already out. I haven't even beaten the first one yet. =/

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 8:00 PM, DiP said:

Trust me, Breath of the Wild is totally worth playing.

I have it sitting on my "To-Play" pile. It looks great, I just got to make time for it. 

• Like 1

My sentiments toward the Yakuza games resurfaced, after a few years hiatus, and I plugged in my PS4 Pro to replay Yakuza 0. I had a blast back when it came out worldwide in 2017 but I missed out on a good deal of substories, and completion point missions. So here I am reliving my fun experience from several years ago. Looking forward to own all nightclubs, beat the crap outta wandering big bullies for huge pile of money, and complete collectables once again!

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

I'm hooked lately on the new Texas Chain Saw Massacre video game. I got it last Thursday and I am completely hooked. I do quick matches...most of the time I've been Leatherface, but I've been mostly the Cook or the Hitchhiker. I still need to try out the new characters Johnny and Sissy and I've only been victim three times...killed twice, once escaped so far. Love this game!!!

Kane Hodder did the motion capture for Leatherface! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AlbertV said:

I'm hooked lately on the new Texas Chain Saw Massacre video game. I got it last Thursday and I am completely hooked. I do quick matches...most of the time I've been Leatherface, but I've been mostly the Cook or the Hitchhiker. I still need to try out the new characters Johnny and Sissy and I've only been victim three times...killed twice, once escaped so far. Love this game!!!

Kane Hodder did the motion capture for Leatherface! 

I bought the Friday the 13th game ages ago and still haven't played it. I must give it a go

I doubt TCSM is available on older consoles? I have an XBox One X.

8 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I bought the Friday the 13th game ages ago and still haven't played it. I must give it a go

I doubt TCSM is available on older consoles? I have an XBox One X.

It is available on PS5 (which I have), PC, and XBox Series and XBox One. It is also part of XBox Game Pass. The Friday the 13th game is being discontinued at the end of 2023 and Gun interactive is ending the game for good on 12/31/2024. 

FyGytmzaAAIyRVj?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

Armored Core VI is my game ATM... it's tough as hell, but has a super addictive fun quality at the same time...

when I get my Mecha fill, it's off to Starfield... I'm sure it'll take over my life when I start..so I'm nervous of that :whew

1 hour ago, Agent U said:

Asymmetrical games are popular these days.

I've tried demos / betas for Dead by Daylight and Dragon Ball Breakers, but neither got me into them.

I'm a bit curious about the upcoming 'Killer Klowns from Outer Space' game though, as that's 3v7:

https://gamerant.com/killer-clowns-from-outer-space-published-illfonic/

I'm also looking forward to Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I also have Dead by Daylight. 

14 hours ago, AlbertV said:

It is available on PS5 (which I have), PC, and XBox Series and XBox One. It is also part of XBox Game Pass. The Friday the 13th game is being discontinued at the end of 2023 and Gun interactive is ending the game for good on 12/31/2024. 

FyGytmzaAAIyRVj?format=jpg&name=900x900

Wait so after 31/12/24 the game will stop working?

16 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Yes unfortunately. 

WTF! That fucking sucks! What is the reason for that? Is the game server tied or something?

27 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

WTF! That fucking sucks! What is the reason for that? Is the game server tied or something?

They will no longer have their licensing. So as part of the deal they can have one more year as rumors are going around a new developer may be doing a F13 game

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

They will no longer have their licensing. So as part of the deal they can have one more year as rumors are going around a new developer may be doing a F13 game

Taken from Google - Gun Media has confirmed that Friday the 13th: The Game will no longer be for sale after 2023 and servers will shut down at the end of 2024.

Bollocks! I better start playing then.