What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

Really looking forward to this. I'm not a super-fan of JK Rowling's Harry Potter series but I'm certainly a fan. This looks great, it's a perfect fit for an open world game, to be honest I'm surprised they'd not done one sooner.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say I'm playing any games, but just like my blu ray purchases, I have  backlog of those as well as switch games. Bought vol 1 RPG from Kemco from Play Asia and arrived yesterday.  And my backlog sitting on my fully laden coffee table.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_dfed655c-4e76-4588-bdf5-10278e92b7b6.jpg

9d495b00-6f25-451c-8106-b5444bea1a16.jpg

• Like 2

Started playing DC Universe Online again recently. Been playing it on and off since 2011(First on PS3 and then I moved over to the PS4) and its defiantly seen a lot of improvements over the years.  I don't usually like MMOs, but this one is really good and being set in the DC universe is a plus. 

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 1/12/2023 at 5:41 PM, J.J. Hayden said:

Really looking forward to this. I

Me too! The gaming bug did not bite me for some months now but I know it's waiting for this one. 

• Like 1

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 1/20/2023 at 7:02 PM, sadisgate said:

Been replaying the Og Diablo in anticipation for Diablo 4.

I was not even aware there is a new one coming. Love to play couch coop with hubby, there should be more hack'n' slays like that. 

• Like 1

Just finished Final Fantasy II on the GBA, along with the Soul of Rebirth “expansion.” If I can get it to work, will move on to the GBA version of the original Shin Megami Tensei that has the fan-made English translation overlaid. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 12:14 PM, Yggdrasil said:

I wouldn't say I'm playing any games, but just like my blu ray purchases, I have  backlog of those as well as switch games. Bought vol 1 RPG from Kemco from Play Asia and arrived yesterday.  And my backlog sitting on my fully laden coffee table.

9d495b00-6f25-451c-8106-b5444bea1a16.jpg

This looks really cool - can you confirm the games are in English? 

I saw this one too that is supposed to have English option as well.

kemco-rpg-omnibus-multilanguage-616335.15.jpg?v=qs73oe&quality=72&width=1024&crop=309,498

1 hour ago, Gaijin84 said:

This looks really cool - can you confirm the games are in English? 

I saw this one too that is supposed to have English option as well.

kemco-rpg-omnibus-multilanguage-616335.15.jpg?v=qs73oe&quality=72&width=1024&crop=309,498

I don't have the pack as it's out of stock but according to play-asia, its in English and Japanese.

https://www.play-asia.com/kemco-rpg-omnibus-multi-language/13/70d7kf

As for Vol 1, I'm hoping it's in English as I saw it listed as such. Game is still wrapped up though.

But if you like your RPGs, you can hunt these down.

while on the subject of games, namely JRPG's, this year looks to be sweet.

Legend of Dragoon is finally making its way to Europe on the Playstation + [But I prefer physical, so hoping LRG would see sense and release it.]

Tales of Symphonia [ Never played it, but I like world maps and Vesperia was Klass.

Suikoden 1 & 2 - Epic music.  Took some time to get used to the graphics after playing FF7 in 1999.

Eiyuden Chrnicle - Preqel to Suikoden.

Atelier Ryza 3 - 'Nuff said.

Ys - The Oath in Felghana - Loved Ys Origin and Ys 8. [Never played or heard of]

Nayuta Boundless Trails - PSP port.  [never played or heard of]

And Front Mission first is getting a physical release!

Still nothing on Xenogears, even though it's its 25th anniversary and Square keeps releasing its model kits. Vol 2 kit is up for pre-order as well as Chu-Chu model with Maria with her Gear. 

16765733994974446110209191182940.jpg

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Still nothing on Xenogears, even though it's its 25th anniversary and Square keeps releasing its model kits. Vol 2 kit is up for pre-order as well as Chu-Chu model with Maria with her Gear. 

Funny, I have all three Xenosaga PS2 games in my backlog, adn I haven't even played Xenogears yet! I've gotten comfortable with the fact that I'll die before finishing all these games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaijin84 said:

Funny, I have all three Xenosaga PS2 games in my backlog, adn I haven't even played Xenogears yet! I've gotten comfortable with the fact that I'll die before finishing all these games.

I tried to get into Xenosaga but just couldn't. I didn't adapt that well with the graphics. It's really unfortunate that I never played any of the games, now that I know what Tetsuya Takahashi is capable of. 

The Xenoblade series is outstanding. 1, 2 and XCX are my favourites. Not really keen on XC3.

I suppose I've got comfortable knowing I'll die before ever having enough time to get through my backlog. If only I had a clone body up in space to continue my life. Life is too damm short.

Some other classics that need to be ported. As well as Parasite Eve. Racing Lagoon was Japanese only, very poor car handling but a racing RPG. Flash your headlights to initiate a race, win the race for parts. 

Sounded great but I was sorely annoyed at the poor handling of the cars. Never played it since.

I picked up a pirated fan translated Perfect Works of Xenogears for about £35. Then I saw how much they were actually selling it for. Glad I've got it. I just can't get enough of the game. Unfortunately the 2nd disc was cut short by the inpatient Squaresoft, so Takahashi had to make it like a visual novel. If only he had the time to expand his story. 

Still one of the greatest RPGs ever.

16765775504166982893262784797001.jpg

16765775636741978764839086635878.jpg

16765775744478574379276422887754.jpg

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 2

It's a bit of an old game, but I've been playing Tekken 6 with my brother,

Quite like the beat'em-up mode, named Scenario Campaign.

• Like 1

Chu Liu Hsiang

VICTOR VRAN couch coop lots of fun killing lots of pixels with your guitar while listening to Motörhead songs.

I finally completed the original Resident Evil 4 earlier today. Despite being almost 20 years old and more action than horror-oriented, it's still holds up to this day and is very entertaining from start to finish. Good selection of weapons, good use of items for upgrades and strategics, a good variety of enemies and bosses.

I can see why subsequent games (until Resident Evil 7 came out) in the franchise tried taking the level further up, which led to the franchise being ruined by more action-orientation over the survival horror. But for what it accomplished when it was released, the game holds a special place in that it mixed horror with action, and introduced whole new style of gameplay that continues to be used as an example for the whole survival horror genre. 

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

On 2/16/2023 at 7:32 AM, Gaijin84 said:

Just finished Final Fantasy II on the GBA, along with the Soul of Rebirth “expansion.” If I can get it to work, will move on to the GBA version of the original Shin Megami Tensei that has the fan-made English translation overlaid. 

Was able to get a ROM hack of Shin Megami Tensei GBA and installed it, playing it now on the Nintendo 3DS. 

• Like 1

I'm still hooked on DC Universe Online. I'm jumping back and forth between the PS4 and Nintendo Switch versions. 

TibetanWhiteCrane

Just DL'ed Crash Bandicoot 4 on my Switch, as it is on sale. Just played a little bit, seems fine. My main problem with the N-Sane Trilogy "remakes" was that they fucked up the jumping. Or at least changed it from how it was in the originals. Never got use to that. Doesn't seem to be the case here though. Not sure I'm a fan of that little shadow, showing your where you land. We'll see as it goes along.

8 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Just DL'ed Crash Bandicoot 4 on my Switch, as it is on sale. Just played a little bit, seems fine. My main problem with the N-Sane Trilogy "remakes" was that they fucked up the jumping. Or at least changed it from how it was in the originals. Never got use to that. Doesn't seem to be the case here though. Not sure I'm a fan of that little shadow, showing your where you land. We'll see as it goes along.

Interesting, because I tried that game and kept dying from simple jumps. I couldn't tell whether it was different, or I just had grown accostumed to the more hand-holding games of today.

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
2 hours ago, Agent U said:

Interesting, because I tried that game and kept dying from simple jumps. I couldn't tell whether it was different, or I just had grown accostumed to the more hand-holding games of today.

No, it was def tweaked in a way that players of the originals found it hard to get use to. I personally never did, cuz the muscle memory of the old games was just kicking in at all times, and it didn't match up with the new jump mechanics.