What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

J.J. Hayden
6 minutes ago, Omni Dragon said:

It's a very different game it feels like a more typical linear action game, No choose your own adventure style story and the combat system is also very different.

Hmm, it still sounds interesting, I'll have to have a look myself.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
26 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

I agree with everything you say about the N64, fortunately for me, I was a traitor and chose the Playstation :P I was very lucky as two of my mates in my street had other consoles, one had the Megadrive (with Sonic+Streets Of Rage) and the other had the PS1 when it first came out (Crash Bandicoot)....and a friend who lived nearby whose house I would stay at after school had N64 (Goldeneye). Oh, Happy Days.

Had the PS1 too, and while some games, mostly the 2D titles (original Rayman is still one of the best and most cruel platformers ever and Oddworld one of the most innovative) and some fighting and racing games, appealed to me, it was the one I collected the least for. 

• Like 2

J.J. Hayden
3 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Had the PS1 too

Spoiled little rich kid eh!? :P My friend who had the N64 had both too, it's at his house I discovered the Tekken series. It's interesting what you said about PS1 collection. I thought the PS1 was widely considered the better library, I know plenty of good PS1 games but didn't play a lot of N64 so might be a bit biased. Maybe the games suit you more. The important questions, though, is which do you prefer: Link To The Past or Ocarina Of Time? (lol)

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, J.J. Hayden said:

Spoiled little rich kid eh!? :P My friend who had the N64 had both too, it's at his house I discovered the Tekken series. It's interesting what you said about PS1 collection. I thought the PS1 was widely considered the better library, I know plenty of good PS1 games but didn't play a lot of N64 so might be a bit biased. Maybe the games suit you more. The important questions, though, is which do you prefer: Link To The Past or Ocarina Of Time? (lol)

Hardly... I was 18 when the PS1 came out and gainfully employed. Just never ask me where I got the money for PS2 and Sega Dreamcast later on :) 

I played way more PS1 games than N64 ones, but up against later consoles, it is still one of the ones I had fewer games for.

I played Link to the Past on the SNES but was never an RPG fan. Tried both Ocarina and Majora later, but it was not for me.

• Like 2

Chrono Cross Remastered for the Nintendo Switch, I like the speed up option and the button to avoid fighting monsters on the map.

• Like 1

J.J. Hayden
9 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I played way more PS1 games than N64 ones, but up against later consoles, it is still one of the ones I had fewer games for.

I see. I suppose that explains it if you weren't big on RPGs, as I reckon PS1 and PS2 were probably the most prolific for giving us RPGs.

• Like 1

J.J. Hayden
6 hours ago, SunChien said:

Chrono Cross Remastered for the Nintendo Switch, I like the speed up option and the button to avoid fighting monsters on the map.

I like that kind of feature, as long as it's optional, as a kid with time to waste grinding is not so bad, but as an adult it can be very helpful for saving precious time. How far along in it are you, I'd love to buy it, but I don't buy censored remasters, have you noticed any of this?

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 5:04 AM, J.J. Hayden said:

I like that kind of feature, as long as it's optional, as a kid with time to waste grinding is not so bad, but as an adult it can be very helpful for saving precious time. How far along in it are you, I'd love to buy it, but I don't buy censored remasters, have you noticed any of this?

It's pretty good so far, I'm up to the first fight with Lynx and General Viper.  It goes by a lot quicker with the speed up button.  I can't remember anything being censored as I haven't played the game since 2005 on PS1  but everything looks to be intact.

• Like 2

J.J. Hayden
2 hours ago, SunChien said:

It's pretty good so far, I'm up to the first fight with Lynx and General Viper.  It goes by a lot quicker with the speed up button.  I can't remember anything being censored as I haven't played the game since 2005 on PS1  but everything looks to be intact.

Cool. I've never played it myself, it's always been at the top of my list of classics I need to play. Glad you're enjoying it.

• Like 1

Finished Elden Ring for the second time. That game is a masterpiece(I see Game of the Year in its future) Now I'm going between Vampyr, Mount&Blade: Warband, and Minecraft. I might also pick up the new Ninja Turtles collection at some point. 

Modern Warefare 2-Xbox series X.The campaign is great but not a fan of the multiplayer.The maps are uninteresting with too many rooms,door and floors.Running and gunning just doesn’t work and it’s very difficult to see where you’ve been/being shot from.Back to Vanguard for me.

Anyone playing mw2? Need a partner in crime for dmz and Co op missions as getting fed up of people leaving game half way through when im playing.

Not the best player in the world but like getting missions done

Not played on my switch for a good 2 months since getting back into kung fu/Asian flicks. Saw these on Play Asia but Amazon UK had them too, not to mention next day delivery.

Couldn't wait to snap them up. 

20221124_154613.jpg

Edited by Yggdrasil

I need to show my Nintendo Switch some love, So I've been looking at games for it. I was thinking of getting River City Girls(2019). Has anyone here played it? Is it any good? 

4 hours ago, DarthKato said:

I need to show my Nintendo Switch some love, So I've been looking at games for it. I was thinking of getting River City Girls(2019). Has anyone here played it? Is it any good? 

I haven't. I prefer Jrpg's and some other Japanese type games. Mainly Bayonetta and Sakuna of rice and ruin.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 8:11 PM, DarthKato said:

I've been playing it on PS4. If you like old-school beat-'em-ups (like FINAL FIGHT, STREETS OF RAGE) then you will probably enjoy it. It has a very pronounced anime/manga aesthetic (which is cool by me). I generally like WayForward's games and this is one of their better ones.

• Like 2

Finally got into Fortnite many years later. Just needed a ftp shooter after being frustrated with Halo Infinite desync (majority of the problem may just be my connection).

Was always intimidated by 🍴 because of the building aspect of the game. Always wondered how the most childish looking game would be so versatile in a new dynamic to a shooter. Still hardly know the buttons for each build type to do anything fluently with that, but it turns out the building aspect is mostly unnecessary anyway.

edit: already deleted lol. Forgot to mention how unbalanced I was finding gun scaling. Hate the concept for a battle royale game. You could be shooting someone accurately first and longer and they kill you real quick because their gun is so much stronger, ultimately not worth the time.

Edited by Koravec

8 hours ago, Ronin said:

I've been playing it on PS4. If you like old-school beat-'em-ups (like FINAL FIGHT, STREETS OF RAGE) then you will probably enjoy it. It has a very pronounced anime/manga aesthetic (which is cool by me). I generally like WayForward's games and this is one of their better ones.

Cool, Streets of Rage was one of my favorite games back in the day. I guess I'll be getting it then. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Cool, Streets of Rage was one of my favorite games back in the day. I guess I'll be getting it then. Thanks for the info. 

No problem. Huge fan of the STREETS OF RAGE games. SOR4 is actually really good, but hard as hell.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ronin said:

No problem. Huge fan of the STREETS OF RAGE games. SOR4 is actually really good, but hard as hell.

I haven’t played the fourth game yet, but I played the first three all the time. I remember them all being pretty difficult. 

• Like 1

Went to GameStop and picked up Nioh(2017-I had it before, but I loaned it out and never got it back. lol), Yakuza 0(2015) and Lost Judgment(2021). Started playing Lost Judgment first and its pretty damn good. Combat is really fun and I'm enjoying the characters and story as well. It also has a ridiculous amount of fun minigames and classic SEGA games to mess around with.