What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

TibetanWhiteCrane

Dug out a few hack n' slashers for the PS2 as I felt nostalgic for some mindless sixth gen action. 

This one was much harder than I remembered... or maybe I just suck now. Not Ninja Gaiden hard but pretty tough, and with some control and cam issues I maybe had blocked out from memory.

2029981335_ShinobiCOVER.thumb.png.648ca772cbaea4f4a83de0a4bff5d2ed.png

Still kinda love this one, flaws and all. The level design always makes me wanna throw on some classic samurai flicks.

genjicover.thumb.png.ec2e61e146ceb5e79e6de121fc0c14a5.png

I don't really care about anything going on in this game except for the action and the art style. The playable character is a bit on the effete side and the controls and cam pissed me off after ten minutes. My rose-tinted glassed wre thoroughly slapped off my face with this one... yikes.

bujingaicover.png.08ef4d06d8c0acf45fe752f78e63fb09.png

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 4

24.5 hours in the first week (a miracle for me)

buggy + 3 crashes

$1,300,000+ gold

level 32

switched to hardest difficulty

still having a great time

Daffodil_1P_Awareness_INT_Epic_1200x1600_1200x1600-356dd4965bde4c5dbd1000f9c97ac4b4.jpeg.9fb01acda39a596407af8a98a53b8a1c.jpeg

Edited by nectarsis
  • Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
15 minutes ago, Koravec said:

Any of you guys stream on twitch? Wouldnt mind watching some gameplay for this stuff.

Not me... I'm too old for that stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Not me... I'm too old for that stuff.

lol too bad though looks like you dig into some interesting games

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, Koravec said:

lol too bad though looks like you dig into some interesting games

Well, I play a large swathe of games with six consoles currently hooked up and my Switch Lite. Though I think any footage of me gaming would just consist of a lot of cursing, me just fucking around doing side quests (I found all pigeons in GTA IV and all feathers in AC2, which really is nothing to be proud of) or me rage quitting and calling people names. I guess the closest I get is posting the odd 30 second Switch share on Facebook.

• Like 2

@TibetanWhiteCrane Oh man I feel it. When I say Ive been finding Halo multiplayer frustrating I Really mean it. Lot of cursing wanting to break my controller so badly but just not wanting to have to buy a new one just a bit more haha, glad it still works.

And 7 consoles hooked up! Thats a dream, even for a casual/non-gamer. Hopefully someday if I have more space, time, money. Wont need that many for my personal use though.  

What are the other 6?                   Not a PCer? Seems to be becoming the norm these days, kids spending a few thousand making these gaming computers or whatever, not too familiar never been interested in that.

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
5 hours ago, Koravec said:

@TibetanWhiteCrane Oh man I feel it. When I say Ive been finding Halo multiplayer frustrating I Really mean it. Lot of cursing wanting to break my controller so badly but just not wanting to have to buy a new one just a bit more haha, glad it still works.

And 7 consoles hooked up! Thats a dream, even for a casual/non-gamer. Hopefully someday if I have more space, time, money. Wont need that many for my personal use though.  

What are the other 6?                   Not a PCer? Seems to be becoming the norm these days, kids spending a few thousand making these gaming computers or whatever, not too familiar never been interested in that.

No, don't play PC. It's the SNES, PS2, PS4, Wii, Xbox and Xbox 360... both my PS1 and PS3 died on me and I stupidly sold my N64. I've stopped collecting retro gams in physical form though, the price jacking over the last decade made it financially impossible for me to keep up. But I have a good selection. And of course a slew of old school games in digital form on the Wii and Switch.

• Like 6

Chu Liu Hsiang

https://returntomonkeyisland.com/

Well of course I have not been playing it yet ... Curious to find out if I can still get into this kind of game.

Fond memory of having to change the floppy disk so I can watch the pirate spit hit the wall, and then having to change floppy disk again to continue the game (2nd part IIRC). 

• Like 3

FightingFool

Am playing Flashgal..never completed game when we took holiday at copenhagen. Mom and dad did not give me enough money...Hardly am paranoid when think looks of Flashgal was inspired by certain antihero marvel lady..

Sieppaa.PNG

Sieppaa1.PNG

Edited by FightingFool
  • Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane

Been watching some playthroughs on YT and got a hankerin' for some SNES action platformers.

This one was always a bit weird to me, but it looks fantastic and plays great. Not sure why Donald Duck's P.I. identity needed an additional ninja identity, but I ain't mad at it. It's a very fun game.

image.png.e4a19a6aa35e08f681dbb9dd28687e58.png

One of my favoriter platform shooters on the SNES, though I have never completed it. It gets insanely tough towards the end. Didn't manage it this time either, but had fun trying.

image.png.0a092c98b4d510f4f3d1069b0c99728a.png

Quite the mercurial game and an acquired taste, though I acquired it back in the 90's and still think it's a fun one to play. Another one I never finished. A bit simplistic in its art style, but it grows on you and I love the score and all the eerie sound fx. 

image.thumb.jpeg.709db762f6761ca94daca4f716211b81.jpeg

• Like 3

Sifu (PS4) - Really good game but I find it pretty hard, i've only just beat the museum boss. It is getting a little repetitive for me as i'm not much of a gamer and I have to keep replaying earlier levels so i've got enough lives left for the later ones. I find it frustrating that you lose any skills not permanently unlocked as well as any upgrades too so I keep finding myself back at square one. I'm hoping they add options to make it a little easier for casual gamers as I do enjoy it but don't have the time to master it so probably won't get to the end.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 2:53 AM, Koravec said:

Been playing loads of Halo Infinite and Halo 5. Infinite pissed me off so I had initially deleted it but just now redownloaded. Not even enough players online to support free for all games in halo 5 and thats my shit. Multiplayer is frustrating what can I say lol.

I just finished Infinite's campaign and absolutely loved it! I've been absent since Halo 2 to the franchise so not sure how this compares to the rest of it. 

Also tried my luck with Sifu but still haven't finished. It's hard but I love it! 

• Like 2

Omni Dragon

Recently I've played James Bond 007: Nightfire (probably my favourite first-person shooter as a kid) and Way of the Samurai 2 both on PS2.

On 4/1/2022 at 8:26 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

It's the SNES, PS2, PS4, Wii, Xbox and Xbox 360... both my PS1 and PS3 died on me and I stupidly sold my N64.

Do you happen to have a favourite console? Out of those or any others?

• Like 2

J.J. Hayden
5 minutes ago, Omni Dragon said:

Recently I've played James Bond 007: Nightfire (probably my favourite first-person shooter as a kid) and Way of the Samurai 2 both on PS2.

Used to play Nightfire all the time with my friends, it was our Goldeneye 2, lol. I used to drive one of the insane, because he was very good (especially with sniper rifle), but I was slightly better. He took the game very serious, but for me (like most things) I was having a laugh, I think this pissed him off more :P I could hit him on the other side of the snow map with the Golden Gun, he always went apeshit. Good time.

Way Of The Samurai 2 was great, it improved on so much from the first game, it's a great sequel. Did you play the first game?

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
14 minutes ago, Omni Dragon said:

Do you happen to have a favourite console? Out of those or any others?

It's tough. the SNES was my first console ever back in '92 so I have a special fondness for that one. I guess the original Xbox would be a close second. But I've had great gaming experiences on all the platforms I've owned over the years. Stopped after PS4 as I don't really care about modern gaming anymore.

• Like 2

J.J. Hayden
3 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

the SNES was my first console ever back in '92

Awesome console. It was my first console too, few years after you, got it for xmas, was the Donkey Kong Country pack, a masterpiece. What was your first game on SNES?

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
8 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

Awesome console. It was my first console too, few years after you, got it for xmas, was the Donkey Kong Country pack, a masterpiece. What was your first game on SNES?

I bought it from a guy in the neighbourhood so it came with a small bunch: Super Mario World, Act Raiser, Magic Sword, F-Zero and some Pinball game I forgot the title of. 

Hmmm... might have been '93 now that I think about it.

• Like 3

J.J. Hayden
3 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I bought it from a guy in the neighbourhood so it came with a small bunch: Super Mario World, Act Raiser, Magic Sword, F-Zero and some Pinball game I forgot the title of. 

Nice collection. I hadn't played any of them back in the day (I have since on emulator) with the exception of Super Mario World, which I played to death, even though it belonged to my neighbour, they also owned A Link To The Past, I was very lucky to play so many classics as a kid.

• Like 3

Omni Dragon
21 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

Way Of The Samurai 2 was great, it improved on so much from the first game, it's a great sequel. Did you play the first game?

Yes, I've played all the main Way of the Samurai games (1-4) plus the spin-off Samurai Western. The only one I haven't played is the newer spin-off Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story.

• Like 2

J.J. Hayden
4 minutes ago, Omni Dragon said:

Way of the Samurai games (1-4) plus the spin-off Samurai Western.

I haven't played 3 or 4 yet, I have them on Steam but I've not had time, I've not really played a game for a few months :( I 'm looking forward to them. I haven't heard of Samurai Western, is it good?

6 minutes ago, Omni Dragon said:

Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story

This one I have heard of and am looking forward to playing.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
8 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

Nice collection. I hadn't played any of them back in the day (I have since on emulator) with the exception of Super Mario World, which I played to death, even though it belonged to my neighbour, they also owned A Link To The Past, I was very lucky to play so many classics as a kid.

Yeah, kept collecting till the N64 came, which aside from a handful of games, was kinda of a disappointment to me. The blocky graphics and simplified animations and enviroments was in many ways a step down from the colorful sprites and detailed art styles of many SNES games. Although it was of course the jump to 3D that caused that, and to this day Super Mario 64 and Banjo & Kazooie are two of my favorite games of all time, if not my number 1 and 2. I still pull 'em about once a year and run them through despite many previous playthrough. Now on the Switch, so I just play them there.

• Like 3

J.J. Hayden
4 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

kept collecting till the N64 came

I agree with everything you say about the N64, fortunately for me, I was a traitor and chose the Playstation :P I was very lucky as two of my mates in my street had other consoles, one had the Megadrive (with Sonic+Streets Of Rage) and the other had the PS1 when it first came out (Crash Bandicoot)....and a friend who lived nearby whose house I would stay at after school had N64 (Goldeneye). Oh, Happy Days.

• Like 3

Omni Dragon
1 minute ago, J.J. Hayden said:

I haven't played 3 or 4 yet, I have them on Steam but I've not had time, I've not really played a game for a few months :( I 'm looking forward to them. I haven't heard of Samurai Western, is it good?

I'm struggling to remember what Samurai Western was like since I haven't played it in many years but still, I remember it as good fun. It's a very different game it feels like a more typical linear action game, No choose your own adventure style story and the combat system is also very different.

• Like 1