What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

Since Kazuma Kiryu's story has been concluded, I haven't cared much about the future of the Yakuza franchise. The new game doesn't look much different from previous installments thematically.

Still playing the Mafia remake (I'm on the final Sergio Morello assassination mission). As a side quest, I've decided to play the original game again back-to-back for comparisons.

• Like 2

Finished Days Gone and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla and waiting patiently for Cyberpunk 2077.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2020 at 11:42 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Is that new yakuza game any good?

I really enjoy it, but it's more turn-based than previous titles. So if you dig turn-based, a team system, and/or adding upgrades/different skill sets to your character you'd enjoy this one. It still feels like Yakuza even with the differences IMO. And that includes a drastically different protagonist.

• Like 2

Tried Division 2,  one level of World War Z, and an hour or so of Sword Art Alicization all PS4.

Recently tore thru Doom Eternal, and Trails of Cold Steel 4.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Cyberpunk, on a base used ps4 so far no hiccups or bugs. It's been solid so far.

Me too but on pc. Great game minus all the bugs and features that aren't up to same standards as Rockstar.

Edited by venom10463
  • Like 2

I decided to put aside RE3 for now and start back on "Ghost of Tsushima". Really good game so far. I actually like it far better that Sekiro, which I thought was being way too ridiculous with the difficulty. I don't mind difficult games, but damn. Also, as bland and uninteresting as Wolf is, they should have let us customize his look. Nothing was gained from making him a set character.

Oh, and speaking of Cyberpunk, I was planning on getting it, but I play on PS4 and I'd rather not play through a glitchy mess. lol

• Like 2

"Ghost of Tsushima" was getting kind of old( Its an okay game, don't get me wrong, but some things about the game was starting to rub me the wrong way), so I went today and got "Nioh 2". I enjoyed the first one, so I figured this one would be good too. Its pretty good so far. Its tough as nails, but I like that kind of stuff. I'm really happy that they actually let you make your own character this time. That was the one big complaint that I had with the first one(William wasn't quite as Soulless as Sekiro's "Wolf", but he still could have easily been a customizable character). 

• Like 2

Almost got the platinum for the Ghostbusters The Game Remastered for PS4. In general it's a decent 3rd person action shooter, but has some awkard controls and accuracy. Although it's main letdown was it's poor AI (though this was made more noticable on hard mode tbh) and despite being re-mastered it can be quite buggy. But for fans of the franchise it's everything the 2016 disaster wasn't, it's full of the same humour, characters and set pieces as the original series, and there's plenty of nostalgia, winks and nods throughout. It's been prety fun.

• Like 1

Just completed the main story of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It's in my top 5 Zelda games of all time along with A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Link's Awakening (the remake).

Moving on to Resident Evil 3 remake...

• Like 3

Finished the main campaign of Resident Evil 3 yesterday and will now replay it in harder difficulty modes to unlock trophies and challenges. Overall, I'm really impressed. It's short compared to Resident Evil 2 and the horror factor is a bit absent in favor of the action-oriented approach that the makers wanted for the game to stay true to the original. But I never played the original 1999 game so I can't say or compare anything other than the game's own merits. Most criticism are toward the length of the campaign and the game is known to have omitted some game locations as well as classic enemies from its' original source. Then again, it didn't bother me (I better play the OG games some time). As a standalone game and sequel to its' fantastic remade predecessor, it still holds its' own for what it is.

• Like 3

After buying the game (along with the two subsequent games in the series) almost two years ago and putting it on hold due to other games coming out, I only started playing Yakuza 3: Remastered today. Became an instant fan of the franchise after playing Yakuza 0 and have since been eager to play more. Never played the original PS3 port so when I read that they were porting the latter entries to PS4, I was set. So far, it's looking great (satisfyingly enhanced graphics, and in 60 frames).

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane

Aside from all the SNES and Neo Geo games available on the Switch, I've been playing a lot of Mark of the Ninja Remastered. Really fun and involving stealth platformer, and while obviously way more simplistic and cartoony, I'm getting some of the same vibe I got from the early Splinter Cell games before that series went to shit. It's not a comparison in any way, but the planning and risk evaluation you have to apply in terms of the stealth gameplay (sticking to shadows, hiding in the dark, taking out lights, distractions etc.) they do share a common spirit if you will. Anyways, enjoying it a lot.

• Like 5

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair on Switch. I wasn't the biggest fan of the first one, but this is hands down one of the best 2D platformers I've played since... well, since those were in style 25-30 years ago... and I damn near played 'em all. Challenging but super tight gameplay, varied, some puzzling and grinding but all collecting has a payoff. Some levels are tough as shit, and I may have rage quit a few times but that was because I wasn't cutting it... not the game being unfair... as the meme says, just get gud.

• Like 1

Finally beat "Ninja Gaiden: Sigma 2"! Woo-Hoo! Now I'm going to start on "Control(2019)". Well, until "Resident Evil Village" comes out in a week or so, which I will be stopping everything for. Cannot leave the Big Vampire Lady waiting. 

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane

In the early stages of Ori and th Blind Forest.... truly beautiful and touching game with a melancholic vibe and tight 2D platforming gameplay. Looking forward to playing the sequel.

And just kicked off Hong Kong Massacre..... hard as balls! You really need to stay sharp for this one.... I foresee a steep learning curve.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

In the early stages of Ori and th Blind Forest.

Yeah this game looks incredible. I've been meaning to check it out.

• Like 1