What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

On 5/1/2020 at 6:02 AM, DiP said:

Streets of Rage 4 (2020, PS4) - Enjoying the hell out of this, I just got started and am currently on Stage 2. What a great comeback for beat 'em up side-scrollers!!!

Sega is not involved with this? This is the NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN of video games! 

• Like 4

Looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima in July & also Skater XL (PS4) in the same month, not played a skating game since Tony Hawks & I've read that this one is really good.

• Like 3

Just started playing Bioshock Infinite. Picked up that, a mafia game, and a couple batman games a few months ago. Was wanting to get around to a few games that look cool to me that I never played when they were out due to not being an avid gamer. I can mess around on an open world game for ages but not one to try to play storymodes and jump on trendy games.

• Like 1

Vices of Terror

Recently finished Final Fantasy XV. A good game but it didn't feel that much of a true Final Fantasy for a lifelong fan of the series. Well, a lifelong fan of the series from IV to X. Annoying boy-band themes but still pretty good.

Started God of War after it, the PS4 one. Almost through with it and it's realy, really good but I find it very hard to find interest in gaming as the summer heat's here.

Next up the finnish game from last year, Control.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
10 minutes ago, DiP said:

The Last of Us II (2020, PS4)

I don't have a console right now and so I'm just watching a walkthrough of this game (played through the first one and loved it). I'm probably about halfway through. While I'm obviously not playing, I van't help but feel like the gameplay may get repetitive. There doesn't seem to be many big switches in gameplay style until later on (no spoilers).

• Like 1

Much of the first one was also repetitive yet it was great and damn enjoyable. But that's the least of my worries, right now I just wanna see what the big fuss is about the game "supposedly" being as bad as people out there make it out to be.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
32 minutes ago, DiP said:

Much of the first one was also repetitive yet it was great and damn enjoyable. But that's the least of my worries, right now I just wanna see what the big fuss is about the game "supposedly" being as bad as people out there make it out to be.

I've heard about the hate but I haven't read about why people hate it so much.

There's videos on youtube going into spoilery details which I'm avoiding like the plague. I'm just gonna play through the game and form my own opinion of it.

I've been in an odd gaming slumo for weeks now.   I tried the free download of the new gundam game for the PS4 for an hour about 3 weeks ago and haven't played anything until last night finally decided to try out God Eater 3 for the Switch... for about an hour.  I love my games I just have no motivation lately.

I REALLY need to get back to Trails in the Sky SC soon to.

19 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I've heard about the hate but I haven't read about why people hate it so much.

Alright so I've played through the game quite a bit now (still not halfway through) and passed two portions of the game which are arguably the reasons why people hate it so much. But I didn't think much of those except that it was shocking and unexpected. Is it really bad? So far, hell no! I'm quite enjoying the story and the gameplay actually.

Drunken Monk
32 minutes ago, DiP said:

Alright so I've played through the game quite a bit now (still not halfway through) and passed two portions of the game which are arguably the reasons why people hate it so much. But I didn't think much of those except that it was shocking and unexpected. Is it really bad? So far, hell no! I'm quite enjoying the story and the gameplay actually.

I know exactly what you mean when you talk about shock moments. The major one (basically the catalyst for the game) did irk me a little because it happened so fast. But I think the game deals with it well.
I think I'm at another bit in the walkthrough that could generate complaints of the game being too "liberal".

Finished TLOU Part 2 about a week or two ago. And I really enjoyed it! I wouldn't go as far as saying I loved it but plenty of great things. I didn't really bother with the big twist but I can understand that some may get upset over it. Although the length and effort some went to and are still going to spread their hate or love for the game is what's truly shocking me. I will say though the game just kind of lost me in the last act. Because I just didn't feel it was right for the protagonist to choose this path after all that had happened. Anyhow I couldn't give a f*** about the whole LGBTQ agenda some claim this is pushing. That's just a bunch of BS in my book! It's a great achievement and a worthy end to a great console generation. So those are my thoughts to TLOU Part 2...

Up next Ghost of Tsushima... I love it. Played about 6-7 hours now and so far it's everything I wanted a Samurai game to be. One huge downside though is the camera!? It's a shame that something as basic apparently didn't get as much attention. Especially during battles you sometimes feel the camera is allover the place. Nevertheless, I'm hooked and can't wait to dive back into it.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

Star Wars Squadrons,great campaign but only 14 missions,not much to offer on multiplayer but this may change down the line.Is it worth buying? Well I only paid £30 so yes,the campaign is great and you get a great feeling of being in the Star Wars universe it just needs a more missions and more of a multiplayer experience.Well worth the £30 but I wouldn’t be happy paying more.

• Like 2

A PS5 overheated while on display at Best Buy.

The PS5 will only be for sale online. A silly decision by Sony considering the recent Nvidia 3000 series launch disaster.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Call of duty-black opps Cold War.Havent played the campaign yet I just jumped into multiplayer.Loving it.Not spectacular but not a let down either.Had to pay almost £60 pound for the Xbox version so not happy about that though.👍👍

TibetanWhiteCrane

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince... was hankerin' for some handheld gaming so got me a Switch Lite... and we've certainly come a long way since my early 90's, green-screened Gameboy days. 

Gotta get used to the button-layout, but planning on playing pretty simple type games on it so I'm sure it will be fine.

• Like 1

Yeah I got a Switch in July and have enjoyed it a lot, I’m not the gamer I used to be. I just enjoy the Nintendo exclusive games mostly. I did recently start playing Borderlands on it though, and WOW that game is addicting!

I know I’m like a decade late on Borderlands, but it’s sweet. It’s like Diablo in FPS form in the game play.

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, plan on getting the Mario games and stuff like that, but also lesser known games particular to my interests such as 9 Monkeys of Shaolin and Hong Kong Massacre.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Yeah, plan on getting the Mario games and stuff like that, but also lesser known games particular to my interests such as 9 Monkeys of Shaolin and Hong Kong Massacre.

Those sound like something I need to look up. Thanks for the heads up man!

Edited by paimeifist
  • Like 1