What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

Omni Dragon
10 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

Do games on smartphones count ?

I don't see why not, they still constitute as video games.

9 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

I wanna play some kaiju games. Any suggestions?

You might find these links useful:

https://www.giantbomb.com/kaiju/3015-104/games/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Kaiju_video_games

I consider some of the games Giant Bomb mentions as Kaiju, though some I consider only loosely Kaiju.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 7:19 PM, Drunken Monk said:

I don't play video games but even I'm interested in this one...

It looks great visually but overall I'm not sure yet. The only reason people (myself included) even give a damn is because it's Hideo Kojima and his Metal Gear franchise. That's why I'm a bit worried. He's done other genre games but MG literally gave him the career and opportunities he's been enjoying and taking (by doing exceptional fan-service with MG sequels) for the last 20+ years and been associated with ever since. The question is: Can he deliver outside his comfort zone? 

Edited by DiP

I gave up on 1st person shooters after Modern Warfare 2 10 years ago. But this one looks like it will bring back the realism that has been missing ever since.

Edited by DiP

Hmm...

Decided that since FromSoftware's knew game "Elden Ring"(I cannot wait! The hype is real! lol)  is coming soon, that I should play through all the Soulsborne games again. So far I have beaten "Demon Souls", "Dark Souls", and I'm in the middle of playing "Dark Souls 2"(I should have it beat in a few days). I just got "Dark Souls 3", "Bloodborne", and "Sekiro"(I know its not exactly like the other Souls games, but its close enough that I count it) to go! 

Not a perfect game, does get a bit repetitive, but it's still a good game. The pro reviews for it have been mostly bad, but if you look at gamer reviews for it on youtube most people are saying it's a fun game.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 2:24 PM, DiP said:

I gave up on 1st person shooters after Modern Warfare 2 10 years ago. But this one looks like it will bring back the realism that has been missing ever since.

I still play fps games but Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was the last Call of Duty I bought. I bought it for PC, never actually got to play it, game kept crashing to desktop as soon as it started. Spent about 3 days trying to get it working, in the end gave up.

• Like 1

FYI, a public beta of Monster Hunter: Iceborne will be available to play starting tomorrow morning through Sunday night.

On 6/27/2019 at 4:25 PM, JackieChan said:

Not a perfect game, does get a bit repetitive, but it's still a good game. The pro reviews for it have been mostly bad, but if you look at gamer reviews for it on youtube most people are saying it's a fun game.

Hmm...I'll probably just wait for the price to drop  in that case. Doesn't really sound like its a full price buy.

Hmm.... 

Started playing "Paladins" (PS4- 2018) today with my niece. Its pretty good, and the best part its free and actually seems fair with its free-to-play model. I'm not usually into these kinds of games, but this one really has a charm to it. 

On 6/29/2019 at 5:25 AM, DarthKato said:

Hmm...I'll probably just wait for the price to drop  in that case. Doesn't really sound like its a full price buy.

Good idea.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 9:38 AM, Asmo said:

Ryu ga Gotoku 5: Yume ga Kanaeshi Mono (PS4 remaster)

I like the Ryu ga Gotoku series. I have 1, 2, 3, 4, 0, 6 & Dead Souls. Will probably get Ryu ga Gotoku 5 (PS4) when they put out the English edition.

Secret Executioner

@JackieChan I hope the story isn't too closely tied from one game to the next, otherwise it would be awkward to play 5 after finishing 6. I assume 0 is a prequel, so it's alright to have this one after the first few - I think other franchises like Resident Evil and maybe Silent Hill (really not sure on that one, but I'm about 90% sure there's a RE prequel/zero) have done this,

5 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

@JackieChan I hope the story isn't too closely tied from one game to the next, otherwise it would be awkward to play 5 after finishing 6. I assume 0 is a prequel, so it's alright to have this one after the first few - I think other franchises like Resident Evil and maybe Silent Hill (really not sure on that one, but I'm about 90% sure there's a RE prequel/zero) have done this,

They aren't that closely connected from what I know (haven't actually gotten around to playing 6 at all) & yes 0 is a prequel. Kind of a big series:

MAIN GAMES

Yakuza 0 to 6

Yakuza: Shin Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza 7, in development, following a new main character)

SPIN OFFS

Yakuza Kenzan & Yakuza Ishin (two games set in the Samurai era, both are unrelated plots, Ishin is 200 years after Kenzan)

Yakuza Dead Souls (a survival horror zombie game)

Yakuza Black Panther: Like a Dragon New Chapter & Yakuza Black Panther: Like a Dragon Ashura Chapter (both for Sony PSP)

Fist of The North Star Lost Paradise (made by the same production team very similar gameplay to the Yakuza games)

Yakuza Online (a free to play online ios, android & PC game) 

Judgment (a action adventure game set in the Yakuza world, using a fighting style similar to Yakuza 0)

RE-RElEASES & REMAKES

Yakuza 1& 2 HD Remaster (for PS3)

Yakuza Kiwami 1 & Yakuza Kiwam1 2 (Remakes of Yakuza 1 & 2 for PS4)

MOVIES & TV

Like a Dragon: Prologue (2006) (straight to video 40 minute movie set before the first game directed by Takeshi Miyasaka)

Like a Dragon (2007) movie directed by Takashi Miike

Yakuza Black Panther: Like a Dragon New Chapter (October 5 to December 21, 2010)  (6 part TV adaptation based on the PSP game) 

Edited by JackieChan
  • Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Sniper Elite V2 Remastered..... hard to to go back to this after 3 and 4 I feel.

Red Dead 2... not really feeling this one. No idea why as the first one is probably one of my favorite games ever. I think there's too much grinding, confusing control scheme and fuck is it taxing the shit outta my PS4. The fans kick off instantly and it sounds like a freight train, making it almost impossible to enjoy the game and I def can't play after ten at night as I have to crank up the volume so high to drown out the jet engine sounds from the console working overtime. I'm sure the nieghbours wouldn't dig that too much. I'm gonna stick with it for now, but I don't see me finishing this. I'm sur it runs fine on the Pro or the One X, but I don't rally know why they put it out for the original models when it's this hard to run.

On 6/28/2019 at 1:47 AM, JackieChan said:

I still play fps games but Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was the last Call of Duty I bought. I bought it for PC, never actually got to play it, game kept crashing to desktop as soon as it started. Spent about 3 days trying to get it working, in the end gave up.

Could probably be the rigs back then. I'm sure today's rigs will run the game just fine.

On 7/1/2019 at 7:21 AM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Red Dead 2... not really feeling this one. No idea why as the first one is probably one of my favorite games ever. I think there's too much grinding, confusing control scheme and fuck is it taxing the shit outta my PS4. The fans kick off instantly and it sounds like a freight train, making it almost impossible to enjoy the game and I def can't play after ten at night as I have to crank up the volume so high to drown out the jet engine sounds from the console working overtime. I'm sure the nieghbours wouldn't dig that too much. I'm gonna stick with it for now, but I don't see me finishing this. I'm sur it runs fine on the Pro or the One X, but I don't rally know why they put it out for the original models when it's this hard to run.

Good thing I gave away my standard PS4 to relatives and went for a Pro as I've read people having similar issues. 

I'm nearing 50% completion (currently in chapter 3) of the game and so far, I'm truly enjoying it to the fullest!

Edited by DiP

On 7/1/2019 at 4:13 AM, JackieChan said:

I like the Ryu ga Gotoku series. I have 1, 2, 3, 4, 0, 6 & Dead Souls. Will probably get Ryu ga Gotoku 5 (PS4) when they put out the English edition.

5 is a really solid entry, I'm having a lot of fun with the remaster. In regards to your other post, there was also a miniseries released online around the time of Ryu ga Gotoku 6's release. There are four episodes, but I'm not sure if it is still available to view anywhere.

Hmm...

1- I've been playing "Apex Legends"(2019, PS4) with my niece and nephew for a while now. Its awesome! 

2- "Don't Even Think"(2018, PS4) Probably the worst, most broken game I've ever had the displeasure to play. The fact that they didn't charge money for this abomination is its only redeeming aspect. 

Secret Executioner

Found a Game Boy emulator for Android, so now I can turn my phone into a Game Boy and play games like Mortal Kombat or Pokemon. Much better than playing with an emulator on a computer, the controls are more practical and it doesn't hurt the eyes as much. :hvb_so_proud:

Call of duty Modern Warfare

Havent played a Call of duty game properly since Black opps 2(still play modern warfare remastered)thought I’d give this a try because it looked like they have gone back to what was popular but not that impressed with multiplayer.There are just to many buildings and roofs to hide in.Will persevere but can see myself just giving up.