What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

Been playing blacklight retribution on the ps4 but the lag is unbearable.Can't wait until watchdogs comes out.

LemmyThePirate

Currently playing Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure, very cool. New adventure game sequel to a 90s series, it has live-action cutscenes with a hardboiled gumshoe in the year 2050. Very fun nutty stuff.

Looking forward to Watch_Dogs and Mario Kart 8 later this month.

Drunken Monk

I didn't want to make a new thread for this so I thought I'd put it in here. The trailer for the new, next gen Mortal Kombat game...

8DhubZRnWw4

While I don't know if the actual gameplay will look like this, they've given the combat a really nice combination of flow and brutality.

I didn't want to make a new thread for this so I thought I'd put it in here. The trailer for the new, next gen Mortal Kombat game...

8DhubZRnWw4

While I don't know if the actual gameplay will look like this, they've given the combat a really nice combination of flow and brutality.

FINALLY!!! The last game was dope and have been waiting for a sequel ever since.

Started playing Sleeping Dogs last week....love it!!! Great voice cast (Will Yun Lee, Kelly Hu, Terence Yin, etc.) and nice action movement :)

Starting Darksiders this week...War, the First Horseman of the Apocalypse is sent back to Earth and must stop a demon-infested Earth to balance Heaven and Hell.

Both for XBox 360

oneskyforall

Ultra Street Fighter 4 came out this morning but I haven't had a chance to update my game yet.

So.... tonight, I will be playing USF4 :)

Finished a replay of Manhunt (PS2 version via PS3) and it's still a very fun game, Creepy and atmospheric, truly unsettling at times.

Got Mortal Kombat 9 for $5 via a PSN sale. Great game! Haven't been into a MK game for a while, but this is a lot of fun. Tons of modes to go through and the game plays very nicely.

Tried a couple of free to play PS3 games. Soul Calibur: Dual Swords has a good idea, but the load times are horseshit and it's way too grindy, especially with any additional characters you use, since you start with totally gimped weapons/armor. The F2P Tekken and Dead or Alive games are much better.

Ace Combat: Infinity plays nicely, but the F2P grind is already really apparent. Unlocking anything in single player is impossible without paying and upgrading your online planes requires you go through a lot of hoops, especially since you can only really play 3-6 missions per day.

PSN has a flash sale for RPG games this week - got Dragon Age for $5, so that is probably next on the list.

Pre-ordered Far Cry 4 today to get extra missions/weapons. Loved FC3 and Blood Dragon, so I'm hyped for this.

Waiting for Wolfenstein: The New Order to arrive in the mail.

Great game! I knew I would enjoy it, but it was better than I thought it would be. Very good writing and a lot of nice little touches throughout the story.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I played THE LAST OF US, and it was incredible on every level. I had no idea a video game could be done so powerfully. Mind-blowing, exciting, terrifying, and emotional game-play. Stunning! 10 out of 10.

Now I'm playing DEAD SPACE (finishing up chapter 10 of 12). I know it came out in 2008 or something, but it's great. My awesome son bought me DEAD SPACE 1-3 as a gift. Happy Father's Day to me! :wink: It's kind of ALIEN meets John Carpenter's THE THING as imagined by HEAVY METAL magazine. Atmospheric, incredible sound design, great voice acting, creature design... Very scary! It takes me many months to play a game all the way through because I am so busy. So I only play once I'm too tired to work, late at night. Which means: not for very long. :tongue:

Ditto on Last of Us (10/10)! Ditto on Wolfenstein (8/10)!

And dude, DEAD SPACE (10/10) is awesome! Let me know what you think of it when you’re finished. That’s the only game that EVER scared the sh*t out of me! I had to turn the volume down at some points!

Dead Space 2 is cool (8/10). Dead Space 3 is alright (6-7/10 – I played with a buddy online, so maybe it would go up a bit if I played solo).

I'm about to tear intro Metroid Prime 3. Old game I know, but I recently bought a wii U and it's time to catch up! Never played Metroid Prime 2, but the original Metroid Prime (10/10) is golden!

I'm currently playing classics (NES, SNES, N64) on emulator using original controllers for each consol. Addicting, I tell you! :cool:

I'm currently playing classics (NES, SNES, N64) on emulator using original controllers for each consol. Addicting, I tell you! :cool:

Yes they are...I have the NES, Super Famicom, Genesis, and Atari 2600 emulators!!!

I'm finally playing Batman: Arkham Origins for XBox 360. It took forever to find it as I've beaten both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. It took me two days, but I finally defeated Deathstroke with some patience and timing. And like the last two, I'm definitely enjoying it :)

Noelle Shadow Kick
I'm finally playing Batman: Arkham Origins for XBox 360. It took forever to find it as I've beaten both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. It took me two days, but I finally defeated Deathstroke with some patience and timing. And like the last two, I'm definitely enjoying it :)

I love those games! Such good stuff.

I've been playing Alien: Isolation and really enjoying it. I'm normally not for stealth games, but the game is very cinematic and the atmosphere is so well done that I've been liking it. It's scared me on multiple occasions haha. Shadow of Mordor is up next, but I'm nervous about playing it way too much once I'm hooked :tongue:

Secret Executioner

Speaking of the Batman/Arkham games, isn't there also a recent DTV animated movie supposedly set in this universe ? It's called Batman: Assault On Arkham and labelled a Batman movie, but the focus is actually more on the Suicide Squad.

I've been playing Alien: Isolation and really enjoying it. I'm normally not for stealth games, but the game is very cinematic and the atmosphere is so well done that I've been liking it. It's scared me on multiple occasions haha.

After reading reviews of Aliens: Colonial Marines, I've been careful buying the hype of this game. But it looks like it's the contrary so I'm actually interested now.

Ditto on Last of Us (10/10)! Ditto on Wolfenstein (8/10)!

And dude, DEAD SPACE (10/10) is awesome! Let me know what you think of it when you’re finished. That’s the only game that EVER scared the sh*t out of me! I had to turn the volume down at some points!

Dead Space 2 is cool (8/10). Dead Space 3 is alright (6-7/10 – I played with a buddy online, so maybe it would go up a bit if I played solo).

I'm about to tear intro Metroid Prime 3. Old game I know, but I recently bought a wii U and it's time to catch up! Never played Metroid Prime 2, but the original Metroid Prime (10/10) is golden!

Dead Space 1 was very good. Although I really hated their cheap have enemies jumping from you from behind routine. I thought Dead Space 2 and 3 were good. As you said, just not as good as the 1st. Also, those strange necromorphs that peep and charge at you are brutal.

They need to stop using that self regenerating creature. That is a cop out and lazy game design.

I love those games! Such good stuff.

I've been playing Alien: Isolation and really enjoying it. I'm normally not for stealth games, but the game is very cinematic and the atmosphere is so well done that I've been liking it. It's scared me on multiple occasions haha. Shadow of Mordor is up next, but I'm nervous about playing it way too much once I'm hooked :tongue:

I recommend Dishonored. You can play either stealth or take everyone out head on. However you actions (body count) changes the out come of the ending. Eventually the power you get and the moves you can pull off makes you a formidable assassin. I was tempted but I played it stealthily and probably took twice as long as if I killed everything in sight.

You play Corto Atero. Disgraced body guard to the Queen of Dunhill (Industrial Steampunk city). You can also meet the objective for each stage/chapter in multiple ways. They way the levels are laid out, there are multiple ways to get where you want. The level design is excellent. They did something sort of similar in Wolfenstein: The New Order. Which is another game I recommend. Preferably on a PS4 or Xbox 1.

Which brings me to Shadows of Mordor. It was a good game with some interesting things going for it. It was like Assassin's Creed with the Batman Arkham series fighting mechanics. Which was a relief since I didn't like the slow combat of Assassin's Creed. The fighting and stealth mechanics are good. You can play either way but neither changes the outcome of the game. Also, the Nemesis system allows enemies to remember you. They not only remember killing you they also power up and move through the ranks of Sauron's army. You can use that to your advantage later on in the game. There is a lot of things to do but the main story mission shouldn't take too long.

Just a warning. I've read reviews where they said that the PS3/Xbox 360 port was a hack job.

Speaking of the Batman/Arkham games, isn't there also a recent DTV animated movie supposedly set in this universe ? It's called Batman: Assault On Arkham and labelled a Batman movie, but the focus is actually more on the Suicide Squad.

Batman was so very briefly featured. He shouldn't have even been on the movie cover for the amount of time he was on. It was more like the Deadshot and Harley Quinn show. It was bloody and adult. Not recommended for children. Lately, I've noticed DC directs animations getting a lot more bloody violent. I feel their quality of story and animation has been dropping. Their last good one was The Flashpoint Paradox. The recent Aquaman animated movie wasn't good.

After reading reviews of Aliens: Colonial Marines, I've been careful buying the hype of this game. But it looks like it's the contrary so I'm actually interested now.

My friend has played both. He wants his life back for playing Aliens: Colonial Marines. He liked Alien's Isolation. Wait for the reviews to hit and make your own decision. These days when they have a real stinker they won't send out review copies and reviewers adhere to a strict review embargo until all the suckers who pre-order it thinking it was going to be great get their game. Example: Assassin's Creed Unity.

Played Ducktales Remastered. Using the cane like a pogo stick was still a bit wonky like when I played it on the NES. However, they put a lot of work into it. It shows, the game looks and plays beautifully. Also, they've actually built more of a story than the original. A lot more story. My only complaint is that the there is a portion at the end of the game that is platforming. Very hard platforming even on easy. Otherwise, it was a quick fun game that made me want to go watch old Ducktales cartoons. Now if they would only remaster the old Talespin and Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers games.

Played Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero's. Beautiful game with some interesting ideas as always from Hideo Kojima. However, thankfully I only paid $10 for it. It is afterall a glorified demo posing as a full game. I also didn't like the new system of having to visually tag each opponent in order to get a sense of their movement and location.

Played Wolfenstein: The New Order. They kept some of the game mechanice/controls old school which people will find clunky. Such as having to be directly over an item and pushing a button to collect it. However, they did an outstanding job re-imaging the game and story. The PS4 version not only looked very good, it played really well. The gameplay kept the spirit of Wolfenstein all the while bringing to the modern age with several fresh coats of paint. You can either play stealthily or go in with dual gun a blazing. Every gun has a secondary mode of fire which changes the strategy in certain situations. Going in with guns blazing isn't the best idea. They can and will call reinforcements. There is no multi-player, it strictly you and the army of bad guys. There are hidden things in the game and multiple ways to approach a stage. This game is recommended.

Killzone:Shadow Fall. Played it and beat it. Pretty game but not much to write home about. A lot of the missions felt pretty standard. No weapons, hide and sneak around, accompany and protect, etc etc. The only two big things were the inclusion of remote drone to aide you and a radar you can use to locate enemies. Radar fades over time. It is more of a technical demo then something they put a ton of effort into.

Isolation is much better than Colonial Marines. Besides them being first-person games in the Alien universe, there's not much similarity. Isolation is much more of a survival horror game rather than a shooter. You have to scrap together weapons and items and you can't outwardly fight many things, especially the Alien. You die a lot but it never feels cheap. I played through it on PS3 and may get it again on PS4.

I got a PS4 for Christmas along with a few games, a subscription to PS+, and PSN gift cards, so I already have a sizeable backlog. Currently I am mostly putting time into Watch Dogs, which got shit on in reviews, but I am enjoying quite a bit. It's basically Assassin's Creed set in Chicago with hacking/tech stuff.

I beat Batman: Arkham Origins last week and last night, I beat Call of Duty: Ghosts. Video games are a de-stresser for me :)