What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

odioustrident

I thought Invincible Tiger was very well done but the difficulty ramp was too much for me. The rhythm required for dodging shifts dramatically between different enemies.

TibetanWhiteCrane

A little behind in my gaming, so I picked up Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3 and Sniper Ghost Warrior 2. So im set for a while....

TibetanWhiteCrane

Almost got that, but I have been playing so many fighting games lately that I needed a change. Also, I haven't even finished Mortal Kombat yet, and since they are related, I kinda wanna wrap that up first.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 10/10

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 9/10

Batman: Arkham City - 10/10

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 9.5/10

oneskyforall
I just got Injustice, curious to see how that goes.

I got it a few days ago because Toys R Us has it on sale for 34.99 this week.

I definitely didn't want to drop $60 on it, so I figured this way I can play it for a few weeks and if I don't like it I can probably get around $40 selling it on eBay :neutral:

It is pretty boring to me so far. The story mode is definitely cool, and the characters are all pretty fun but it feels SUPER stiff compared to most other fighting games. It seems like when you dash there is a ton of recovery before you can attack. I will dash, input a button, and nothing will come out :squigglemouth: To make things even worse it seems like every character except a couple has a pretty strong zoning game and the stiff movement makes it really hard to get in on them; especially Sinestro, Green Lantern, and Deathstroke.

Hopefully the more I get into it I will understand the mechanics better and it will become more fun. As of right now I want to run back to my Capcom fighters lol.

On another note, I picked up Virtua Fighter 5 a couple weeks back and have been loving it, it kinda sucks no one plays online anymore but the single player is still fun. I love that the characters all have a particular fighting style. And I love that all the moves I used to do as Jacky and Lau in the first Virtua Fighter on Sega 32x are still the same almost 20 years later.

oneskyforall

Well... online in Injustice is abysmal.

You can't change your region preferences it just pairs you up with whoever. Horrible idea.

After waiting 7 minutes to get into a ranked match it paired me up with someone in Japan (I am on East Coast USA) and it was a lag fest as I expected. Even if we both had amazing connections that would have been a tough match.

This game seriously needs some work.

Edit: Seriously who thought that no region preferences was a good idea?? AND it doesn't even tell you your connection when it pairs you with someone...

Neil Koch
Has anyone seen/heard of/played this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/17/far-cry-3-blood-dragons-live-action-trailer-is-as-silly-as-you-might-expect/

It came out yesterday for 360 & PS3 and it looks fantastic - and Michael Biehn is in it!

I just played through Far Cry 3 so I'm a bit burned out on FPS games for now - but FC3 is a very good game and this has been getting really good reviews, so I will probably get it at some point, probably when it goes on sale.

I've been playing Need for Speed The Run. It's not as good as the new version of Most Wanted but it's still a fun game. The on foot QTE parts are stupid though, and the load times are too long.

Also picked up Assassin's Creed Brotherood for $5 at Target but I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Skepparkrans

Since i never get bored of Roguelikes i have been playing alot of Dont Starve and Sword of The star The Pit. I have also played some Defiance and really likes it even if its far from perfect and have recieved some negative reviews.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Almost done with Tomb Raider, and wasn't that impressed to be honest. For a game called Tomb Raider, there sure aren't a lot of actual "tomb raiding" going on. More like one long protracted hollywood action scene that rarely lets up. There are big improvements over the earlier games, but it doesn't strike the same, all important, balance between action, puzzle and adventure elements. A servicable reboot, but I hope that possible future installments will focus more on actual tomb raiding and not just shooting people in the face.... I can get that from tons of other games.

HyperDrive

So I played Age of Wushu today.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19898

The graphics are pretty good. The retail only Jet Li mission is pretty quick though as you help Jet save a village while learning moves from him. The trouble began after I completed the mission though. A cutscene played and then I was left on an empty map with no way out. No idea when that will be resolved.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Sniper- Ghost Warrior 2..... how is it possible to do a sequel several years after, that looks WORSE than the original? Sure, part 1 had its problems, but it was pretty nice to look at. This one has some of the ugliest graphics i've seen in a long time. Just lazy animation and horrible textures. Also, the bullet cam feature which was pretty cool in the first one, just looks boring here, and is only used sparringly. Im not even gonna bother finishing this turd!

Far Cry 3..... well... I ask again... how is it possible for a sequel to look worse than its predecessor? Well it is, cuz FC3 does look way worse than FC2. This game just looks and feels horribly dated. fallen enemies blinking on the ground, no draw distance in the landscape, way less detail in graphics than FC2 and the great wind, fire, light and shadow effects from FC2 are also nowhere to be seen. This looks like a game from 2007 or something. There are tons of other things I could pick at here, but I can't be bothered. I can take a hit on the graphics if the gameplay is solid, but it isn't. Another piece of crap, that im not gonna play.

These were played on the 360, and I think it's safe to say that the old consoles just aren't cutting it anymore. Luckily the new ones are not too far off anymore.

Omni Dragon

Fightingfist told me about new Xbox the Xbox One

tmaH5QS2fIU

what's that microsoft your third console is going to be called one? so 3=1 wtf?

I don't get the name.

seems there is a fee for playing a used games:

qSwz9dI3oSk

which sounds pretty f***ed up to me, no matter how small it will be.

& the PS4 should be fully revealed on the 10th June

boring blurry trailer:

gdRgCQhOTco

Though the controller has already been seen:

MFj8-5VnGgc

_65990383_controllers.png

I haven't decided myself if I'm going to buy next gen I think I'll buy a second ps2 first.

Fightingfist

Exactly wt will the difference be between that and the first one it could be a little confusing, and obviously membership will stay the way it is and now they still want to charge furthermore in games etc. But the PS4 is still considerable but will be quite hefty in price when its out.

Microsoft fucked up! Im done with them. Im getting the ps4.

Yes yes yes. Infamous: Second Son, Killzone and Watch Dogs would my first PS4 games

oneskyforall

Honestly Microsoft really messed up with that conference. It feels like they are catering to the "college bro" crowd more than the "gamers".

Seriously half the conference was about the TV aspect, and then 15 minutes of boring sports game footage, then 15 minutes of COD, which will be on both consoles anyways.

The worst part for me is the one install for each disc. What if I want to go to my friend's house and play my game on his Xbox? Oh, my friend has to pay the FULL NEW PRICE of the game so he can install it to his Xbox? That is ridiculous.

Sony's PS4 conference killed Microsoft's. Hopefully when Sony reveals the console there won't be this big of a backlash.

OpiumKungFuCracker

The Last of Us is getting some insane high praise right now... I don't buy games but this might be the one to get next week.

Fightingfist

Exactly does that mean or the games won't be accessible any more???, that is absolutely ludicrous from Microsoft. Not a chance of me buying there next console! now..

I stopped playing video games 2 years ago, new games just suck in my opinion.... it's all about great cinematic graphic and zero gameplay or replay value whatso ever.

Mame is the best thing ever programmed, being able to play all the arcade games of the 80s and 90s anywhere.

Omni Dragon
I stopped playing video games 2 years ago, new games just suck in my opinion.... it's all about great cinematic graphic and zero gameplay or replay value whatso ever.

Mame is the best thing ever programmed, being able to play all the arcade games of the 80s and 90s anywhere.

So do you still play video games through Mane?

Omni Dragon

PS4 Used Game Instructional Video:

kWSIFh8ICaA