What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

TibetanWhiteCrane

While im waiting for my Hitman Absolution to arrive in the mail, im playing some Last Blade 2, and KOF '95... the haaaardest KOF ever! This is ridiculous, I had to lower it to fucking beginner level and im still getting my ass handed to me! I like a challenge but this is absurd!

I've been playing a TON of Dark Souls over the past few weeks.

I have 100 hours on my first character, almost 90 hours into my second character, and am 15 hours into a third character. This is the most fun and most addicted I've been to a game in a long time.

This game probably has the steepest learning curve of any modern era game but it is so worth it. The world is beautiful and the story is vague on the surface but when you start reading the wiki's online or reading all the item descriptions in game it gives you a ton of information into the story.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Seriously, has anyone beaten King Of Fighters '95??? Either I just lost all my fighting game skills over night, or this game is fucking insane, at least compared to other KOF entries.

odioustrident

I just recently heard the undermentioned NES title Phantom Fighter is actually based on Mr. Vampire. At one point I think your assistant is kidnapped by a ghost... which in turn leads to a boss that fights very similarly to how she did in the film. It almost seems like the game is borrowing from a few different entries in this sub-genre.

Just further proof that the kyonsi took over Japan for a period of time in the 80's / 90's! Looks like the developers (Marionette) also made an MSX game based on the movie House.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/msx/941537-mashou-no-yakata-goblin/images

They also did an NES title based on Adventures of Milo and Otis. A lot of animals are out to kill you!

Seriously, has anyone beaten King Of Fighters '95??? Either I just lost all my fighting game skills over night, or this game is fucking insane, at least compared to other KOF entries.

95 is hard but it is fun

try 96, the commands there are stiff as hell :angel:

TibetanWhiteCrane

Hitman Absolution turned out pretty great... I really enjoyed it.

Tried to finish the abysmal tragedy that is Assassin's Creed 3, but after half an hour I just couldn't stand it anymore.... Judging on the fact that every time I play this, I get frustrated, annoyed, angry and it leaves me in a bad mood, im gonna call it..... WORST GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED. how anyone could enjoy this piece of shit is beyond me.

Well PSN was nice enough to send me a $5 gift card for some reason, and it just so happens that I recieved it on the last day of the Final Fantasy anniversary sale...

So I got Final Fantasy VII for free :D

Too bad it is going to take me literally a whole day to download the 1.8gb game.

I've also been playing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 online a good bit and getting smashed 9 times out of 10.

Also I really need to get an arcade stick if I am going to get to the level I want to be at in UMvC3. Do any of you guys use an arcade stick?

oneskyforall

Well I went ahead and jumped on a good deal on eBay and this arrived two days later...

oucrr7.jpg

I have to say, this makes fighting games so much more fun. I really missed the feel of an arcade stick. It has been years since there was an arcade close to me with worthwhile games.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Sick controller, onesky.....

I've gotten use to joypads, so the stick control would take some getting use to again. Haven't used one since the early 90's.

I've always been better on console controllers (until recently?) so I might rectify that. Always wanted to get an arcade stick since I saw a Street Fighter II one for the SNES in a pawn shop as a kid.

oneskyforall

It definitely took me a couple days to get used to the button layout and using my wrist to do the motions instead of my thumb. Once I got used to it though I noticed I could pull moves off way faster then I could on a pad.

For instance, I could never do a wake up Shoruken on the pad but I get them off all the time against CPU and most of the time online. Lag spikes are absolute killlers for combos when playing online though, losing a match because your combo dropped is the worst feeling.

Anyways if you're on the fence about getting a stick then just know it will definitely take some getting used to. I won that stick for $34 plus shipping which isn't too bad considering it was $90 when it was new. Still cheaper then a second controller :P

Omni Dragon

An arcade stick does take awhile to get use to there is a learning curve, when I first used one I was worst but after awhile I was better than I ever was on a gamepad you pull off moves that are near impossible to pull off on a pad.

oneskyforall that's a Mad Catz right? That a good choice there good quality & you got a very good deal there a paid more for lower spec.

Well I went ahead and jumped on a good deal on eBay and this arrived two days later...

oucrr7.jpg

I have to say, this makes fighting games so much more fun. I really missed the feel of an arcade stick. It has been years since there was an arcade close to me with worthwhile games.

is it modded with japanese parts or is the retail version? (looks modded to me)

i cant play with a pad (unless i play MK,no stick needed there), i m too used to play with a arcade stick,cant look back :xd:

oneskyforall
is it modded with japanese parts or is the retail version? (looks modded to me)

i cant play with a pad (unless i play MK,no stick needed there), i m too used to play with a arcade stick,cant look back :xd:

I think the only mod done to it was the washer was glued down so it doesn't mess up the joysticks PCB. That was the major problem with these sticks other then the mediocre buttons. I do need to order some new buttons soon these are pretty squishy and Light Punch sticks on the way up every now and then.

I guess I should just order Sanwa buttons? I'm new to the modding thing but I'm pretty sure I read that those are a drop in replacement for these sticks.

And yeah it is the Mad Catz SE stick. I did a lot of research before deciding to go for an SE stick. It's funny I was actually bidding on a Mad Catz TE stick (the $249 ones which usually go for $90-150 on eBay) and I was the high bidder at $58 until the last 10 seconds when someone outbid me at $62. Whoever won that got a crazy deal!

I think the only mod done to it was the washer was glued down so it doesn't mess up the joysticks PCB. That was the major problem with these sticks other then the mediocre buttons. I do need to order some new buttons soon these are pretty squishy and Light Punch sticks on the way up every now and then.

I guess I should just order Sanwa buttons? I'm new to the modding thing but I'm pretty sure I read that those are a drop in replacement for these sticks.

sanwa or seimitsu...they are almost the same

Downloaded the original Fatal Fury on PSN (PS3) this afternoon and i'm really enjoying it.

I saw a side-scrolling beat em up on PSN called Revenge of the Wounded Dragons that looked like it might be fun. Has anybody on here played it and is it worth buying?

TibetanWhiteCrane

Revenge of the Wounded Dragon looks pretty fun, but I heard from several sources that the hit detection sucked.... who knows. Maybe the people saying that just sucked at the game.

Revenge of the Wounded Dragon looks pretty fun, but I heard from several sources that the hit detection sucked.... who knows. Maybe the people saying that just sucked at the game.

The trailer looks ok and I've seen a couple of reviews that say if you're a fan of the genre then it's worth getting so I think I might give it a go, hope there's nothing wrong with the hit detection though.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, I checked some youtube vids on it as well, and it looks fine. It's cheap, so you I would just go for it, if I was you.

Here's my short review:

http://hkfilm.net/vidgame/woundeddragons.htm

I thought the game was fun enough. The hit detection was fine but there aren't very many moves you can use so I wouldn't rank it as high as something like Streets of Rage 2 or Final Fight.

Rag Doll Kung Fu is okay if you're looking for a Smash Bros style brawler.

http://hkfilm.net/vidgame/ragdoll.htm

Stay away from Invincible Tiger. The 3D is dione well but the core gameplay is terrible, too repetitive and up to chance.

http://hkfilm.net/vidgame/invincibletiger.htm

I'm playing through Need For Speed: The Run. It's fun but the load times are too long. I'm more of a fan of open world racing games, like the new version of Most Wanted, which I recently played through and enjoyed.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Oh yeah, I read that review... just forgot.

Hey, Neil... when I go on your site and try to enter the reviews section on my phone, I get redirected to the google apps store, through something called adclick, and I can't get back to your site. This doesn't happen on my pc..... were you aware of this problem? Am I the only one?