What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

I finally jumped into the current generation of consoles and purchased a PS3 yesterday.

So far I picked up Mirror's Edge, because I had it on PC back when it came out 4 years ago and absolutely loved it, and the Zone of the Enders HD Collection. I remember searching for the ZotE games on every used PS2 shelf back when I was in high school and college and never finding them so I was very excited to see they were getting an HD collection!

TibetanWhiteCrane
I remember that game being garbage.

Well, you remember wrong:smile: Still playing it with my cuz, we still haven't beaten the demon.

A bit late, as the next gen consoles will probably come next year. Could have waited for the PS4:smile:

technically we're in the 8th gen(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28Eighth_generation%29) & PS3 was 7th(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28seventh_generation%29)

Well, you remember wrong:smile: Still playing it with my cuz, we still haven't beaten the demon.

I enjoyed it at the time too, probably hasn't aged well but not many games do. I remember the demon was tough but I think that's cos you can only finish him a certain way, I think you have to hit him with the nunchakus and then when he leans his head back exposing his throat you have to use the strangle move on him. Check this video from about 9:40 to see it done.

TibetanWhiteCrane
I enjoyed it at the time too, probably hasn't aged well but not many games do. I remember the demon was tough but I think that's cos you can only finish him a certain way, I think you have to hit him with the nunchakus and then when he leans his head back exposing his throat you have to use the strangle move on him. Check this video from about 9:40 to see it done.

I know what to do, but you still have to get his energy way down before you can do the kill move. Did it once back in the 90's.

Well, as a retro gamer playing "dated" games is not really an issue. Although there certainly are bad ones for sure.

odioustrident

The Master System / Game Gear version of Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story was pretty bad, but the SNES/Genesis game was great if you get the controls down. I think it might be a touch better than the GBA take on the franchise but it's a hard call.

I don't know what you mean?? Next gen just means next gen, I didn't give it a number.

next gen & 8th gen are the same thing at the moment.

The Master System / Game Gear version of Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story was pretty bad, but the SNES/Genesis game was great if you get the controls down. I think it might be a touch better than the GBA take on the franchise but it's a hard call.

It depends on if you prefer fighters or platformers. DRAGON had more to the combat where as RETURN had more to the moving around the level.

A bit late, as the next gen consoles will probably come next year. Could have waited for the PS4:smile:

Ehh I'm not worried about it, I think we probably have 2 years before the PS4 and Xbox 720 come out anyways. Regardless I would not have $600+ to afford the PS4 even if it does come out :xd:

TibetanWhiteCrane

There's conflicting speculation on the arrival of new consoles. Though I know Rockstar said that GTA 5 would be the last game they do for this gen of consoles. And the eagerly awaited game Watchdogs, which was already promo'ed this summer will, aside from pc, only be out on next gen. So I think we could be closer than we think. But that is mere conjecture of course.

mostly DAZE BEFORE CHRISTMAS(pretty good 2d platformer on MEGA DRIVE & SNES), JADE EMPIRE(XBOXreally enjoying the decision making & story the combat work well with the ability to change style in combat & good dodging but a bit button mashing & simple. I wish the combat was but still I can see this becoming one of my favourite games.action(MA) rpg) & TRAUMA CENTRE: NEW BLOOD(one of the best uses of Wii control wise. I guess it's a surgery simulator pretty interesting game.) along with some other stuff

Yeah, they don't get much better than Jade Empire. Still have my Special Edition that I play from time to time.

Dusted off my NES over Christmas. Started playing MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE. It's been a few years and I had forgotten how difficult and frustrating it is to complete... :khi1k:

TibetanWhiteCrane

Playing the original Rayman..... which is pure evil, concocted in the depths of hell, but good godamn is it great, probably the best 2D non action platformer ever. Perfect controls, beautiful graphics and animation, still after 18 years. Insane creativity in level design, groundbreaking use of music and sound design, great enemies and punishing boss battles. One of my favorite games of all time, and of any genre.

Got through beating Dragon's Dogma. One of the best games I ever played. Going to be starting on new game+ soon, but I am in the middle of playing Dark Souls, which I got for Christmas.. So far, it is not as hard as I have heard it was, but it's really good so far. Don't get me wrong; it is difficult, just not as much as I thought it would be.

TibetanWhiteCrane

The hit detection can be a bit off, but it's really a matter of distancing. I find the controls just fine, and below average graphics??? It looked great for '94, good sprites, good animations, nice details.

Guess we must agree to disagree...

Playing Mario64 at the moment, total nostalgia! Though the camera seems to be worse on the Wii VC version than the old N64 version.

Also got the two classic ODDWORLD games for ps1, retro brain gymnastics, at least compared to new games where you barely have to think at all.

Been playing a lot of Kinect with my kids...got the XBox 360 with Kinect for X-Mas from the wife:) My daughter and I love Kinect Sports, Kinect Party, and last night, we rocked Dance Central 2.

Been also playing Fable II, The Last Remnant, and I got for my b-day present early...The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

odioustrident
I remember just fine, the game sucked then and is even worse now. Poor controls, poor colision detection, and below average graphics. An example of the fighting game craze of the early 90s. I played tons of fighting games and that was not a good one, unless you're some hardcore BL fan.

Unlike the Bruce Lee gba game, which is fun and still enjoyable today.

If you looked at the entire library of 16-bit console fighters this game comes out pretty high on the list.... The game mechanics were a departure from similar Japan releases, something a lot of people can't get used to. Virgin Interactive produced a ton of shitty games but this wasn't one of them.

I consider the Bruce Lee GBA game to be a recent release in 2003!

Been playing a lot of Street Fighter x Tekken. I'm getting really sick of the amount of players who choose Ryu and Ken and just spam Hadouken and Shoryuken over and over... and over.... and over....

Literally 4 out of the last 5 online matches I've played tonight were Ryu/Ken spammers.

The other match was Ken/Guile. He beat me first round because I wasn't paying attention to my health and didn't tag out when I should have. Second round I destroyed him without even getting hit. Third round he cross attacked me (where you attack and change characters and attack again) over and over so there was nothing I could do and he killed me :squigglemouth:

This game is highly frustrating online. I have yet to fight someone online who didn't abuse Ryu or Ken's Hadouken out of the 20 or so matches I've played.

To be clear I do not use either of those characters, I use Asuka and Xiaoyu the Tekken characters.

Been playing a lot of Street Fighter x Tekken. I'm getting really sick of the amount of players who choose Ryu and Ken and just spam Hadouken and Shoryuken over and over... and over.... and over....

Literally 4 out of the last 5 online matches I've played tonight were Ryu/Ken spammers.

The other match was Ken/Guile. He beat me first round because I wasn't paying attention to my health and didn't tag out when I should have. Second round I destroyed him without even getting hit. Third round he cross attacked me (where you attack and change characters and attack again) over and over so there was nothing I could do and he killed me :squigglemouth:

This game is highly frustrating online. I have yet to fight someone online who didn't abuse Ryu or Ken's Hadouken out of the 20 or so matches I've played.

To be clear I do not use either of those characters, I use Asuka and Xiaoyu the Tekken characters.

In asia (HK/China) is different, not lots of ryus/kens hehe

That's why I play VIRTUA FIGHTER very few spammers & if there are it doesn't really work for them.

Also got the two classic ODDWORLD games for ps1, retro brain gymnastics, at least compared to new games where you barely have to think at all.

Nice. There's supposed to be a redone version of Abe's Oddysee coming soon. Apparently "a remake of the original PlayStation title, started from scratch with 2D gameplay and 3D graphics, using the original as a blueprint".

TibetanWhiteCrane

Not usually in to reboots, but a big hd tv really isn't doing the ps1 graphics any favors, so this could be cool if they stay true to the originals.

What makes the first OW games unique, is that you have no descernible skills whatsoever. You have to outsmart your enemies, which I love.

That's why I play VIRTUA FIGHTER very few spammers & if there are it does really work for them.

Yeah I'm probably going to get either Tekken Tag Tournament 2 or the Tekken 6 Soul Calibur 5 double pack soon. Those should be more fun online I hope :xd:

I wish there was an easy way to disconnect or filter out the Ryu/Ken spammers.

That's why I play VIRTUA FIGHTER very few spammers & if there are it does really work for them.

Yeah I'm probably going to get either Tekken Tag Tournament 2 or the Tekken 6 Soul Calibur 5 double pack soon. Those should be more fun online I hope :xd:

I wish there was an easy way to disconnect or filter out the Ryu/Ken spammers.

Just read my post as you quoted it I meant doesn't.