What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

TibetanWhiteCrane

Sleeping Dogs..... Buddha bless you! Not only does this game meet my expectations, it surpasses them by miles! After a string of personal dissapointments with Arkham City, Battlefield 3 and Max Payne 3... it was so fucking refreshing to finally get a game that just DELIVERS!!!

Love the combat system, it actually requires finesse, timing and technique way above what you normally find outside of actual fighting games. And how satisfying is it to beat the piss out of a gang of triad thugs with a perfect streak of moves.... oh so good, but not easy to master. Lots of moves to learn, and the way they made different techniques apply to different kinds of opponents also deserves a nod.

Love the graphics, which for some reason caught some flak in most reviews i've seen.... have no idea why! Tons of detail, little touches, nice sheen, light and shadow effects, good animations and just random stuff like the way your t-shirt clings to your body when it's wet and raining. Some of the character models are a bit stiff in their expressions, but I can overlook that. Great atmosphere too, stores, neon signs en masse, people yelling at you in cantonese, smoky alleys, it just feels alive (unlike Square Enix's previous open world title Just Cause 2). It's not a 100% faithful recreation of HK, but it definitely has that feel and vibe to it.

Love the vehicle action, handling is good, nice sense of speed, cool drifting and ram abilities. And the vehicle hijack feature can get pretty crazy. The vehicle camera could use a little work. It,s not bad when your driving, but it has a tendency to whip across to the front of the car/bike etc. when you hold still and try to get a sense of direction. Not a big deal, but it should be noted.

Great variety in missions, and lots of fun side missions and mini games, cock fighting, fight club, karaoke, gambling, street races, camera hacking, dating, finding stuff etc. Also a great and very rewarding upgrade system, you're always working towards something, which is a satisfying feeling.

Haven't really experienced much of the gunplay yet, cuz im still early in the game, but if it lives up to rest, im a happy camper.

Those were my initial impressions, for what they're worth.....

If you have ANY interest in gaming, and or HK movies, this is a must buy.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Still got Sleeping Dogs in package/brand new... Once I get through my Chuck Norris Blu's and Redemption/Kino Bava titles, I'm diving head first into this game... The last game I last played was this game on Dreamcast...

fXiDHriOJUw

• Administrator
Sleeping Dogs.....Those were my initial impressions, for what they're worth.....

For what it's worth? Well to me what you wrote was worth a lot. Awesome write up. Thanks!

This is the first new game I've bought for myself in about 5 years. I've picked up a few previously-owned games over the years, but I just don't have time to play like I used to.But when I saw the live action hype trailer for this I was sold. I pre-ordered it, paying it off a few bucks at a time, and picked it up today. I probably won't get to try it for a couple of weeks though. Looking forward to it though.

Sleeping Dogs..... Buddha bless you! Not only does this game meet my expectations, it surpasses them by miles! After a string of personal dissapointments with Arkham City, Battlefield 3 and Max Payne 3... it was so fucking refreshing to finally get a game that just DELIVERS!!!

Love the combat system, it actually requires finesse, timing and technique way above what you normally find outside of actual fighting games. And how satisfying is it to beat the piss out of a gang of triad thugs with a perfect streak of moves.... oh so good, but not easy to master. Lots of moves to learn, and the way they made different techniques apply to different kinds of opponents also deserves a nod.

Love the graphics, which for some reason caught some flak in most reviews i've seen.... have no idea why! Tons of detail, little touches, nice sheen, light and shadow effects, good animations and just random stuff like the way your t-shirt clings to your body when it's wet and raining. Some of the character models are a bit stiff in their expressions, but I can overlook that. Great atmosphere too, stores, neon signs en masse, people yelling at you in cantonese, smoky alleys, it just feels alive (unlike Square Enix's previous open world title Just Cause 2). It's not a 100% faithful recreation of HK, but it definitely has that feel and vibe to it.

Love the vehicle action, handling is good, nice sense of speed, cool drifting and ram abilities. And the vehicle hijack feature can get pretty crazy. The vehicle camera could use a little work. It,s not bad when your driving, but it has a tendency to whip across to the front of the car/bike etc. when you hold still and try to get a sense of direction. Not a big deal, but it should be noted.

Great variety in missions, and lots of fun side missions and mini games, cock fighting, fight club, karaoke, gambling, street races, camera hacking, dating, finding stuff etc. Also a great and very rewarding upgrade system, you're always working towards something, which is a satisfying feeling.

Haven't really experienced much of the gunplay yet, cuz im still early in the game, but if it lives up to rest, im a happy camper.

I've been playing this too, and my initial impressions were much the same as yours. Easily one of the best 2012 releases I've played, if not the best.

• Administrator
I've been playing this too, and my initial impressions were much the same as yours. Easily one of the best 2012 releases I've played, if not the best.

Mmmmm... so far two very positive opinions. :nerd: Excited!

TibetanWhiteCrane

So the gunplay was all right too, not as strong a feature as the meele combat, but not at all bad. Nice slo mo vault effects, nice loud sounds, blood flying, good aiming system, and the human shield is fun. I also like the fact that they kept it realistic, if you start poppin' off rounds outside a mission, or brandishing a gun in public, the cops WILL come, and they will shoot at you and chase your ass.

Looking forward to getting to face level 8, so I can wear the yellow Bruce Lee GOD style tracksuit!!! Can't wait to walk into a dusky parkinglot and lay the smack down on a bunch of heng dai, sportin' that baby. Although there seems to be a looong way to level 8:sad:

Agree with you completely. This is one of the best games I have played in a while and I have to force myself to stop to do my school work. The gunplay is excellant, but the Hand-to-Hand is where the game shines.:bigsmile:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Edison Chen with the role of a lifetime!!!! He has some balls doing a triad video game after what he had gone through with his own scandal not to long ago...

FINALLY got mine in today.....LOVING it. Anyone who's farther in know which character Conan Lee plays (or a full cast list)?

OpiumKungFuCracker
FINALLY got mine in today.....LOVING it. Anyone who's farther in know which character Conan Lee plays (or a full cast list)?

I saw this video earlier,

vYXOANLzuJw

TibetanWhiteCrane
Edison Chen with the role of a lifetime!!!! He has some balls doing a triad video game after what he had gone through with his own scandal not to long ago...

He's been popping up in HK over the last couple of years, modelling for Sam Lee's clothing line , but still keeping a low profile. yeah, pretty daring considering he could end up in an oildrum in Kowloon Bay.

OpiumKungFuCracker
He's been popping up in HK over the last couple of years, modelling for Sam Lee's clothing line , but still keeping a low profile. yeah, pretty daring considering he could end up in an oildrum in Kowloon Bay.

LOL....:bigsmile:

So...

Who else is looking forward to this?

X7khCk0bdnE&NR=1

Looks awsome! I might end up getting it, but I've got a lot of others to get first.

By the way, anyone know the name of the song in the trailer?

Looks awsome! I might end up getting it, but I've got a lot of others to get first.

By the way, anyone know the name of the song in the trailer?

Drunken Whaler (a variation on The Drunken Sailor, of course...:-)).

TibetanWhiteCrane

Anticipating Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 coming soon. Yes, the first one was a bit of a broken mess, but this one looks pretty good.

Also counting the days till Assassin's Creed 3!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Wish I can somehow listen to The Sleeping Dogs soundtrack while driving my car.. Not really a fan of listening to it on youtube playlist... Is there a soundtrack released in the future, anyone???

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, it's a surprisingly good and ecclectic soundtrack! There will probably be an official release, and if not, just download a YouTube to MP4 converter. I get tons of hard to find tunes that way.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Yeah, it's a surprisingly good and ecclectic soundtrack! There will probably be an official release, and if not, just download a YouTube to MP4 converter. I get tons of hard to find tunes that way.

Yep, just downloaded the software and onto 84 tracks to be converted.. Can't wait to pop this in the deck... Now the hard part, Triad tattoos???:nerd: