What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

TibetanWhiteCrane

Just ordered FATAL FURY BATTLE ARCHIVES VOL. 1 for ps2. It contains FF, FF2, FF special and FF 3. I could have just gotten them on the Wii virtual console, but it was cheap. Gonna kick some serious ass with my man Joe Higashi!

FATAL FURY BATTLE ARCHIVES VOL. 2 is only ntsc.... WHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Also Got King Of Fighters 2003.

I almost have every 2D fighter on my want list now..... oh joy.

oneskyforall
Just ordered FATAL FURY BATTLE ARCHIVES VOL. 1 for ps2. It contains FF, FF2, FF special and FF 3. I could have just gotten them on the Wii virtual console, but it was cheap. Gonna kick some serious ass with my man Joe Higashi!

FATAL FURY BATTLE ARCHIVES VOL. 2 is only ntsc.... WHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Also Got King Of Fighters 2003.

I almost have every 2D fighter on my want list now..... oh joy.

Where did you order Vol. 1?

I love me some 2D fighting.

Omni Dragon

Playing SEVEN SAMURAI 20XX on PS2 it an OK H&S that's easy most cos its a repetitive button-mashing game where only the boss battles need any real tactics. the story is pretty good but a seems a bit departed from the gameplay thought. Still finding it enjoyable.

Guest Yi-Long

FINALLY received BlazBlue CS Extend CE today. Nothing special about the CE sadly. Just a soundtrack I'll never listen to plus some crappy sketches. I would have been more satisfied if it would have come with the little artbook that CS had.

Oh well.

Also picked up Dark Souls and Naruto Generations this morning for PS3.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Can't game for a while..... my left thumb actually ruptured last night as I was playing Capcom VS SNK..... I hadn't noticed that the entire tip had become one big blister, and it just burst with orange goo..... gross as fuck! Goddamn ps2 controller with those sharp ass directional buttons!!!

You don't realise how much you need your left thumb, untill you can't use it!

Omni Dragon

Just ordered: SHADOW HEARTS: FROM THE NEW WORLD,

VALKYRIE PROFILE 2: SILMERIA, XENO SAGA EPISODE II, CRASH NITRO KART for the PS2 & LOST ODYSSEY & THE ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION for the XBOX360

Just ordered: SHADOW HEARTS: FROM THE NEW WORLD,

VALKYRIE PROFILE 2: SILMERIA, XENO SAGA EPISODE II, CRASH NITRO KART for the PS2 & LOST ODYSSEY & THE ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION for the XBOX360

I tried to play Lost Odyssey, but could never get into it. Don't know if it was the extreme difficulty(at times) or the weird looking clothing, but the game just rubbed me the wrong way. I still have it, so I may give it another shot and see if I still feel the same way. Oblivion on the other hand is still one of my favorite RPGS and I go back to it from time to time.

Guest Yi-Long

I've had Lost Od. for a few years now, but never played it yet cause I don't have the HDD-space to install it all, and I don't like running the games straight from disc.

Going back a bit old school, FINALLY received/hooked up my Neo Geo MVS today. Sam Sho 2, and Cyber Lip FTW!!

Shaolin Chamber 36

I finally got around to installing the Playstation emulator on my phone, works great with the PS3 controller btw.

I have been playing Tekken 3, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 and some Crash Bandicoot.

Plays and works great.

Here is a video of someone with the same phone I have, Samsung Galaxy Note and using the same emulator, FPse, and of course playing with a PS3 controller via bluetooth.

27TfLpoTlgo

Omni Dragon
Going back a bit old school, FINALLY received/hooked up my Neo Geo MVS today. Sam Sho 2, and Cyber Lip FTW!!

Nice, how much did that cost?

Omni Dragon
I tried to play Lost Odyssey, but could never get into it. Don't know if it was the extreme difficulty(at times) or the weird looking clothing, but the game just rubbed me the wrong way. I still have it, so I may give it another shot and see if I still feel the same way. Oblivion on the other hand is still one of my favorite RPGS and I go back to it from time to time.

LOST ODYSSEY 'extreme difficulty(at times)' :ooh: well I completed disc 1 & I was actually surprise how easy it was for a turn based JapaneseRPG but to me it sounds like as you liked OBLIVION you might just prefer the Western action RPG's...

I've had Lost Od. for a few years now, but never played it yet cause I don't have the HDD-space to install it all, and I don't like running the games straight from disc.

Why not install it a disc at a time? That's what I've been doing I installed disc 1 then uninstalled it when I got to disc 2 & installed that...

LOST ODYSSEY 'extreme difficulty(at times)' :ooh: well I completed disc 1 & I was actually surprise how easy it was for a turn based JapaneseRPG but to me it sounds like as you liked OBLIVION you might just prefer the Western action RPG's...

You would be right about that.:bigsmile:

TibetanWhiteCrane

Max Payne 3.... hmm... it's not really doing it for me, and I have no fucking clue why??!! It's basically an upgraded version of the old concept, which I loved. It has near perfect controls, nice representation, good story, realistic setting and characters, good level design. It's a fucking Max Payne game from Rockstar... what more could you want? But it just doesn't capture me..... and I can't say why....

Modern Warfare 3... Soooooo much better than Battleshit 3, and i've only played like ten minutes.

King Of Fighters 2003.... Going apeshiznitty with my man Joe Higashi, my girl Mai Shiranui and kicking king Kim Kaphwan....

Max Payne 3.... hmm... it's not really doing it for me, and I have no fucking clue why??!! It's basically an upgraded version of the old concept, which I loved. It has near perfect controls, nice representation, good story, realistic setting and characters, good level design. It's a fucking Max Payne game from Rockstar... what more could you want? But it just doesn't capture me..... and I can't say why....

Could it be the new setting? Kind of a big change going from New York to Brazil.

TibetanWhiteCrane

No, I don't think that's it. I mean, it's a big change for sure, but I found that kinda refreshing.

I think it's the INSANE amount of cut scenes that bothers me. I recognise the importance of cut scenes as way to link up action and story, and to get exposition out of the way, but this is just too much. Cut scenes should bookend a gameplay sequence, not cut it off every two minutes. I feel like im being lead by the hand, not having much effect on anything here.

I feel like the game is playing me, rather than me playing the game, if that makes any sense?!

I had sort of the same problem wit COD- Black Ops. But this is way worse.... it's like watching a movie, and popping off a few rounds now and again..... it's just not my idea of GAMING.

Honestly, I think Rockstar dropped the ball here. I SINCERELY hope this trend will not bleed over into GTA 5!

I know the earlier Max Payne games also had those comicbook page type cut scenes, but that was still restrained. And I think you can still have Max's inner monologue playing while staying in the third person gameplay view, just keep it in between action sequences.

Oh well..... ramble, ramble....

I'll finish the game, but im pretty damn dissapointed with the outcome, to say the least.

No, I don't think that's it. I mean, it's a big change for sure, but I found that kinda refreshing.

I think it's the INSANE amount of cut scenes that bothers me. I recognise the importance of cut scenes as way to link up action and story, and to get exposition out of the way, but this is just too much. Cut scenes should bookend a gameplay sequence, not cut it off every two minutes. I feel like im being lead by the hand, not having much effect on anything here.

I feel like the game is playing me, rather than me playing the game, if that makes any sense?!

I had sort of the same problem wit COD- Black Ops. But this is way worse.... it's like watching a movie, and popping off a few rounds now and again..... it's just not my idea of GAMING.

Honestly, I think Rockstar dropped the ball here. I SINCERELY hope this trend will not bleed over into GTA 5!

I know the earlier Max Payne games also had those comicbook page type cut scenes, but that was still restrained. And I think you can still have Max's inner monologue playing while staying in the third person gameplay view, just keep it in between action sequences.

Oh well..... ramble, ramble....

I'll finish the game, but im pretty damn dissapointed with the outcome, to say the least.

Yeah, an over abundance of cut scenes can take some the fun out of games. That is one of the many problems I had with Mass Effect. It felt more like playing a movie than a game. It also seems like the most recent Metal Gear game had the smae problem(but it also has been one for long cut scenes).Never really have liked the GTA games, so I won't have to worry about that. Looking forward to playing Sleeping Dogs and (Hopefully) Saints Row 4 instead.

I'm looking forward to Sleeping Dogs too!

Currently playing:

Yakuza: Dead Souls

Street Fighter X Tekken

Omni Dragon

Played EARTHWORM JIM yesterday to celebrate it's 18 year anniversary mainly cos EWJ is a very special game to me cos was one of the 1st if not 1st video games(may have played some cheap hand helds/ or around friends) I played & Jim is the 1st video game character I knew even before Mario, Sonic or Pac-Man.

Started playing Sleeping Dogs and it's every bit as good as I had hoped it would be. I am glad that there is another great MA game for the Xbox other than Jade Empire.