What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

Omni Dragon
MW2, I personally think its the best COD out there, cant really get into the others anymore.

MW2 with Fightingfist & WAY OF THE SAMURAI 2 on my own did the best I've ever done on a WOTS got a 112.3% Samurai rank I'll probably go on WOTS 1 or 3.

wots2.png

My fave is World At War..... aaaah, the flamethrower!

They should make a straight up Nam game, not that Black Ops shit!

I disliked the fact that waw's game where infected a lot plus you need DLC for a lot of it it would load the game then you get kick.

I know.... I guess Nam is considered Passé. Though they sure milked the fuck outta ol' WWII for I don't know how many games!

I don't think there has been ONE good Nam game, really!

Nam 1975 was just an arcade style scrolling shooter. Conflict: Vietnam was ok, but not all that. Vietcong: Purple Haze was crap, Shellshock: Nam '67 was broken as hell, but decent fun, and Men Of Valor was also kinda weak. Maybe there has been some good ones on PC, I don't know, since im not a PC gamer.

How hard can it be? 12-15 missions, nice graphics.... and a choice between two main characters..... JOHN RAMBO or JAMES BRADDOCK!!!!!

I don't see how they can come to the conclusion that it is Passé. Like you said, they milked WWII for all it was worth. I pretty sure that any chance of getting one now is pretty low , since the developers are on the "Modern Warfare" kick. Every shooter, not set in a fictional setting, is sure to follow COD's format.( just like Medal of Honor is doing now).

Guest Yi-Long

Perhaps there is some hesitation on the part of developers when it comes to doing a Vietnam game, due to the fact that the USA had no business being there in the first place.

WW2 is much simpler: You had obvious bad guys (the nazis), and you had good guys. It was army vs army. It was epic in scale, it was relatively simple in terms of understanding it. (Obviously there was more to it than that, like the fear of Russia beating Hitler and thus taking control of parts of western Europe) but it basically comes down to mass-murdering bastards getting a beat-down).

In Vietnam, it was a modern army against guerrilla warfare (not to be confused with vanilla warfare, which is delicious), fighting an unjust war, and basically a black page in US history.

So I think for many developers it would be a big risk to 1; create a single-player campaign where you would play an american 'hero' against bad guys, cause it wouldn't do justice to what actually happened, and 2: for a MP game, it might me a problem balancing it out properly, considering the difference in arms and the difference in methods used to strike the opposing team. You're not really going to play a MP game in which you hang around drunk in a bar with fellow GI's and vietnamese prostitutes, only to be blown up by a bomb by a 'Charlie'...

I'm not saying it couldn't be done (far from it), but I think many developers shun away from it for these reasons.

Looking forward to Max Payne 3 (PS3) coming out in the middle of May, also Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD will be a definite purchase for me. Used to play the Pro Skater series 1-4 for hours when they were first released (although I didn't bother with the later Tony Hawks games) and this new game is the best of the first 2 with possible DLC levels from 3-4 to be added later.

Just started up Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for the PS Vita. I never got to far into the PS3 version, plus all the PS3 DLC in included in this version, so it should be fun.

Guest Yi-Long
Looking forward to Max Payne 3 (PS3) coming out in the middle of May, also Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD will be a definite purchase for me. Used to play the Pro Skater series 1-4 for hours when they were first released (although I didn't bother with the later Tony Hawks games) and this new game is the best of the first 2 with possible DLC levels from 3-4 to be added later.

DLC is the reason I probably WON'T pick it up.

Skepparkrans

I have been playing:

Avernum: Escape From The Pit - Maybe been playing it to much.. its really dated when it comes to looks, but the gameplay and story is just so addictive.

Titan Quest: Immortal Throne - Still a great game! cant wait for Diablo III, or Grim Dawn, to satisfy my craving for hacking, slashing and looting.

Deus EX HR - I finally finished it.. always feeling so empty when a great game rolls the credits..

I am looking forward to "Dragon Dogma", looks like it is going to be really good. I also finished Mass Effect 3 and I have to say that I was really disapointed in it. It started out okay, but by the end, I was ready to take it back to Gamestop(which I did). It pretty much ruined the experience of the series so bad for me that I will most likely never play the other two again.:sad:

Just started playing "kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" today. Its pretty good so far.

Great game. Took me just over 100 hours to finish everything including all the sidequests/misc objectives. Very satisfying combat whether you're playing as a Warrior, Rogue or Wizard.

Also been recently playing a bunch of FIFA12, and replaying the story mode of Red Dead Redemption. Good Times.

Looking forward to Tony Hawk HD as well, I played the first 3 or 4 games of that series obsessively....classic levels with a HD spruce up for a budget price? Count me in, I just won't bother to buy any of the DLC levels. Hell, I'd pay $15 just for the Warehouse level from THPS1 and a level editor. :tongue:

Great game. Took me just over 100 hours to finish everything including all the sidequests/misc objectives. Very satisfying combat whether you're playing as a Warrior, Rogue or Wizard.

Also been recently playing a bunch of FIFA12, and replaying the story mode of Red Dead Redemption. Good Times.

Looking forward to Tony Hawk HD as well, I played the first 3 or 4 games of that series obsessively....classic levels with a HD spruce up for a budget price? Count me in, I just won't bother to buy any of the DLC levels. Hell, I'd pay $15 just for the Warehouse level from THPS1 and a level editor. :tongue:

I have been playing a Rogue/Wizard hybred and I am having a blast. I have just entered the desert area, so I guess I am about half way done now.

P.S. Red Dead Redemption is Awsome!:smile:

TibetanWhiteCrane

That's some retro shit right there, cracker! My cuz and I just got Time Crisis 2+3 with the light gun for ps2.

Im trying to get 100% completion in Just Cause 2 which is a nightmare, cuz the final suitcases arent on the map!!!!! You just gotta ride around until your homing beacon lights up, and then scower the area..... it's ASS but I want those 100% damn it! im on 96,57!

DarthKato

I am still working on Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning. I also finaly played the Demo for Dragon's Dogma and it was great. I will most likely be putting all other games on hold as soon as Max Payne 3 comes out.:bigsmile:

Guest Yi-Long

Been playing some Midnight Club LA, which I've had lying around for a few years now but never bothered playing before. Nice game, but not great.

Obviously been busy playing Trials Evolution, which IS brilliant. So addictive.

Also played a bit of Sniper Elite v2 on the PC to check it out, but the AI is ridiculous and it just plays like a last-gen game, so I doubt I'll stick with it.

I'm considering picking up episode 1 of The Walking Dead, which is getting very positive reviews so far, but not sure yet, cause I'm not a big fan of episodic games and might prefer waiting for the game to be completed to make a better judgment.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Just got me a stack of 2D fighter goodnes.... KOF 2000, 2001, 2002, Capcom VS SNK, SNK VS Capcom SVC Chaos, Capcom Fighting Jam, Art Of Fighting Anthology, World Heroes Anthology, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, Street Fighter Anniversay Collection...... Let's get it on!!!!

I was on the fence with Trials Evolution, but i've only heard good things, so I guess i'll check it out.

Actually, I was just about to get Sniper Elite V2 for 360, is it REALLY bad, or playable but not great?

OpiumKungFuCracker
That's some retro shit right there, cracker! My cuz and I just got Time Crisis 2+3 with the light gun for ps2.

Im trying to get 100% completion in Just Cause 2 which is a nightmare, cuz the final suitcases arent on the map!!!!! You just gotta ride around until your homing beacon lights up, and then scower the area..... it's ASS but I want those 100% damn it! im on 96,57!

Hell Yeah, I'm going way back even further... I'm currently on this game right now, no emulator bullshit, straight up on my atari 7800 with the coaxial signal and my eyes are bleeding right now!!!!!!!!

HKaO5rriCwI

I'm considering picking up episode 1 of The Walking Dead, which is getting very positive reviews so far, but not sure yet, cause I'm not a big fan of episodic games and might prefer waiting for the game to be completed to make a better judgment.

I bought the whole season pass, it's actually cheaper than just buying it 1 episode at a time... 19.99 or how many points xbox live do, do PSN do points too???

DarthKato
Hell Yeah, I'm going way back even further... I'm currently on this game right now, no emulator bullshit, straight up on my atari 7800 with the coaxial signal and my eyes are bleeding right now!!!!!!!!

HKaO5rriCwI

I bought the whole season pass, it's actually cheaper than just buying it 1 episode at a time... 19.99 or how many points xbox live do, do PSN do points too???

Yes they do.

Guest Yi-Long
Just got me a stack of 2D fighter goodnes.... KOF 2000, 2001, 2002, Capcom VS SNK, SNK VS Capcom SVC Chaos, Capcom Fighting Jam, Art Of Fighting Anthology, World Heroes Anthology, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, Street Fighter Anniversay Collection...... Let's get it on!!!!

I was on the fence with Trials Evolution, but i've only heard good things, so I guess i'll check it out.

Actually, I was just about to get Sniper Elite V2 for 360, is it REALLY bad, or playable but not great?

I've only played it a bit on the PC, but in the 2nd level I wa sjust put off by the poor AI. You go around sniping people, using the sound of the speaker to hide your shots, so you're not discovered...

... so you killed all the guys who are in the open so you move up and you just kinda 'trigger' some AI soldiers who pop up from the barracks and immediately spot you. It kinda ruins the whole 'stealth' aspect that should be part of the game.

It's an OK game, and I'm sure people will have some fun with it if you can accept it for what it is (a last gen game), but personally I think I'll give it maybe another shot but I predict I'll grow tired of it pretty quickly and delete it...

You absolutely SHOULD check out Trails Evolution though. Try the demo if you have some doubts.

On the PS3 it's 5 euro per episode, or 20 euro for all 5 episodes (season-pass), which works out pretty much the same as 400 msp per episode on XBL, where I bought the MSP for less than 1 euro per 100 msp, thus 400 msp is slightly less than 4 euro.

I'll probably wait to see how the other episodes will score, and maybe there will be a nice sale a few months from now.

BTW, big Pixeljunk sale on PSN this week, with 4 games (Racers, Shooter, Eden, and Monsters) going for only 1 dollar/euro a piece!!!

Fightingfist

Playin alot of FIFA 11 Ultimate team again on 360, since I won't be able to go on FIFA 12 on PC for a long while. loads of fun :). Also gonna play more 360 games that I aint played much

I just got "COD: World at War' today and I also got Fable 3. Played some of the multiplayer in WaW and besides some of the people cheating with hacks, I thought it was pretty good. Only just got to the russian part of the campain, but it has been good so far. I have not started fable 3 yet, but I am going to probably start on it tommorw.

Modern Warfare 2 would be my favo. Haven't played Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 yet but I'm a bit tired of the franchise now tbh. Other than having new feats, they seem to be doing the thing with these new installments.

Given my excessive collecting of Hong Kong films, it's probably a good thing that I never got into video games. One can only guess how my room would look if I had....:biggrin:

Laura

TibetanWhiteCrane
Modern Warfare 2 would be my favo. Haven't played Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 yet but I'm a bit tired of the franchise now tbh. Other than having new feats, they seem to be doing the thing with these new installments.

I have no interest in online play, so I can't speak on that. I judge games based solely on the single player portion (which these days is like buying half a game). Black Ops was hugely dissapointing. Haven't gotten MW 3 yet, but im sure it's more of the same. Hope it's better than Battlefield 3 though, that sucked donkey balls. didn't even finish it... just stopped caring.

I have no interest in online play, so I can't speak on that. I judge games based solely on the single player portion (which these days is like buying half a game). Black Ops was hugely dissapointing. Haven't gotten MW 3 yet, but im sure it's more of the same. Hope it's better than Battlefield 3 though, that sucked donkey balls. didn't even finish it... just stopped caring.

Black Ops's single player was okay, but the Multiplayer was horriable IMHO. WAW single player is really good so far, I only wish I could fnd a good group to play multiplayer with. All I have met so far are a bunch of loud mouth cheaters:frown:.Havent played MW3 either, but I plan to as soon as it goes down in price.