What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

I'm really big on Platform games and this one is probably the best one I've ever played in my entire pathetic life, lol... It's the best looking game I've ever seen kind of like how Donkey Kong Country first came out to the SNES and I thought that was the best looking game I've ever seen back in 1994???

Rayman Origins gets extremely difficult and hard when you get to Sea of Serendipitdy and the whole time you have to rely on swimming away from squid monsters and blow fish with spikes and electric eel looking fishy things... This game will blow your mind, COD3 and BF3 can't hold a candle to Rayman Origins... Easily one of the most underrated games of all time because not too many have bought it or played it yet...

Thanks for the info, I'll definately have to pick this one up now! Sounds fun, although the hard parts might make me go a little crazy.

Playing Arkham City now, and to be honest, Im quite dissapointed. Loved the first one!

Say WHAAAAT? The first one was also excellent, but this one improves upon it in almost every way. What are you disappointed with?

TibetanWhiteCrane

First of all, I think the free roam was a mistake! I think with a tight narrative, that also plays on a lot of urgency, having the option to go off and do side mission ruins the story structure. In the first one, you also had some room to move around semi freely, but it was still more linear, and kept the story going at a good pace.

It also had that 'more of the same' feeling to it. And that's a fine line, I know. Sequels should be roughly the same formula, but improved upon, and with something new to spice it up. It's not easy, I know that. Cuz if they make it totally different, then they lose whatever it was that made the first game so good, but I feel that they went too much in the other direction. I felt like I was playing Arkham Asylum again, only with more gadgets.

Also, and this maybe more my own fault, but I had been playing up to the Joker Boss fight without upgrading my combat armour (upgraded gadgets instead) so when I came to the JBF with relatively little energy and weak armour, I was toast!!! Not a chance to beat twenty dudes, the clown amputee, the titan freak and the joker.... no way in hell, couldn't be done. And the problem was that the save started with a cutscene, so you were forced to do it, or start over, so I had to start the entire game over and upgrade armour and play more dilligently. That was AAAAASS!!!! And really killed the momentum I had going!

There were many other little things I could nitpick at, but all added together, I was just kinda dissapointed. im not saying it's a bad game, NOT AT ALL, I just liked the first one better.

Not done yet, at the Clayface boss fight. So maybe when im done, i'll feel differently.

First of all, I think the free roam was a mistake! I think with a tight narrative, that also plays on a lot of urgency, having the option to go off and do side mission ruins the story structure. In the first one, you also had some room to move around semi freely, but it was still more linear, and kept the story going at a good pace.

It also had that 'more of the same' feeling to it. And that's a fine line, I know. Sequels should be roughly the same formula, but improved upon, and with something new to spice it up. It's not easy, I know that. Cuz if they make it totally different, then they lose whatever it was that made the first game so good, but I feel that they went too much in the other direction. I felt like I was playing Arkham Asylum again, only with more gadgets.

Also, and this maybe more my own fault, but I had been playing up to the Joker Boss fight without upgrading my combat armour (upgraded gadgets instead) so when I came to the JBF with relatively little energy and weak armour, I was toast!!! Not a chance to beat twenty dudes, the clown amputee, the titan freak and the joker.... no way in hell, couldn't be done. And the problem was that the save started with a cutscene, so you were forced to do it, or start over, so I had to start the entire game over and upgrade armour and play more dilligently. That was AAAAASS!!!! And really killed the momentum I had going!

There were many other little things I could nitpick at, but all added together, I was just kinda dissapointed. im not saying it's a bad game, NOT AT ALL, I just liked the first one better.

Not done yet, at the Clayface boss fight. So maybe when im done, i'll feel differently.

I actually like the option of being able to go off to side missions if you want. Or you could always just breeze through the main quest and igonre the side quests to keep it more linear if you want. I just thought it was very cool being able to be Batman in an open city ready to take on anything (especially all the great villians you get to go up against)!

Good point about the upgrading system though. I hate games that give you options and the freedom to play however you want, but then penalize you if you don't do it a certain way. That's just poor design work.

I doubt you'll feel any different once you've finished it. It doesn't change at all.

I just got Skyrim back, so I will be starting it soon. I put over 300 hours into oblivion and I exspect to put the same into this one.

ShaOW!linDude

Not a big gamer myself. Mainly 'cause I suck at it. Love the fight games though. About the only thing I used to buy. Haven't played in anything is ages. (My PS2 got fried in an electrical storm. Still got a game stuck in it.) But that Virtual Fighter 5: Final Showdown? Aw, dude. Now I want to play that.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Can't wait for:

GTA 5

Hitman- Absolution

Max Payne 3

Tomb Raider

Far Cry 3

Soul Calibur 5

Tekken X Street Fighter

And Finally... True Crime: Hong Kong is coming out, though under another title. Mike Leeder did some work on it.

I've heard rumours of a possible Shenmue 3, which would be awefuckingsome, though they may just be rumours.

Can't wait for:

GTA 5

Hitman- Absolution

Max Payne 3

Tomb Raider

Far Cry 3

Soul Calibur 5

Tekken X Street Fighter

And Finally... True Crime: Hong Kong is coming out, though under another title. Mike Leeder did some work on it.

I've heard rumours of a possible Shenmue 3, which would be awefuckingsome, though they may just be rumours.

I agree with you on those four. When I found out that True Crime: Hong Kong had been picked up and was coming out, I was like:khi8g: I can't wait for it to come out. Also a third Shenmue would be great.

Guest Yi-Long

Lately I've been playing Battlefield 3 on PS3 and FIFA12 on 360. Also occasionally play Defense Grid for 360, and Pinball FX2.

I got Batman Arkham City for my birthday from my girlfriend and I liked it, but the story was weaker than Asylum, sadly. Occasionally pop it back in to visit calender man or just browse the city for some more riddles and all that. And I'm waiting for the DLC to go on sale so I can try out Robin and Nightwing.

I 'tried' Skyrim on the PC and it's good, but somehow I don't really return to it. I'm just not much of a PC-gamer.

Oh, and I bought and played Yakuza last year when it was 20 euro or something (bargain), and I really enjoyed it. Great game.

Only games I'm looking forward to at the moment are Naruto Generations (PS3) and Journey (PSN).

Dead or Alive 4 - My only game on the 360 besides Tekken 6. What does that say? :tongue:

You like fighting games Have you try VIRTUA FIGHTER 5?

Skyrim is such a fantastic pc game, Everyone who likes pc gaming should try it out!

I know im a TES fanboy but i have not enjoyd a game this much since Oblivion. :nerd:

[insert random joke about having done something you're doing but then having to quit due to an archery-related knee wound]

Skyrim, skyrim and more skyrim.. I hate it when you started playing at 10 pm and suddenly realize the sun went up two hours ago. At that point, what good is a few hours of sleep? And you continue playing :nerd:

I've played a demo but I've had the 4th one for many years. It barely works.

Right well I just thought I'd mention it just that I use to exclusively play TEKKEN when it came to fighting games but when I got my 360 TEKKEN wasn't out so for it yet so I got VF5 & DOA4 then VIRTUA FIGHTER quickly became my favourite fighting game.

VIRTUAFIGHTERvsTEKKEN.gif

ShaOW!linDude
[insert random joke about having done something you're doing but then having to quit due to an archery-related knee wound]

Just out of curiosity.....how did you shoot yourself in the knee with a bow and arrow?

Or what did you say to that archery chick that you shouldn't have? You know....she probably wasn't aiming for your knee.

I started playing Halo 3 today. I thought it was about time to finish it. I am also just about done with Skyrim's main quest.

Skyrim, skyrim and more skyrim.. I hate it when you started playing at 10 pm and suddenly realize the sun went up two hours ago. At that point, what good is a few hours of sleep? And you continue playing :nerd:

YES. I got Skyrim for Xmas and it is like unholy crack. I just cannot stop playing it. I've racked up about 110 hours over the past 3 weeks... Level 51 Redguard Two Handed fighter. I put over 200 hours into Oblivion and I can see myself putting at least that much into Skyrim as well. I still haven't found more than half of the locations on the map.

This game will probably keep me busy all year (though I do still need to go back and finish Saints Row the Third).