What video games have you been playing

Omni Dragon

Guest Yi-Long
Anybody played Dragon Quest IX? I've been thinking about picking it up since its been a long time since I played a JRPG and I wanted some fan reviews.

Yeah, I've got it and I'm a couple of hours in, but TBH it hasn't really won me over yet. It's good, but you never really care much about the characters or story, and it's kind of a big grind...while the battle-system isn't really all that interesting.

Yeah I know we did but we hadn't at the time of typing.

I don't understand we were pretty equal lol & I'd not play it for a while lol(I was playing VIRTUA FIGHTER mostly) We need to do more TDM but others are just to chicken.

Yes gotta agree with you, btw decent upload lol.

Guest Yi-Long
The one on Playstation 2 is awesome. Have you played Suikoden Tierkreis for the DS?

I never had a PS2, but I know about DQ8 (which was the one on the PS2), and I remember recommending it to a friend from school at the time :)

Never played Suikoden. I don't have a DS myself, but I occasionally borrow my girlfriend's DS, so I played DQ9 on hers :)

DeathFuMaster

Started playing Star Ocean Second Evolution again, I'm gonna try to be it in the next few weeks. I have SO many games that I haven't finished that I need to get to, mostly J-RPGs.

And thanks for the replies about DQIX, I'll probably pick it up along with Ys Seven which I have also heard good things about. I guess you could say I'm on a Japanese RPG kick right now haha.

Guest Yi-Long
Started playing Star Ocean Second Evolution again, I'm gonna try to be it in the next few weeks. I have SO many games that I haven't finished that I need to get to, mostly J-RPGs.

Pfff... tell me about it...(!)

I think I have (at least) about 15-20 games still lying around that I need to play for the 360 and PS3, and that's not counting XBLA games or PSP/DS games. Most of them still sealed because I bought them but was waiting to play them till I got a plasma (which I bought last month orso...)

DeathFuMaster
Pfff... tell me about it...(!)

I think I have (at least) about 15-20 games still lying around that I need to play for the 360 and PS3, and that's not counting XBLA games or PSP/DS games. Most of them still sealed because I bought them but was waiting to play them till I got a plasma (which I bought last month orso...)

The sad thing is that I just keep buying more games when I find good deals, so in actuality I'll probably never catch up.

Guest Yi-Long
The sad thing is that I just keep buying more games when I find good deals, so in actuality I'll probably never catch up.

Same here. Eyeing FIFA11, Bad Company 2, Naruto UNS2 and NBA2k11 at the moment, with Mass Effect 2 also on the cards, plus there will hopefully be XBLA daily deals again this Xmas, where I might pick some up...

It's getting a bit ridiculous, really.

DeathFuMaster

Bad Company 2 and Mass Effect 2 are both awesome games...For Mass Effect 2 though you will definitely benefit heavily from playing Mass Effect 1 first if you haven't yet. Mostly because you import your character and decisions from the first game into the second, and the same will be true from the second to the third.

Guest Yi-Long

I've played Mass Effect for a little bit, and enjoyed it very much, but stopped playing cause I wanted to wait for my plasma. Haven't picked it up again since I got the plasma though.

Been wondering what to play now that I'm done with RDR. Maybe Mass Effect, maybe Gears of War, maybe The Orange Box, maybe Uncharted or Ratchet and Clank, etc etc.

While I'm thinking that over, I've been playing the awesome ilomilo, FIFA WC2010, Battlefield 1943, and even NBA Street v3.

Ow, and today I ordered FIFA11. :)

DeathFuMaster

I say Gears of War or Uncharted because they are kinda short, so you could just get them out of the way and put some games in your finished pile. With FPSs(or third person) I usually put them on top of me "need to beat" pile because they are ridiculously short these days.

DeathFuMaster
Since lots of my stuff is in storage been playing on the DS. I got DEMENTIUM II, it's great horror game.

I have heard good things about this game. I'll have to watch some gameplay before I get it though. Would you reccommend it based on what you played so far?

I've played Mass Effect for a little bit, and enjoyed it very much, but stopped playing cause I wanted to wait for my plasma. Haven't picked it up again since I got the plasma though.

Been wondering what to play now that I'm done with RDR. Maybe Mass Effect, maybe Gears of War, maybe The Orange Box, maybe Uncharted or Ratchet and Clank, etc etc.

While I'm thinking that over, I've been playing the awesome ilomilo, FIFA WC2010, Battlefield 1943, and even NBA Street v3.

Ow, and today I ordered FIFA11. :)

Kwll I gt FIFA 11 aswell brill footy game, did u get it from play.com as it's gone down to £17.99 which is a very gd bargain lol. If ur in UK

Guest Yi-Long
I say Gears of War or Uncharted because they are kinda short, so you could just get them out of the way and put some games in your finished pile. With FPSs(or third person) I usually put them on top of me "need to beat" pile because they are ridiculously short these days.

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting a couple of the short ones out of the way.

I already once made a start with Uncharted, so not quite sure how far I am with that, but it was a while ago so I'll probably start over so I can enjoy it all in HD.

Kwll I gt FIFA 11 aswell brill footy game, did u get it from play.com as it's gone down to £17.99 which is a very gd bargain lol. If ur in UK

I actually checked play.com very early this morning for their monday deals, and it wasn't listed, so I ordered it from zavvi.com

Then I went out for groceries, and when I came back I noticed play.com had it for very cheap, so I quickly cancelled my zavvi order and ordered it at play.com instead. :)

Pretty good deal indeed :) I'm sure I'll enjoy it, although I'm a bit worried about the 'lobs' being changed from their WC2010 game, where I felt they were absolutely perfect.

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting a couple of the short ones out of the way.

I already once made a start with Uncharted, so not quite sure how far I am with that, but it was a while ago so I'll probably start over so I can enjoy it all in HD.

I actually checked play.com very early this morning for their monday deals, and it wasn't listed, so I ordered it from zavvi.com

Then I went out for groceries, and when I came back I noticed play.com had it for very cheap, so I quickly cancelled my zavvi order and ordered it at play.com instead. :)

Pretty good deal indeed :) I'm sure I'll enjoy it, although I'm a bit worried about the 'lobs' being changed from their WC2010 game, where I felt they were absolutely perfect.

Yeh definately agree with you on the WC 2010 game the gameplay was amazing. they should have kept it for FIFA 11. But still it is very gd, I like it that they made the chip goals alot harder to score compared to the previous FIFAs since everyone were pretty much chipping it in with ease online.

Guest Yi-Long
Yeh definately agree with you on the WC 2010 game the gameplay was amazing. they should have kept it for FIFA 11. But still it is very gd, I like it that they made the chip goals alot harder to score compared to the previous FIFAs since everyone were pretty much chipping it in with ease online.

Well, in real life I was extremely good at 'chipping' the balls in from all angles, even on a hard surface like concret, so I think it's stupid when in a game where I play with paid pro's and I'm 1-on-1 with a keeper that's coming out of his goal too far, I'm not able to chip it in because the people at FIFA have decided that would have been a 'too easy' goal.

When I manage to get 1-on-1 with a keeper, it SHOULD be an easy goal. It shouldn't be easy to get into that position, but when I'm there, I should be able chip the ball like I'm able to do in real life, instead of having it made artificially hard.

That's why I said I LOVED it in WC2010. It was hard to get into that 1-on-1 position (I play on the highest difficulty-setting btw), and it still took some timing and effort to get the ball in, but when you did everything right, it was a stunning goal. And that's how it should be :)

I can understand it being 'lame' when you're playing on the lower difficulties and you get into that position 10 times in a match, scoring 7 goals from them... but on the higher difficulties you might get only 1, maybe 2 of those 1-on-1 chances, and you want to be able to have the chip as an option to finishing the attack in case the keeper comes out too far.

DeathFuMaster

Picked up some new games on the cheap this last week:

Dragon Quest IX DS

Dragon Quest VIII PS2

Dragon Quest V DS

Valkyrie Profile Lenneth PSP

Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume DS

Valkyria Chronicles PS3

Sin and Punishment Star Successor Wii

Ys Seven PSP

Blue Dragon Xbox 360

Star Ocean Till The End of Time PS2

Infinite Undiscovery Xbox 360

Phantasy Star Portable PSP

Final Fantasy III DS

Final Fantasy IV DS

So needless to say I have plenty to keep me busy game wise.

DeathFuMaster

I finally finished Star Ocean Second Evolution, but I may come back to it later on and play around with the extras.

I'm thinking that I'll start on Dragon Quest IX next. I may also play some other 360 and PS3 games I need to finish too and just alternate.

Completed Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and am definitely going to get Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in November.

Began playing 2008's The Last Remnant from Square Enix...great story and a terrific voice cast including Johnny Yong Bosch as the lead character Rush Sykes.