Holy Flame of the Martial World (1983)

bigwulee

I have owned DEMON OF THE LUTE for years, but haven't watched it yet. Hearing your comments has got me very interested in moving this towards the top of my "to view" pile. Of course, to get to the top of that massive pile I'm probably going to have to do some skydiving! :wink:

Bob this is a great, fun, weird, off the wall movie, Lee Hoi San's fight scene in particular:xd:

Jump out the plane man!:tongue:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eastern Evil

I have owned DEMON OF THE LUTE for years, but haven't watched it yet. Hearing your comments has got me very interested in moving this towards the top of my "to view" pile. Of course, to get to the top of that massive pile I'm probably going to have to do some skydiving! :wink:

Did you see it yet? :smile2:

I haven't watched it over and over like some Shaw movies, but I thought it was very good & part of one of my favorite Shaw nights.

(Buddha's Palm/Battle Wizard one night & Holy Flame of the Martial World/ Demon of the Lute 12 hours later)

Having seen these 4 for the 1st ime back to back like that was what cemented me as a Shaw fiend, althogh I was quite on my way by that time.

There are AT LEAST 30 or so Shaw actors that I'd like to see all of their movies, regardless of quality.

Did you see it yet? :smile2:

Buddha's Palm/Battle Wizard one night & Holy Flame of the Martial World/ Demon of the Lute 12 hours later

massive mindfuck material.

make it an entire mindfuck weekend marathon with the bastard swordsman, web of death & maybe s/t not quite so zany but still zany like ambitious kf girl or the uber-magnificent long road to gallantry and u re in for a psych eval :tongue:

btw, DEMON compared to HOLY FLAME i think is rather tame. demon is kinda cuddly and cute in tone, HFOTMW is like firecrackers exploding in your face.

still they both provide that very otherworldly, over the top zany cartoonish fantasy vibe to the fullest.

Just watched this after purchasing it on Amazon. It seems even the dialogue scenes are undercranked? Anyway, this movie was insane. I watched it with my 15 yr old son, and he couldn't believe what he was seeing! I have just watched the first Bastard Swordsman this week also. I now need to see everything else this director has done!

His non Shaw stuff is not in the same style(Tiger Over Wall, Hells Wind Staff, Crazy Horse, Intelligent Monkey).

The Master & Lover's Blades are KF movies. The other Shaws are wu xia movies in the vein of the ones you've seen.

He is one one my favs. Master of the style action style Ching Siu Tung created.

His non Shaw stuff is not in the same style(Tiger Over Wall, Hells Wind Staff, Crazy Horse, Intelligent Monkey).

The Master & Lover's Blades are KF movies. The other Shaws are wu xia movies in the vein of the ones you've seen.

He is one one my favs. Master of the style action style Ching Siu Tung created.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll try to see the Shaw stuff first, then maybe check out the other stuff.

Archived