American Ninja Movies-DVD versions?

sonnychibaidol

sonnychibaidol

As an admirer of the 80s-early 90s American Ninja Movie Series, I was wanting to know if anyone has found them on DVD at all yet?

I liked the first 2 in particular, but also did not mind the 3rd and 4th but hated the 5th.

Let me know about it anyone.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know MGM DVD released the first film and then combined 2 and 3 in a 2 movie-1disk package.

Based on info from Amazon it appears both are Widescreen. I would still check before purchasing if you don't want full screen just to be sure for the 2pack combo.

Guest Markgway

In the USA only the first film is widescreen

Pts 2 and 3 are fullframe (they were shot open matte).

In the UK there's a box set containing 1-3 in the series and they all should be widescreen.

Pts 4 and 5 haven't been released here yet.

kungpowmaster

I greatly enjoy these American Ninja films and I have them all on DVD. American DVD. The 1st is widescreen, as stated and the outhers are all full open matte. They are all decent quality DVDs, and well priced. The last one has more of a Karate Kid like appeal, and the main charater is not the same, though it is an actor that played the title role in another film. I believe there are 5 of these. These are all Cannon Film productions.

What I keep hoping for in a release of Enter the Ninja on American DVD, and Ninja III, The Domination too. MGM did release Revenge of the Ninja on a decent DVD here in the US. I really want a good Enter and III disc. If anyone can help in my Ninja quest, message me.

Archived