Deadly Strike

jiujitsu77

with bruce li, chen sing, lung fei, and a cast of other shaw vets.

does anyone enjoy this film as much as i do?

does anyone know of a dvd floating about?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this film a lot. Once of the first "Bruce" explotation films I got. I have it on VHS but would love a good DVD of it.

I've read of a DVD on the message boards before, I'm sure of it.

kungfusamurai

I think there's an early 70s basher by the same name. I bought a DVD which was a mainland Chinese pressing from a company that had put out widescreen transfers of films like Thundering Mantis and the Drunken Master movie with Casanova Wong, if I recall correctly. Anyway, that DVD was also called Deadly Strike, but it was an early 70s basher. I haven't seen the Bruce Li/Ho Chung Tao one yet. I think its the one 70s film of his that I don't have or haven't seen.

KFS

From what I remember I really liked this movie. Good plot, characters and fight scenes. I have a copy on dvd but it's taken from a video print and not a original.

thedirtytiger

There was an English DVD, I forgot the company name but they did a load of old VPD videos onto DVD about 6 years ago. I also have the VPD video ( these 2 versions are both cut ) and I have a US video I think released by Video Treasures ? and that is uncut but full screen ( I think ).

Yeah good flick. Chen Sing and his lil' snuff bottle, lol.

... and the weird music strands everytime his takes a hit.

:D

star video put it out back in 90 or 91 uncut. had bruce le on the cover, and underneath i believe was the shot from enter the game of death as well. however the box and sticker on the tape boasted bruce lee

i was a huge fan of the dirty dozen/magnificent seven type films when i was a kid (thanks to my uncles who introduced me to the REAL tough guys. being four and allowed to stay up til 9 to watch "the magnificent seven", "death wish", "GBU", "dirty dozen" and the like on channel 9 or 32 was a real treat) anyone remember when chicago tv was the shit?.

well anywhoo....along came samurai sunday on WGBO 66. i was about 6...and it all came in to place. Kung Fu was everything and MORE. and when i watched Deadly Strike, it seemed like it had all the elements. A Bruce Lee figure, the "dirty" prison gang that was proficient in individual weapons, the crazy head bandit...the works.

after watching it on tv once or twice, my dad (by coincidence) got me the tape for christmas. i still have it, even though he used the tape to record the bears during the end fight.....ouch! oh well..it was only 5 seconds until i started screaming for him to stop.

i would love to get my hands on this and use it in some way for the documentary on bruce li and such. hell...even trying to put out a "rare" type special edition of this would be fantastic. this film really has alot to offer. so many facets and so many great talents..and all in a taiwanese indy production

hell even the score was memorable

thedirtytiger

Aha sorry, yes, it's the Star Video version I have from the US. The UK dvd and video are indeed missing the chukkas.

Archived