Will Media Blasters Release More?

Shaolin Patriot

Shaolin Patriot

Since Ten Tigers of Kwangtung will be the seventh of ten MB releases (to be followed by Black Magic 2, Flag of Iron and Five Element Ninjas), does anyone know if they intend to acquire the unreleased BCI titles? Since MB and BCI fell under the Navarre corporate umbrella, it would make sense if MB inherited the balance. I'm sure Navarre already paid a bundle in licensing fees. Of course, it all depends on profitability of the already released titles. Has anyone been in touch with MB on this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I'd love to see BCI's titles receive similar treatment from MB. I've tried phoning them both up, but it's gone nowhere. MB barely have a valid phone number, whilst emailing is difficult.

In an interview with HKFilmNews, Richard York hasn't said it's out of the question to acquire more titles, so it could well happen.

Shaolin Patriot

Thanks for your efforts, CL. I'm guessing that MB will complete their release schedule during the summer months. Let's see if Richard York will make any further announcements by then. Stay tuned.

Shaolin Patriot
AFAIK, Media Blasters are not owned by Navarre.

In this respect, MB acquires the SB films, then translates and packages. Navarre is the US distributor of the MB label.

Archived