The Shaolin Temple Trilogy - Shaolin Temple (1982)/Kids from Shaolin (1984)/Martial Arts of Shaolin (1986)

Guest aliu321

No, it is mandarin. These were mainland movies, with mostly mainland martial artists playing the roles. They spoke mandarin, it's Jet Li's native tongue: he doesn't speak a word of cantonese.But I don't know if the dub on Martial Arts Of Shoalin is mandarin as I was speaking about Shaolin Temple 1 when I said english sub + english dub + mandarin.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it is mandarin. These were mainland movies, with mostly mainland martial artists playing the roles. They spoke mandarin, it's Jet Li's native tongue: he doesn't speak a word of cantonese.But I don't know if the dub on Martial Arts Of Shoalin is mandarin as I was speaking about Shaolin Temple 1 when I said english sub + english dub + mandarin.

Sorry, you're right of course. I can only comment on the dub on "Martial Arts" from Eastern Heroes. For one and two I have the "Grand Collection of The Shaolin Temple", which has both a cantonese and a mandarin soundtrack.

Archived