Films shot in Thailand?

falkor

thedirtytiger

Aha ok, sorry for any misunderstanding. I would very much like to see that version then. I will tell you if I ever ID that Panna footage, I have about 50 Panna movies and haven't watched them all yet and there's a load more I don't have and probably more I don't even know exist at the moment, I am trying to get to Panna for an interview, if I ever make it then I'll ask him about it ;) Thje first 30 mins of that film isd total rubbish anyway, would be better with some action spliced in :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen the film in a while, but wasn't Duel of Fists with David Chiang and Ti Lung partially shot in Thailand? I remember kickboxing and I think I saw signage in Thai script.

I could be wrong on this.

thedirtytiger

Interesting, I really can't remember Duel Of Fists well, I want to check up on that. I am trying to compile research into Chinese films shot in Thailand for my book :D

I see Tosh also mentioned Duel of Fists, so I am a johnny-come-lately here.

Here's one that no one has mentioned yet: Golden Destroyers, a Joseph Lai film. It has a sequence shot in a Thai village; thatched houses on stilts, women in ethinic clothing. A bad film that I have watched once too many, but partly shot in Thailand.

I haven't seen the film in a while, but wasn't Duel of Fists with David Chiang and Ti Lung partially shot in Thailand? I remember kickboxing and I think I saw signage in Thai script.

I could be wrong on this.

Duel of Fists was shot on location in Thailand, with some footage shot at the Shaw studio, Chiang is sent by his father on his death bed to Thailand to find his half brother, seems Dad was indulging in the Thai women sometime back. The only clue he has is he's a Muay Thai fighter with a tattoo on his arm. Ti Lung and Ku Feng no doubt took some serious Muay Thai training for this modern(70's) day film, some of the cloths they wear - hilariousXD

thedirtytiger

'Slap (slaps forehead)' I was confusing Duel Of Fists with Duel Of The Iron Fist, I know Duel Of Fists very well in fact a very famous Thai actress was in it too ;)

Archived