Films shot in Thailand?

falkor

Please list martial arts films shot in Thailand! You get bonus points if they feature old buddhist statues, jungle scenery, masks, dance shows or fighting stages constructed of wood.

Kickboxer

King Of The Kickboxers

Ong Bak series + all Tony Jaa films

Snake In The Wilson's Shadow

Born To Fight

What else is out there?? BEGIN! :nerd:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bang Rajan

Tears of the Black Tiger (this was a really cool, strange movie that looked like old 30's-40's western, just with Thai people)

The Legend of Suriyothai - I highly recommend this movie, beautifully shot, about the Queen that died in battle against the invading Burmes in a huge battle with elephants, massive Thai cultural reference, history, art and architecture, I'd love to see the next Ong Bak reach this level of production.

Suriyothai.jpg

Check out the old Panna movies if you haven't

Some Shaws -

Boxer's Omen - Nice temple and buddha shots in this

Duel of Fists - Ti Lung as a Muay Thai fighter!

The movie "Killer Elephant" on the Brooklyn Zu double feature DVD is actually a 70s Thai basher starring Sombat Metanee

I believe at least part of "Belly of the Beast" was. Haven't seen it but it seems to be partially set in Thailand.

The Hollywood film Vampires: The Turning, which featured loads of martial arts action, was shot in Thailand. Involved an American Muay Thai fighter who takes on vampires to get his girlfriend back with the help of some good Asian vampires, led by Roger Yuan.

Mandarin Magician

Hanuman: The White Monkey Warrior

Fighting Beat

Battle Warrior

Spirited Killer (Nuk kah win yarn hode)

Brave

part of The Tournament (1974) -Angela Mao/Carter Wong

A Fighter's Blues (2000) -Andy Lau (not exactly a martial arts film, but a drama)

Angel III (1989) -Moon Lee

thedirtytiger

Dragon killer with david chiang and tsiu siu keng with panna as a cameo

Sorry but you are mistaken, that is not the david chiang and tsui siu keung movie, i don't know what movie that panna clip is from but it is certainly a different movie.

Don't forget the many Sombat Methanee 1970's bashers, like Tiger Fighing and The Golden Triangle (also staring Lo Lieh) to name but a few.

I've also got a greek VHS of Tiger From the River Kwai (i've yet too see it though), that would probably also fit the criterias!?!

Dragon killer with david chiang and tsiu siu keng with panna as a cameo

Sorry but you are mistaken, that is not the david chiang and tsui siu keung movie, i don't know what movie that panna clip is from but it is certainly a different movie.

that is the same movie , i wouldnt make a mistake like that.

thedirtytiger

Well I have the Chiang / Tsui movie and Panna is certainly not in fact that whole sequence on youtube is not in the movie and is certainly from something else. I have the original Thai version, maybe there is a different version out there with some extra footage clipped in, I wouldn't ever rule that out. I also have the original poster and Panna is not on it. I live in Thailand now and have around 700 Thai films so I know a bit about them.

silver hermit

dreaming the reality (with temple)

dead target (with temple)

hero dream (with temple)

cheetah on fire

angels project

final run

maybe there is a different version out there with some extra footage clipped in,

must be the case i think my print is from malaysia ,

Archived