The Treasure Hunters

CatNap

For anyone that's seen the film with Gordan Liu and Alex Fu Sheng, is Fu Sheng's brother in this film? The resemblance seems too strong to be a coincidence.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, now I see why I couldn't find the name; he uses a different last name from his brother. Why is that, doesn anyone know? I'm guessing he's also the one who was driving in the fatal crash....shame.

I think their family name is Chang or Cheung. Fu sheng name is shortened, but his name is chang fu sheng or chueng fu sheng. There was some crazy rumors going around saying chang chan peng was driving, but then it was said he blamed wong yu(r.i.p) so I don't know, I guess that is something that will never be cleared up.

I read from two sources that Wong Yu was in the back seat; Fu Sheng's brother tried to put the blame on him, although his career died the night of his brother's passing.

I read from two sources that Wong Yu was in the back seat; Fu Sheng's brother tried to put the blame on him, although his career died the night of his brother's passing.

You right, that is what I read and alot of the other informtion was written in chinese so I didn't understand. But then there was some info saying fu sheng's older brother was driving, so some more confusion, because chang chan peng is fu sheng's younger brother.

To my knowledge and everything I've read about him, yes, 100% Chinese. Although I know he spent a period of time in Hawaii. He has a nephew living in England and when he had an injury on the set, he went to England for a CAT scan so his family is probably scattered - ten in all.

I've never read that or heard anything about it. Bruce Lee's mother was half German, half Chinese. His materal grandfather was German. I've never heard anything of the kind with Fu Sheng. He didn't look mixed blood to me and neither did his brother. Got a link that backs it up?

I think Meng fei, under one of his bios it said he was of chinese/italian. I'm sure somewhere down the line there is someone from another race in their family. I mean it really shows, fu sheng and his brother really do look biracial. He wife Jenny is of Chinese/Spanish. Her grandmother is spanish, from what I read.

Jenny's family was from Macau so they'd likely be Portuguese. Fu Sheng, an Italian? Wow...another paisan!

As much I'd like to believe he had Italian blood, I'd have to see something to verify this. There's a lot of misimfortation floating around on the Internet to go by word of mouth. To me, he looks Chinese and only Chinese.

I got a reply from Alexander Fu Sheng's nephew in England. The family has no Italian or German bloodline. Alex and his brother were 100% Chinese.

I got a reply from Alexander Fu Sheng's nephew in England. The family has no Italian or German bloodline. Alex and his brother were 100% Chinese.

Hi

That's what I thought. Alexander was 100% chinese. In Treasure Hunters is adorable see him with his younger brother, Chang Chan Peng. Concerning the day of the tragedy, they are many rumours about the driver, the third person in the back seat, etc. It's strange that the investigation don't go further. Where was Jenny this tragic night? Why she wasn't with her husband?

Anyone know something more?

Alexandra

I'd say it was nothing more than an unfortunate accident. Jenny was probably working at the time or at home. Who knows? I don't think it's such an important issue where she was - she wasn't the one driving.

It's strange that the investigation don't go further.

One of things that I plan to do when we hit HK next year is read up on some of the archives at the South China Morning Post. Granted, it was more than likely just an unfortunate accident but I'm sure there's some more specific information that was recorded back then.

This is the only photo I ever saw of the wreck (which I posted in that AFS 25yr anniversary thread)

fu_25g.jpg

Why was Jenny not with them? Well, one might fall prey to the rumor mill that the couple were on a verge of a divorce. Supposedly, there was an article(s) in the Singapore newspaper, Nan Yang Shang Pao, that they were within weeks of a divorce. I've never seen this piece and can't comment on its validity. Even then, was it hard journalism? Or celebrity fluff?

Whatever the case, some of Fu Sheng's fans blamed Jenny for his death. Certainly this resentment was unfair and probably just a way for fans to vent at the time.

Jenny confirmed in a "Be My Guest" interview that she and Fu Sheng were never divorced or on the verge of one. She said it was those gossip mags making up tall tales, however, she did confirm her late husband was being persued by another woman. This woman I "suspect" might be SB actress Chin Wai Yee who appeared with Fu Sheng in Hong Kong Playboys.

Anyhow, whether these rumors ever prove true or false, I prefer to always remember Fu and Jenny together - happy. I look forward to visiting his grave site next year and paying my respects to one of SB's greatest talents.

I think they had a happy marriage and the stories were just for selling papers. Whenever someone dies so young and in such a senseless way, people have to make up theories to deal with the grief. I doubt any of the rumors were true.

I think they had a happy marriage and the stories were just for selling papers. Whenever someone dies so young and in such a senseless way, people have to make up theories to deal with the grief. I doubt any of the rumors were true.

True. Papers are notorious for yellow journalism.

Fu & Jenny certainly had their issues (as all marriages do). A poster that frequented this board several years ago had met with them back then. He had some interesting tales of a lunch they shared plus how Fu was once forced to return several items to a clothing store after Jenny had apparently "disagreed" with his purchases. Again, these were not rumors but first hand accounts.

What type of injuries did Fu Sheng sustain in that accident? Anyone know? The wreckage looks pretty unsightly.:o

I remember when it happened a buddy of mine who always shopped in Chinatown here read the article in the paper with that photo.

:S

So sad.

Since he wasn't wearing a safety belt and the passenger side took the worst of it, probably servere head injuries. He died five hours later in the hospital.

I remember reading back when Fu Sheng passed away that, although his family came from some wealth, he had recently taken out a huge insurance policy on himself (another testament to just how little he was making at Shaws?) and as a result Jenny ended up becoming extremely rich very suddenly (I've heard close to 10 million US just from the policy).

Which would help explain her continued high-living lifestyle after all these years.

She maintains property all over the world including HK and an absolutely gorgeous place in San Francisco's Nob Hill area where she's been raising her daughter, Melody (who looks suspiciously like Fu Sheng, although she was born well after his death - and yes, I've heard the rumors about that one too).

Archived