Drunken Master movies....

lillippa328

lillippa328

Ok, what are all the Drunken Master movies with Simon Yuen in order? I wanna purchase but I dunno where to start....

I know theres Dance of the Drunken Mantis, World of the Drunken Master, Story of the Drunken Master and some more too....can some1 help me out please?Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the 2 official films and are essential

Drunken Master (start with this one!)

Dance of the Drunken Mantis (official sequel but Jackie Chan is not in this!)

Legend of Drunken Master (aka Drunken Master 2) with Jackie Chan but obviously not with Simon Yuen as had long since passed away

This is not afaik an official sequel but is still essential and frequently makes top 10 lists

Then there are these, not sure about what order they came out in though

World of the Drunken Master (not seen)

Story of the Drunken Master (not seen)

Drunken Fist Boxing (terrible movie IMO)

Drunken Arts and Crippled Fist (not seen)

There is a sequel that begins with the final few minutes of Drunken Master showing Jackie Chan, then goes on to follow the Beggar Su character. I have not seen this movie in years but for the longest time in the 80's if you tried to buy a bootleg of DRUNKEN MASTER then you would get this movie instead.

Dance of the Drunken Mantis is definitely worth getting, Yuen Shun Yi really gets to show his skills in that one.

Story of the Drunken Master (not seen)

Drunken Fist Boxing (terrible movie IMO)

According to HKCinemagic, these are the same movie.

If you're talking about movies where Simon Yuen appears as the "Beggar So" character and variations thereof, there are also:

An Old Kung Fu Master (1981)

Peculiar Boxing Tricks and the Master (1978) (tons of aliases here)

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow (1978) (Yuen plays the Beggar So-like character in this as well; "prequel" to Drunken Master)

Sleeping Fist (1979)

Cute Foster Sister (1979)

Six Directions of Boxing (1980) (could be wrong about this one)

Drunken Master Slippery Snake was pretty ropey, unless you dig seeing Chin Yuet Sang obviously doubling Simon Yuen in some mediocre manner.

freddy wong

what would be the best dvd version of the orig drunken master? im looking for one with the orig dubbing and a remastered transfer...

Archived