Ong Bak 4 with Jackie Chan?

falkor

All these films are good in their own little world, but they are nothing compared to the Kung genre; do you understand me? They are NOTHING! However, I'm 60% complete on There Will Be Blood, so we will see if peringaten is able to inspire me to watch non-Kungs. Between me and you though, P's probably got more chance recommending the New Years Eve fireworks or the recording of a domino rally.
Hells yeah. TWBB demands you pay attention to it properly, stick with it, exercise that old grey matter; & if you don't come out at least somewhat awed by the end, I'm a monkey's uncle. Daniel Day Lewis, what a guy.

If that doesn't work, like Teako said, we might need to take drastic action, but Woody might be a bit too drastic! For me as well.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE SHALL SEE! If I had an ego I would've ignored you, but fortunately for you I have an open mind, so am prepared to be your guinea pig in this scientific experiment to see if an American Drama film can impress me... If Deadly Snail Vs. The Kung Fu Killers turns out to be better then should I listen to you in the future? On the other hand, if its worse then I will eat glass and kowtow. Anyone else got any ideas on how to make this more exciting?

Requiem for a dream.

That film is gut wrenching and challenging.

Still the one film I love above all others.

Respect to you, Mr. Falkor! Definitely looking forward to seeing which way this one goes. Nothing is worse than Deadly Snail.

There's a couple movies in there I haven't seen I'll have to check out, I think in the last 10 years or so I've went the more Asian route, but there are a lot of KF and Samurai movies I still haven't watched, so it's hard to find your priorities. But a good movie is a good movie no matter when and where it was made.

I've recently in the last couple years been getting into the Yakazu movies, I saw a few of the older ones that where more of a cross between a Samurai and gangster film but then I watched the Yakuza Papers and was blown away.

Falkor if you haven't I suggest some of the Older Samurai movies, to me nothing beats the golden age of Japanese cinema.

I've obviously got a different way of looking at movies to you guys, hence the reason I only watch Kung (could change this evening). Ong Bak 2 ended for me after Crowman completes his finishing move, which is kind of like a climax to the end fight. Leading up to the climax was a progression of fight scenes centered around key special moves, including the slow motion knees, triple aerial kick and backflip kick off the elephant's tusks. The masked man helped keep us in suspense like the end fight was never going to end, though if Tony fought him properly it would have gone on too long. The final 2 finishing moves were based around the elephant, so they couldn't have performed anything more spectacular unless the plan was for Basket Man to fight on top of a 2nd Elephant (hypothesis supported by the additional move seen in the promo reel). Anyhow, after the Elephant antics had ended, the drama scenes thereafter is just a ploy to wrap things up; no way is the ending meant to be analysed or taken seriously. Again, training, martial arts styles/weapons, and dancing is a progression towards the end fight, which itself progressed via special moves and finishing moves. After the last finishing move, the ending kind of acts like a minor regression without any significance if that makes sense? In other words, the ending is the least important part of the movie.

Falkor np There.Will.Be.Blood[2007]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo [158:25m/795kbps/48kHz]

Here we go... let's begin! XD

I was expecting the ending to be abrupt so it didn't bother me, though it would of been cool to see an ending ala Sword of Doom where Jaa just starts going nuts beating the ever living shit out of everyone and have it end with a close up of his crazed face, now that would of been the way to go if you ask meXD

I finished watching There Will Be Blood!

1) Acting - lots of self promotion rhetoric; Daniel is a good actor and good with words.

2) Drama - lots of well thought out, imaginative, and clever scenes with lots of good twists.

3) Comedy - good comedy scenes, mainly taking the mickey out of religion and the church.

4) Educational - I never knew about the oil industry. The film taught me about life and made me more aware of certain things.

5) Inspirational - I would like to learn more about oil and mental health.

That Daniel was insane... But the funny thing is I am also mad in exactly the same way! Recently, I told a shopkeeper I was going to burn down his shop because he was overpricing his sweets, trying to con people, and the only thing he couldn't con me on was a Dime Bar because it had the 43p price tag on the wrapper. Obviously, I don't want to go back to that shop and end up putting a kebab skewer through the fella's ears, so I would like to get my mental condition diagnosed and seek the appropriate treatment. Obviously, God is not the answer; Christians are the worst!

The film is definitely good for what it is and beneficial to the viewer, though I still feel its not worth wasting 2 hours+ for those 5 elements, and do not feel the urge to watch it again. Its like picking up a fictional book or any one of the billions of fairy tale stories available out there. They do stuff for me, but not the right stuff.

I've been put on this earth, surrounded by all these crazy people who I hate. I would like to become a hermit and spend the rest of my life trying to figure out what I'm doing here by studying history, astronomy and quantum mechanics. Apart from that, the only thing that can give me the fix I need in this life is Kung Fu Movies (I can only manage 1 glass/can of wine/beer otherwise I get bladder problems); let's hope the Ong Bak sequels help rejuvenate Old School style productions. My only mission in life up until now has been to see 7 Grandmasters re-released in cinemas/theatres, albeit worldwide; Ong Bak 2 is the perfect substitute vehicle to wake up all these crazy people watching only hollywood movies. Cheers! ;)

That Daniel was insane... But the funny thing is I am also mad in exactly the same way! Recently, I told a shopkeeper I was going to burn down his shop because he was overpricing his sweets, trying to con people, and the only thing he couldn't con me on was a Dime Bar because it had the 43p price tag on the wrapper.

Ticking timebomb.

Kudos. Reason I thought that one for consideration is the nature of conflict that arises from it. I think that ending's something; especially considering the build-up towards it. I take away similarly that I do a well-conceived & well anticipated kung duel, albeit in a different manner of stimulation. The satisfaction of Day-Lewis taking out his fury upon Eli's character; the acting dramatics/performance/play-out elements working on me like a good emotional choreo setpiece. I like the allegorical implications of the capitalist & religious foundations within conflict that further it somewhat, differ it from the norm, dramatically & complexly personified. It's feels like a western this picture, in the sense of folk setting out to build a new foundation from those open plains, conflicts over the way this is done; feels relevant in a sense the way these elements more embryonic here have established from man into strong fruition generally. A lot of food for thought; well open to interpretation. Black gold.

Might want to get checked out them burning urges!

Now, if only we could get this experiment to work in reverse & get a non-kung fan to endeavour a copy of Rendezous With Death or somesuch...

Mate, most people won't even give a kung fu film a chance "I know what a kung fu film is like--violent--and everyone makes funny noises, so I don't need to watch one because I know I won't like it". That's your typical response from ignorant, close-minded, mainstream folk. They haven't got a clue, yet they watch the talent shows like they are something really amazing, when they are nothing compared to a Kung man's performance.

I loved Ong Bak 2, can't wait to see it with subs.

I saw this on Tony's Wiki entry....

"....veteran Hong Kong martial arts coordinator Lau Kar-leung has mentioned Jaa as someone he'd like to work with."

I think I would mess my pants if Tony made a film with Pops.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I saw this on Tony's Wiki entry....

"....veteran Hong Kong martial arts coordinator Lau Kar-leung has mentioned Jaa as someone he'd like to work with."

I think I would mess my pants if Tony made a film with Pops.

Wha... wha... wha... what!? :o OMG! Please let that happen!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Killer Meteor
Mate, most people won't even give a kung fu film a chance "I know what a kung fu film is like--violent--and everyone makes funny noises, so I don't need to watch one because I know I won't like it". That's your typical response from ignorant, close-minded, mainstream folk. They haven't got a clue, yet they watch the talent shows like they are something really amazing, when they are nothing compared to a Kung man's performance.

To be fair, the typical old school kung fu film is quite exaggerated, especially when seen dubbed, and can be rather eccentric. This is often why the more western Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan films serve as an introduction to people who'd probably be turned off by Born Invincible or Ninja: Final Duel

I'd be up for a new movie from LKL starring literally anyone... man's not getting any younger.

"Heroes of Shaolin" needs to happen. I wonder if Shaw/Celestial could provide the finance. It could really give them the kick they'd need to get people interested in these remakes that they're planning on doing.

Archived