The Magic Flute - The Bruce Lee film that never was.

QueenBlast

Based on the released movie CIRCLE OF IRON do you think it would have been a classic or dud had Bruce Lee not abandoned the project and filmed it instead of working on GOD and ETD? My personal feeling after watching CIRCLE OF IRON is that once Carradine was cast the script was rewritten to be more like his KUNG FU series.

Lynn

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Circle Of Iron is a joke, it was just another cheap Bruce Lee cash in from the 70s. Carradine played the role/roles intended for Bruce Lee. He would have played multiple characters and cast another actor in the role of Cord.

There are a number of scripts for the film. If I recall rightly there's around four complete scripts by Stirling Silliphant & Lee. I'm not sure if the version on the Circle Of Iron DVD is the same as the physical copy I have. Hard to say if the film would have been a commercial success or not. Ive no doubt if Bruce Lee had the right people backing him, then SF would have been a decent movie.

The script is far superior to any featured in his completed films. He abandoned the project back in the late 60s long before he ever got into the GO.D idea. According to the Bruce Lee The Legend documentary Lee was inspired by the pagodas he saw in Nepal. He didn't intend on using them in Silent Flute but hung onto the idea of using them in a future project.

I had forgotten all about the re-make of the Silent Flute mpm74. Enter The Dragon has been rumored to undergo the re-make treatment a few times.

Silent Flute is probably on the back burner.

I think the Bruce Lee estate has their total concentration on the Bruce Lee bio pic, by director George Nolfi (The Adjustment Bureau).

masterofoneinchpunch

At first I thought this thread was going to be the long lost adaptation of Mozart's opera Die Zauberflöte (Magic Flute) with Bruce Lee transporting the story to the Qing dynasty.

Is there any fans here of Circle of Iron?

So many films in development hell, I would hope that Silent Flute would eventually get made (maybe only to regret the outcome.)

Silent Flute is probably on the back burner.

I think the Bruce Lee estate has their total concentration on the Bruce Lee bio pic, by director George Nolfi (The Adjustment Bureau).

Another Bruce Lee biopic:sad:, I think there's enough badly made BL biopics already out there.

Another Bruce Lee biopic:sad:, I think there's enough badly made BL biopics already out there.

The cash cow won't milk itself.

The cash cow won't milk itself.

True.

I wonder how much the Estate is connected to the film based around the Wong Jack Man/Bruce Lee fight?. I'm sure there will be plenty of merchandise to tie in with the release of the biopic too. Maybe the chance to release yet another another Bruce Lee film box set too.

Archived