The Gallant

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Just got a copy of this Wang Yu vehicle (three stores in one) and sadly it was unwatchable. Some a-hole had obviously zoomed the already full-frame image in to remove an ident and in the process would up cropping an extra 25%. If there's 35% of the frame left you're lucky. The subs are frequently off-screen (and that's without overscan) and heads are missing entirely. The whole cast appears to have been decapitated.

Anyways... is there a decent version of this floating around? I don't imagine it'll be a good film (it is Wang Yu post-Shaws after all) but I'd like to see it all the same....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey Markgway,

If you send me that screwed up copy I might be able to fix it. It's a bit of a long shot, but it'd be worth the cost of postage if it works right? PM me if you want to give it a try. I've been looking for this one too, but so far, no luck.

Guest Markgway
Hey Markgway,

If you send me that screwed up copy I might be able to fix it. It's a bit of a long shot, but it'd be worth the cost of postage if it works right? PM me if you want to give it a try. I've been looking for this one too, but so far, no luck.

It's unfixable. I don't mean that the picture is squeezed or something. I mean that it's just not there. Gone. The distributor has cropped off about 65% of the image. There's nothing you can do with the remaining 35% to make it watchable. Honest. No English audio and non-visible subs. It's a disaster and a bit of checking suggests it's from VideoShit, sorry, Video Asia. I'd be inclined to give my copy away free (with a trade of course - to justify postage - lol)

I Markgway, first said that sorry for my english, i´m from Spain and my english isn´t very good yet.

Second thing, i have a VHS transfer of THE GALLANT in widescreen and dubbed in spanish, if you are interested i can send you a copy of it or trade... what you prefer.

Here are some screencaps:

PDVD_000-20.jpg

PDVD_003-18.jpg

PDVD_002-19.jpg

PDVD_001-18.jpg

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Second thing, i have a VHS transfer of THE GALLANT in widescreen and dubbed in spanish, if you are interested i can send you a copy of it or trade... what you prefer.

I would be willing to trade you for a copy. I learned Spanish in school, and remember enough that I could likely follow the film's story. If you would be willing to trade with me, please PM me your e-mail address and I will send you my list. That way you can pick something for the trade. Thanks.

Markgway, I hear you bro. I thought maybe it was just way over scanned and I could shrink it down to recover some of the picture.

Archived