Kung Fu Sunday

ironfistedmonk

ironfistedmonk

I've been really burnt out the last few months, I hadn't watched a kung fu movie all year and I have a huge pile of stuff to get through so today I decided to pop on a movie and have a nice relaxed afternoon. I used to regularly chill out and watch 2 or 3 movies on a Sunday afternoon and I'm trying to get back into watching them after so long a break.

Anyway today I watched Rider of Revenge with Tien Peng and Polly Shang Kuan, it's an older swordplay and a pretty average one at that although Miao Tien and Man Chung San are pretty good as 2 of the villains and there is a nice fight set in a brewery about 40 minutes into the film which is reminiscent of the Shaws stuff from around the same time.

Do any of you guys have a kung fu Sunday? Anyone watched anything good today?

Forgive my ramblings in this thread I'm just trying to find that buzz I used to have for these films and I thought a bit of discussion would help. :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Almost every Thursday or Friday and always every Saturday nights I watch either a samurai of kung fu flick. This genre is like an addiction for me. My fiance is very cool about, thankfully.

Sundays are great for KF movies. Its not KF, but I watched a couple Zatoichi films today. Zatoichi 9 is pretty good.

I have Kung Fu Saturday and Sunday. I always try and get in one movie before noon if possible.

I always used to have a Kung Fu sunday at one point. I'd be up at about 7am and would watch one movie after another until about 4 or 5pm.

Very rare I am at home on a Sunday now so I tend to watch a couple at night during the week.

Yeah... I just recently resumed my viewing of the classics!

After suffering KF burnout, I've returned to my beloved films with a jumpstart from Ti Lung's The Convict Killer. I've also taken in The Duel, this past Sunday.:D

It's great to have enough films, that it becomes difficult to figure out what you are going to watch!

Next week, maybe an oldie, like Dragon Gate Inn?

:nerd:

Everynight is KF Night! Just kidding, I wish though, I usually watch mine during the week, since moving my weekends get busy between surfing and BBQ, just trying to get out and be more active in my old age:p

Sometimes I get on a spree and watch 3-4 movies in a row, either KF or Samurai, I like to mix it up.

Next week, maybe an oldie, like Dragon Gate Inn?

:nerd:

There you go, King Hu's movies are as classic as you can get, love the theme music for the villain.

I always had a Kung Fu Saturday from the time I was 7. My dad and I used to go to a video store in the Bronx after his part time job at a furniture store just a block down and I always rented a kung fu movie. It was that or my late uncle would come over on Saturdays and bring me kung fu films to borrow for the weekend. :) I really miss those days but I think once my kids really get old enough, I think I might bring that tradition back as both of them have a little liking to martial arts.

ironfistedmonk

I'm gonna try and revive my Kung Fu Sundays, I managed to watch The Himalayan after Rider of Revenge plus an episode of a raw TV series I have been labouring to watch, hopefully the kung buzz is coming back.

Archived