Arterial Spray Samurai Classics

DeathShrike

Guest WuxiaFan
I wanted to love it! ;) If you have any interest in why I didn't... you can check out my post in this thread:

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7560&page=3

BTW- I miss your "snowman" avatar.

I read your post and understand what you're saying. I guess I'm a sucker for female samurais. ICHI seems to have the same "look" as Azumi and I'm looking forward to it. The trailer looked good, but wished it had English subs.:)

What is that 1978 documentary on Katsu that you referred to in the thread above?? I would like to see that!

I thought since Spring has sprung, I would change my avatar. I'll bring it back next winter.;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I thought Beat's Zatoichi was really good not great but a much more darker Zatoichi than Katsu's so I enjoyed that.

As far as Azumi goes I loved them both, I was hoping for a aprt 3 to come out. I was read that they were doing a Japanese TV series of Azumi.

Does anyone know if the Female Zatoichi (Ichi) 2008' was ever released I cannot find it anywhere?

Thanks Gaijin84, I spoke to Merlin over at SamuraiDVD he said he might Subtitle it himself if CK doesn't do it.

Guest WuxiaFan
OK I thought Beat's Zatoichi was really good not great but a much more darker Zatoichi than Katsu's so I enjoyed that.

As far as Azumi goes I loved them both, I was hoping for a aprt 3 to come out. I was read that they were doing a Japanese TV series of Azumi.

Let me know if that happens!:D

Guest WuxiaFan
Does anyone know if the Female Zatoichi (Ichi) 2008' was ever released I cannot find it anywhere?

daisho--see my post #19 on page 2.:)

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Funny - I saw it (Ping Pong) in a packed theater too, at the 2003 Subway Cinema NYAFF in the East Village (Grady Hendrix FTW!). I was blown away, not only being an avid Ping Pong player but the emotion behind it was very well done. I recommend the soundtrack too, some great stuff on there.

It's a perfect film to see with an enthusiastic crowd. And Grady is awesome.

I read your post and understand what you're saying. I guess I'm a sucker for female samurais. ICHI seems to have the same "look" as Azumi and I'm looking forward to it. The trailer looked good, but wished it had English subs.:)

What is that 1978 documentary on Katsu that you referred to in the thread above?? I would like to see that!

I hear you. Sexy and deadly... yes please! :P

The doc was part of a series on Japanese cinema I believe, but I only have the one part- the Zatoichi one. It's really cool seeing behind the scenes on this series, and Katsu as the mad artist, getting drunk, wooing the ladies, dancing to groovy tunes, and getting tyranical about how his ciggarette is lit! Someone cool hooked me up with it. So PM me your info and I'll pass it on to you. Keep the sharing going, you know? ;)

Thanks Gaijin84, I spoke to Merlin over at SamuraiDVD he said he might Subtitle it himself if CK doesn't do it.

That would rock. I'm anxious to see it.

Archived