Funny vid- Wang Yu dissed.... Ouch!!!

TibetanWhiteCrane

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

He's all attitude!!! Too bad he couldn't grasp the importance of being a little more understanding of his situation. I'm gonna have to check this one out. The dubs look a little cheezy, but I guess that's to be expected.

Guest Yi-Long

Would have been nice if Bruce had lived, and he and Jimmy would ever had to work together on some movie, and Jimmy would be acting like a dick on set...

Would have been nice if Bruce had lived, and he and Jimmy would ever had to work together on some movie, and Jimmy would be acting like a dick on set...

Yeah, and Bruce would have knock him out! XD

If Bruce lived I doubt these 2 would get along, 2 much ego on the set!

But I must say Wang Yu was a real d*ck! :quiet:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I have to agree, he acted like a pompous ass. But in a recent interview with him, he seemed very modest and personable. Perhaps he was cocky and obnoxious in his youth, but as he's aged he's managed to mature and has dealt properly with his ego problem? Or... he was just acting modest. I'd like to think the former though. ;)

Guest Yi-Long

Maybe he was doing some drugs or something at the time!?

Anyway, seems like a piece of work. Can't believe they didn't kick his ass.

I have to agree, he acted like a pompous ass. But in a recent interview with him, he seemed very modest and personable. Perhaps he was cocky and obnoxious in his youth, but as he's aged he's managed to mature and has dealt properly with his ego problem? Or... he was just acting modest. I'd like to think the former though. ;)

Yeah, hopefully as he has grown older and mature he appreciates the support alot more

When an old guy with a big white beard says that you're one of the two worst people he's ever worked with in his life-----that ain't good!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
When an old guy with a big white beard says that you're one of the two worst people he's ever worked with in his life-----that ain't good!

I wonder who the other one was?

the man from hong kong was a GREAT exploitation film....and i seriously do NOT like jimmy wang yu. however, i feel this was the best he has ever looked in terms of fighting and acting ability on screen. lazenby was not bad either. get this film if you can...shit i tend to dig anything from australia really...but this aside....yeah...wang yu....what a fuckin' dick.

any other stories people have in regards to his behavior? i only get a vague glimpse of his background here and there. like the story with jackie chan and lo wei and the triads and such. never felt like i got the full scoop. and why in the hell did he never train to look like he knew what he was doing on screen? you would think when you work with some of the best action choreographers in the world you would pick up a thing or two...instead you make fantasy mission force...go fuckin figure

On one of the ivl DVDs. Cheng Pei Pei said Wang Yu was arrogant, cocky and rude while they were filming Golden Swallow. She also disses him badly by calling him ugly and didn't see why he was such a big star at the time.

Anyone knows which DVD she talks about Wang Yu? I know I have it, but can't recall which one.

...and why in the hell did he never train to look like he knew what he was doing on screen? you would think when you work with some of the best action choreographers in the world you would pick up a thing or two..

And that's the thing---what the heck does he have to be so cocky about in the first place? Now, I'll admit I do like a lot of his movies, but seriously, he wasn't exactly Daniel Day-Lewis as an actor, and you'd be hard pressed to come up with a more prominent martial arts movie star who was a less-convincing screen fighter.

TibetanWhiteCrane
its not a secret he was a triad brother... ask him where Lung Fei went...

No that's no big secret.... but what about Lung Fei???

And that's the thing---what the heck does he have to be so cocky about in the first place? Now, I'll admit I do like a lot of his movies, but seriously, he wasn't exactly Daniel Day-Lewis as an actor, and you'd be hard pressed to come up with a more prominent martial arts movie star who was a less-convincing screen fighter.

Like it or not, Jimmy Wang Yu was a good actor, and came out at a time when acting was more important than martial arts, most martial arts actors where/are terrible actors but great at KF, sure some had more charisma then others. I think these films truley work when you can mix in good actors and martial artists, then you had guys that were convincing at both like Ku Feng, who was really a better actor, and Phillip Ko that brought the best of both worlds.

In fairness to Wang Yu, who knows if these people weren't cool with him. I could imagine a situation where people would be patronizing towards him because he was an Asian film star. Look how so many HK film stars get jerked around in America. Jackie Chan has the patience of Job.

• Like 1

shaolin drunkard
Yeah I want to hear what happened to Lung Fei. I'm sure a lot of us would be very greatful.

Someone hopefully comes up with answer soon,I do not remember it well...I did read somewhere long time ago Lung Fei ended up to prison(in taiwan?) and somehow Wang Yu helped him to get out...hmm actually I think he was kidnapped

Killer Meteor

Shan Mao, Lung Fei's partner in crime in many a Wang Yu and Bruce Li movie, was murdered in the late 70s, I think...