Season 2 of Street Justice released

Chinatown Kid

Chinatown Kid

Just wanted to let anyone who is a fan of the Street Justice series of the early 90's starring Carl Weathers and Bryan Gennesse that the second and final season is finally available, got mine at amazon.com. The show featured some good stories and martial arts courtesy of the character Grady played by Gennesse who was a real life practicioner of Hung Gar and TKD. The first season on DVD was great!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesse Smooth
Just wanted to let anyone who is a fan of the Street Justice series of the early 90's starring Carl Weathers and Bryan Gennesse that the second and final season is finally available, got mine at amazon.com. The show featured some good stories and martial arts courtesy of the character Grady played by Gennesse who was a real life practicioner of Hung Gar and TKD. The first season on DVD was great!

Bryan also studied Muay Thai as well.

I have both seasons and they are great!! I loved this show when it first came on and it's great to go back and revist it. The show really had some good writing and acting. The fights for being 90's TV show were good for the time they allowed.

I think my favorite episode is Circle of Death with special guest star Billy Blanks.

It's a shame that Genesse never to go show more of his skills on the DTV front. Would have been interesting to see him in an all out martial arts movie.

Chinatown Kid

Yeah it would have been great to see Genesse in a full-fledged martial arts movie, I think he could have been an awesome MA movie star.

kingofkungfu2002

He had a great fight scene with Gary Daniels in the finale of 'Cold Harvest'.

Jesse Smooth

He's almost 45 years old. Time's slipping away from him! He has about possibly three years left.

Chinatown Kid

Death Train was ok but a letdown to me as well Jesse because Bryan didn't get a chance to do alot of MA, I haven't seen Cold Harvest yet kingofkungfu but I'm gonna have to track it down from what you said, Genesse vs Gary Daniels sounds like a great matchup.

I personally enjoy Bryan's film "Live Wire: Human Timebomb" not the best MA movie but he got to show off his skills and it's all out action from beginning to end. Worth checking out if you liked Death Train...which I agree with others here....was ok.

kingofkungfu2002
I haven't seen Cold Harvest yet kingofkungfu but I'm gonna have to track it down from what you said, Genesse vs Gary Daniels sounds like a great matchup.

Here's a clip of what to expect :)

kYHN0eexhcQ

Chinatown Kid

Hey that fight looked pretty good, I'm looking forward to seeing this and Genesse as the villain for a change. Thanks for posting it!

Jesse Smooth

There's a movie called "The Alternate" AKA "Agent of Death", featuring Ice T., Michael Madsen and Eric Roberts. Genesee and his real life wife Brooke Theiss (who has a fight scene herself) are villains. He's the main villain, I think, I've never seen the film myself.

Chinatown Kid

Thanks Mr. Smooth, I'll see if i can find that film as well. Season 2 arrived the other day and I'm really enjoying the episodes so far on disc 1, Circle of Death that gorhama mentioned was one of them and Bryan and Billy Blanks do have a cool little fight in the finale.

Thanks Mr. Smooth, I'll see if i can find that film as well. Season 2 arrived the other day and I'm really enjoying the episodes so far on disc 1, Circle of Death that gorhama mentioned was one of them and Bryan and Billy Blanks do have a cool little fight in the finale.

I would say that is my fav episode.

I think the show was well written and acted. There's a great one that deals with racism later in the movie. Some hard hitting stuff for an action show. Also great chemistry between Weathers and Genesse.

Jesse Smooth

I just ordered it on amazon.com just a few minutes ago.

I remember when I was a kid, one of those Martial Art Encyclopedia/almanac books had a small article on Genesee. I would look through the martial art books at stores like B. Dalton and such. I'd like to track that book down. I think it was called History of Karate or something like that.

Chinatown Kid

Thanks for the clip Jesse, nice to know Bryan has got a shot at directing. I'm really liking these stories in season 2, the one mentioned earlier about racism titled Black or Blue is really good as well as the one where Malloy is stalked by one of Adam's fellow cops. Too bad Carl quit this show to do In the Heat of the Night, I really wish we had a season 3 to watch!

Jesse Smooth

Though, I don't watch soaps, looks like Bryan has a recurring role on The Bold & The Beautiful. He's reprising the same character he had played in the 80s.

http://www.soaps.com/boldandbeautiful/news/3356/Bryan_Genesse_Returns_to_The_Bold_and_the_Beautifu

I'm glad to see he's still out there. I just wish he would have gone further. He had good looks, screen presence and movie star quality. He has a shitty agent.

I can't watch the soaps just for him though.

Chinatown Kid

Same here Jesse, I just can't watch soap operas. Now if Bryan was doing Martial Arts in every episode then I would reconsider. :D

Jesse Smooth
Same here Jesse, I just can't watch soap operas. Now if Bryan was doing Martial Arts in every episode then I would reconsider. :D

I've watched them with my parents and grandmother, but I can't on my free will. XD

Bryan did a low budget film called Cold Vengeance. Like most of his other films, he did some MA in the finale. I have the video somewhere on original VHS, but I remember that Darren Shahlavi was also in the film and it was directed by Jalal Merhi (from the Tiger Claws trilogy)

Archived